Thread: North Korea

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The reason for the recommendation in Haliburton is that regardless of the escalation of conflict, even a build up towards conflict would require infrastructure improvements on both sides. Now while Haliburton does tend towards a US/Nato allegience, it wouldn't be out of sorts for them to have a profit making subsideary that could work in North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    You do realise that North Korea isn't a (proper) democracy, right? So the citizens of NK can't be blamed for the aggresion of the NK government. So why wouldn't they try to give aid to NK civilians?
    A lot of the aid doesn't go to the citizens. So they're starving whether or not other countries send aid. I'm not saying they should stop giving aid completely but this is how things are unfortunately, it can't go on forever. Somebody has to put their foot down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    what do you think is gonna happen?
    Hmm, at first I thought a war....but now nothing.

North Korea was just trying to get attention.

As far as M.A.D goes... not going to happen, at least not in the way some people would think it would.

The DPRK’s nuclear capabilities are paltry in comparison to just about everyone else’s and, as far as I am aware, they don't even have the systems needed to deliver such payloads with any amount of accuracy or reliability.

As far as nuclear usage goes, the most we would have to worry about would be landmine style on their own turf. Still devastating but not really M.A.D.

As far as the US and China getting in fight as a result of a conflict between the DPRK and the ROK, also not going to happen.

China had little in the way of confidence of using the DPRK as a buffer state to begin with. Considering all the rot that the DPRK has been pulling, they no longer have any confidence in them, the most that’s likely to happen is China moving troops to the border to prevent the mass influx of refugees that would be heading their way as a result of war.

If I recall correctly, one Chinese diplomat stated along something like “The DPRK? Fuck those guys; we’d be better off with the ROK in charge of the region rather than those idiots.” Or something to that effect.

They might attempt to do something with the islands that they’ve been eyeing for a while now, but that’s still a big if.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    China and North Korea both know that if they allow this to escalate, the US will get directly involved beyond telling China to take control of its dog. They know they can't afford to let that happen.
    China is not afraid of the US, but they also arent stupid enough to support the DPRK in the event of war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    You do realise that North Korea isn't a (proper) democracy, right? So the citizens of NK can't be blamed for the aggresion of the NK government. So why wouldn't they try to give aid to NK civilians?

There is the obvious problem that NK people are brainwashed by their government, but it's still not their fault that they worship their government, they only do that because that's all they know.
    1. The aid probably wouldn't get to them

2. If it does, then what reason would the people have to want political reform? when the people starve they get angry, when they get angry they want to take it out on someone and makes them more like to A. start a revolution and B. Welcome help from outside sources.

Think of it like a Castle siege, if you starve them the eventually they will either die or be forced to surrender by the weaker no military people.

This is not the first time North Korea has made a fuss in order to get compensation from the UN.
    This is not the first time it has worked either.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

theyre like a toddler with an assault rifle. they go off whenever they feel like it and dont care about the consequences. Also a certain North Korean dictator needs a a certain small cylinder shaped object launched at high velocity out of an exploding launcher of some sorts.

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

10+ Year Old Account
    North Korea are showing (trying) muscles. Epeen value of the world countries atm is measured by how much mass destruction weapons you got, and how fast you can use them. This reminds me a bit of The Cold War, and the "Arms race".
    Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

A war would be nice to unite the two Koreas, not under North Korean rule hopefully. And if the US were to join in, it may actually help the recession we are in (remember The Great Depression + WWII).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

it's a dog fight, all depend on the owners of the dogs.

i wonder if kim jong ill plays wow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma88 View Post
    i wonder if kim jong ill plays wow?
    Blizz should make him the final villain in the next expansion ;-)

The sad thing is, that without a war, a change of the situation in that region is very unlikely. Sure, a war could end the regime of NK, but at which price. People there (the ordinary inhabitants - not the elite of that country) are among the poorest in the world. A war wouldn´t only destroy the regime, but also that little bit those people have (houses, food, etc.) Those people there starve while there is no war going on, so what will happen when a war actually begins there?
    Last edited by mmoc62e70fda8d; 2010-12-11 at 10:36 AM.

maybe a few volleys but america and china won't let the koreas go to war b/c we dont want to get dragged in and ruin our trade
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    what do you think is gonna happen?
    see homefront

no, in all seriousness. I foresee another Koren war. Eventually kim jong il, will start another war with South Korea, and since the US will be pulled into it since we are still technically at war with NK.
    Last edited by I stand in fire; 2011-02-13 at 03:03 AM.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing. Thread was necro'd from a ban evader.