Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A great series right now I'm reading, it has way to many books to count... I want to say it's around 12+ books.

Leftbehind Series

The story is a fictional idea of what might happen to the world after Jesus comes back during the rapture as foretold in the Bible. It follows two characters: Rayford Steele, an Airline Pilot and Buck Williams, a world renown journalist. The story starts In Medias Res, right before the rapture happens, these are quick and very interesting reads.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siika View Post
    So true. Best three books I've ever read. The movie, sadly, sucked hard imo.
    I want a cookie: Mountain dew, engineering gear, Mario, Moe, Bulbasaur, fishing bobber, troll-face, baby orc from DLC, Razor symbol, Cyanide and Happiness dude, lego, alien, a guy with a turban, some guy wearing pants on his head, MMO-Champion guy, WoWHead rocket, healer and tank symbols, horde symol, badger, cub scout symbol, Ashbringer, flag of Finland.
    OT: Christie Golden books for lore fanatics.

Deleted
    I'm very surprised that these 2 books have not been mentioned whatsoever:

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
    The Angel's Game (sequel) also by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Those 2, together with The Hobbit, are my favorite books of all time. Read the 2 mentioned above. I SWEAR you will not be disappointed.

Also, will read Atlas Shrugged, heard it was very good and then read here on this thread that it is, so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiverexqt View Post
    I want a cookie: Mountain dew, engineering gear, Mario, Moe, Bulbasaur, fishing bobber, troll-face, baby orc from DLC, Razor symbol, Cyanide and Happiness dude, lego, alien, a guy with a turban, some guy wearing pants on his head, MMO-Champion guy, WoWHead rocket, healer and tank symbols, horde symol, badger, cub scout symbol, Ashbringer, flag of Finland.
    OT: Christie Golden books for lore fanatics.
    I have no f'n idea what you mean off-topic, but as for lore books, all I have read have been impressing, not only Christie Golden's.

The Mortal Instruments series (City of Bones, City of Ash and City of Glass) is amazing, I got them for christmas and I absolutely love it!

I read the Mortal Instrument series as well. Way better than Twilight series. Author actually puts some thought into her writing. Just finished reading the Clockwork Angel as well. Definitely a must read. You don't need to read CA before the MI books even tho its set in the past.

Deleted
    Skipped to the last page just to chip in my recommendations!

The Malazan Book of the Fallen - Steven Erikson. Nothing short of amazing, as a series probably the best books i've read... The depth is actually pretty insane.

Drenai Tales - David Gemmel. While these books are a series they are not a chronological series, you just learn more about the world and the characters/lore the more you read. Still amazing books and the first one, Legend, is probably my favourite book i've read to to this date.

Just finished reading:
    Life, from Keith Richards.
    I am Ozzy, from Ozzy Osbourne.

Both are biographies. Life is a more "serious" one, and besides talking about Keith's life, gives a nice view from the music scene in the 60s~70s.
    I am Ozzy is the funny one. Seriously, i laughed my ass off in some parts.

The Night Angel Trilogy - Brent Weeks
    This series is absolutely amazing!

A Song of Ice and Fire - George R.R. Martin
    An awesome series amazing characters.

The Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
    The books are awesome, but the movies don't do it justice.

A Dirty Job and Lamb - Christopher Moore
    He is a hilarious writer. Laughed cover to cover.

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
    by Michael Scott

Slaughterhouse 5 is the best book I've ever read. Not something for small children, but I highly recommend it if you like thinking.

ugh, had a long post all written up and was about to hit the button to put it here, but then my internet decided to die. so because i've lost all the motivation i had for it, here's the abridged version with nothing but the title and the author.

The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
    A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
    The Road - Cormac McCarthy
    Swan Song - Robert McCammon
    The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant Stephen R. Donaldson
    Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand

I love this thread, probably going to read several of these books.
    I would suggest reading some of James Clavell's Asian Saga, I enjoyed it a lot. I would recommend starting with Shogun and moving your way up through the years in order, as he references to previous characters/has several cameos.
    Also, I really enjoyed James Rollins' novels, although not so much his SIGMA Force series.

I recently picked up the Ender's Game series. I know they won't be as good as the first book, but that book is one of the best books of all time. It's kinda hard not continuing the story, even if it isn't as good as the first =)

10+ Year Old Account
    more books!

anything and everything by Haruki Murakami (I'd leave Windup Bird Chronicle for last, as it's probably his best book but hey, that's just me)

the Sea of Fertility books by Yukio Mishima. a true legend of Japanese literature, his Sea of Fertility..quadrilogy? (is there a word for a four book series?) is a billiant insight into Japanese history (the books start in 1912, and continue through to 1975, which gaps inbetween books), and the change to a more 'Western' style of life, you can see Yukio's gradual hatred for his country(as well as a hefty dose of hatred for himself) growing as the series progresses, so much so that once the forth book was finished, he attempted a coup d'etat which failed, and he commited suicide as a result (although many think the Coup was just a reason, and the suicide was planned long in advance)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    The Riftwar Saga and The Serpentwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist.
    Phantoms by Dean Koontz.
    Please Kill Me, The Uncensored Oral History of Punk by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabloss View Post
    Everyone should read 1984 and gain a healthy paranoia
    Paranoia happens when you think someone or something is messing with you etc.

We all know our government is f$%king us every day.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

kurt vonnegut ~ cats craddle.

cocca puffs ~ the back side of the box.

Instead of listing individual books or series I'll give you a list of good authors I've enjoyed:

C.J. Cherryh (Chanur Saga in particular)
    Orson Scott Card (ships of earth and foundation series)
    Ben Bova
    Gregory Bear
    Patricia Kennealy (Keltiad (aka Celts in space)
    George R. R. Martin (Game of thrones series)
    David Brin (Kiln People was good cyberpunk)

Deleted
    alot of replys here, i didnt read them all

a few things i'd recommend:
    The Master and Margarita (Russian: Ма́стер и Маргари́та) - Mikhail Bulgakov. (seriosuly epic imo)
    Rant: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey - Chuck Palahniuk
    Choke - Chuck Palahniuk
    The Dark Materials series, ( Northen Lights, The Subtle Knife, & The Amber Spyglass) - Philip Pullman
    The Vampire LeStat - Anne Rice (many of her other works are also good if you like vampires etc)
    Misery - Stephen King
    anything by Phillip K Dick (genius)
    also the wow books are pretty nice if you like the lore of the game, personally i prefer Knaak