My guild just lost rank ?

Just now my guild went from Guild Rank 2 to Guild Rank 1.... is this a glitch?

Or did my guys just do so badly we pwnt ourselves

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing happened to us.

me too..
    fucking took away my 5% xp boost ><
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    they reset the levels and decreased the experience gain. there is also a cap now.

Blue says:

Unfortunately, due to an error, some guilds have been able to gain more experience in the first few hours of Cataclysm than was initially intended. Your guild is one of those affected and as a result, has had the guild rank moved back to level 1. This has been done to all guilds that had this issue.

The reason for this is that guild experience has been intentionally capped at a certain amount a day. Tomorrow you will once again be able to gain experience as normal.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you and your guild. The issue should now be fixed so this will not be a recurring issue.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ap-enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by hippaw View Post
    they reset the levels and decreased the experience gain. there is also a cap now.
    can't have anyone getting to 85 first just because they have a larger guild. That wouldn't be fair for ppl who have small guilds, just got out of a guild, are remaking a guild etc ect

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a daily cap for how much a guild can gain, which is stupid I think since everyone will get everything at the same time but I"m guessing it's to help smaller guilds?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    -Nietzsche
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Thanks for the blue post!

Makes sense. Now I dont feel so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pavl View Post
    There is a daily cap for how much a guild can gain, which is stupid I think since everyone will get everything at the same time but I"m guessing it's to help smaller guilds?
    My guild in BC was the top raiding guild on the server, and we had maybe 30-33 active raiders. Because we were made up of a lot of the better players from other guilds and were "popular" if you will, we had 200+ "friends" follow the raiders over, just to hang out in /g.

There's no reason a guild like that should have a huge advantage over a guild that just allows raiders.

There was already a daily cap when my guild reached rank two... and the amount listed for the daily cap didn't change. We just got pwned in the face for no reason.
    Daenerýs

“It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, all that--it's all illusion. Unknown is what it is. Accept that it's unknown and it's plain sailing. Everything is unknown--then you're ahead of the game. That's what it is. Right?” - John Lennon

I was under the assumption that there was a daily cap, but when guilds had everyone log in with legendaries and reputations the guild achievements would level you past the cap. Apparently this is untrue as blizzard has demoted guilds who managed to get to level 2. On the bright side my guild still managed to pump out two realm first 85 shaman's before the nerf happened.

they don't want guilds to blow throught the levels so they removed xp gains from guild achievements and made a daily cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Daily cap is fair enough, makes sense.

If however, the daily cap is reached each day, given there has now been two 'resets', is it still impossible for a guild to get past level 1?

I ask because our guild got to rank 5 on the first day (with 35+ people spamming quests for two hours), then reset back to 1, then back up to 3 the next day, then back down to 1, but the total experience earned did not change since the first 'reset'

It would be good to have some clarification on this.

Actually on top of the above posted change to guild experience, the following change was also made earlier today:

We have decided to remove the added bonus of gaining Guild Experience from Guild Achievements earned. This change will realign Guild Achievements with our philosophy held for normal Achievements, which are intended to be predominantly their own reward (barring the rare exception of special achievements that grant an additional reward.) Previously, the experience reward had been seen as an additional side bonus and not something that should have been significantly skewing the advancement of guilds. During the beta, we greatly increased leveling speed across the board and since most characters were copied from templates, guild experience from Achievements didn’t seem imbalanced. It has become clear that an imbalance does exist and should be addressed to ensure that guilds progress at the rates expected within the daily Guild Experience limits.

For guilds that are currently above the normally possible experience limit, we will be readjusting it back to the expected limit once more. This will not affect Guild Reputation gains at this point in time.
    That may have also affected your guild experience.

Think a guildie did the math and itll take like 48 days to do all the levels (provided the cap is 50% xp instead of a set amount)

my guild vent 1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 1

atleast i hit 85 before the second dump

Guild Rep

I couldn't find an answer to this question, so here is a good as place as any I hope. Is there a guild reputation cap as well? (Not guild xp, personal reputation with guild). Mine capped out at 1100/6000 but others never capped, others capped lower. Is this a bug or will they reset the rep like the did with xp? Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyshifty View Post
    I couldn't find an answer to this question, so here is a good as place as any I hope. Is there a guild reputation cap as well? (Not guild xp, personal reputation with guild). Mine capped out at 1100/6000 but others never capped, others capped lower. Is this a bug or will they reset the rep like the did with xp? Thanks

I think there is a cap, cause mine capped out on friendly at 500/6000, says thats all I can get for the week in game. If I can only get 3500 rep a week... thats gunna make getting exalted painful : /
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Check me out on youtube! Playthroughs of Diablo 3, Minecraft and many other games with daily content!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmybob117 View Post
    I think there is a cap, cause mine capped out on friendly at 500/6000, says thats all I can get for the week in game. If I can only get 3500 rep a week... thats gunna make getting exalted painful : /
    The worst is the weekly cap seems to be bugged. Me and few others ended at 849/3000 yesterday while others ended around 2500/3000-ish. That was stupid enough but fair enough, shit happens. Problem is, the weekly cap reset seems to be bugged too, I logged in the morning today to do just cooking/fishing dailies and still got spammed I'd reached the weekly limit, while my fellow guildies were happy to gaining rep past honored (as they should have as the weekly reset I assume is on Wednesday as are raids/weekly quests's resets). I soo hope they'll fix this soon as it's really annoying (not to mention guild reputation/xp was quite a lot tested in beta so one would assume such bugs would be fixed before live).