Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Been running Heroics as Disc and mana is definitly an issue. So I'm sticking to Inner Will for the time being till it's starts being less of an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got Inner Will and I am switching between the two in dungeons. On bosses where I know mana will be less of an issue I'm using Inner Fire, for everything else I use Inner Will.
    Made a nice cast sequence macro for it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Inner will doesn't proc the 6 % less dmg taken to group buff.. for some reason. I am sincerely hoping that is a bug.

With that said, Inner Will is useless for me thus I go for inner fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Inner will doesn't proc the 6 % less dmg taken to group buff.. for some reason. I am sincerely hoping that is a bug.
    What are you talking about?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post

With that said, Inner Will is useless for me thus I go for inner fire.
    Spell Warding is a buff caused by the talent Inner Sanctum which makes your Inner Fire also reduce spelldamage. It is not supposed to be there when you are not using Inner Fire, and it is not a group buff. So it's not bugged.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

My thoughts are that until you have a large enough mana pool to where going oom isn't as much of a concern, Inner Will is the way to go. I find myself dipping down real low all the time and Inner Will has helped negate some of those issues. What good is SP if you don't have mana to cast any heals?

Weave it. Switch whenever you need. I honestly keep Inner Will up most of the time because mana is an issue. If I am going to be tank heal spamming, I'll switch. They have their uses. Just think about the question a bit more next time, I think anyone could figure out when each is useful.

15+ Year Old Account
    At 84 (holy priest ~300ilevel 53kmana 1800spirit) i'm using inner will out of sheer terror of running out of mana. Makes renew more viable. Usually don't heal people in combat until they are at about 50% regardless of how much mana I have. I'm trying to condition myself to not heal. Its pretty scary healing so far and I've healed since about 2005 on my priest. I'm not sure if I like it or I don't. Stressful for sure. Tanks had the hard job the last couple expansions and now healers get that honor I guess.

yeah inner will sure help us to lose less mana and 10% movement speed help us to get out of the suspicious thing and start casting speed...i prefer this over inner fire for sure. =)

I use Inner Will, mana is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooo precious!!!!!

Im using Inner Will all the time.

In heroics I cast alot of renews and PoM, and to lose

Inner Fire:
    Renew 3890 mana
    PoM 3335 mana
    Holy Word: Serenity 1482 mana
    Circle of Healing 3890 Mana

Inner Will:
    Renew 3242 mana (648 mana gained)
    PoM 2779 mana (556 mana gained)
    Holy Word: Serenity 1235 mana (247 mana gained)
    Circle of Healing 3242 Mana (648 mana gained)

I'm runnig around with 2700 combat regen without any buffs at all, and I hardly use any castings at all except for Heal wich I spam on tank.
    Every DPS can get healed enough with just renew/PoM/CoH during all boss fights on heroic. And its a time race and avoidance of mechanics that's the outcome of the fight. Unless I suffer
    from almost no mana issues at all, im sticking with Inner Will.

I'm having around 30% mana left after Heroic bosses, after the use of Shadowfiend.

Still missing spirit on shoulder, wrist and hands. Maybe then I'll go back to Inner Fire, maybe.
    Our setup is Me, Pala tank, DK, Rogue, Shadowpriest. The only CC we use on trash packs are sap when there is a humanoid, else we have no CC at all. If my Renew ticks for 30 more per tick, or Heal heals for 100 more per cast is nothing that turns the tide of battle in any way, shape or form. Not for me atleast.
    Last edited by Juber; 2010-12-11 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    Lower mana cost on instant casts is great, and little more movement speed is always nice, imo it's not the more effective option against casters. 3/3 Inner Sanctum reduces spell damage taken by 6% when Inner Fire is up.
    Well, I was mainly thinking the increase in run speed would help noticeably with LoSing. And, if it's a caster fight, it may come down to a mana battle.
    But yeah, you bring up a good point, I never considered talents, just the base spells.

Deleted
    I'm holy and I use inner will most of the time. Sometimes I'll switch to inner fire when casting PoH and then back to inner will, but only if im sure I have time. It can be nice to Inner fire > renew the tank > inner will > drink > chakra:serenity > Heal the tank before engagement to get some bigger ticks rolling on the tank.

I purely run Inner Will for the reduction in mana for PoM and Renew mostly

Quote Originally Posted by Shadanzi View Post
    I'm holy and I use inner will most of the time. Sometimes I'll switch to inner fire when casting PoH and then back to inner will, but only if im sure I have time. It can be nice to Inner fire > renew the tank > inner will > drink > chakra:serenity > Heal the tank before engagement to get some bigger ticks rolling on the tank.
    You're doing it backwards.

The renew refresh will update the lower spellpower of Inner Will, so it's smaller ticks. But you spent more mana putting it up there.

To everyone else: Inner Will only saves 10% on instants, and over the course of a fight, unless you're trying to renew spam, a lot of your mana is going out through spells with a cast-time. Having stronger output does not mean it's overheal anymore, and infact can actually save you mana. Inner Fire is the stronger of the two, when you're not moving or spamming Renew (which is too expensive to spam in the first place)

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    these are instant and free of mana cost... changing them as we need them is something we should try... the only thing u would waste its a GC... so i think interchanging them would be the best way to use both of em...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    To everyone else: Inner Will only saves 10% on instants, and over the course of a fight, unless you're trying to renew spam, a lot of your mana is going out through spells with a cast-time. Having stronger output does not mean it's overheal anymore, and infact can actually save you mana. Inner Fire is the stronger of the two, when you're not moving or spamming Renew (which is too expensive to spam in the first place)
    It's a 15% mana reduction. I disagree with you on IF being stronger. With IW you're saving 648 mana on every Renew & CoH, 586 mana on PW:S, and 556 mana on PoM. Then there's Power Infusion, Lightwell, PW:Barrier, Dispel, Fade etc. That's a ton of mana saved during a course of a fight for either Holy or Disc. Mana that you may need if things go awry or you can just spend it more liberally. Dumping excess mana isn't an issue.

On the other hand, I'm not seeing a sizeable increase in my heals by having Inner Fire up. My Heal hits for about 300 more. PW:S absorbs about 300 more. It doesn't look like an even trade especially once you factor in overheal. To me, IW > IF (pve). No contest.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2010-12-12 at 01:06 AM.

Lightwell and Barrier are not reduced by Inner Will (barrier may be intended to, possibly a bug). And when you're using Renew sparingly, barely if ever touching Circle, there isn't much gain to be had by holding in Will instead of Fire, save for Dispels.

I'm glad that there is this discussion though, it means the developers did their job in making it not "one is PvX and the other is PvY" or "this spec uses armor c, and armor d is for that one"

Edit: 15%? Shows you how much I've been looking at my tooltips lately. Frak me.

Either way, I've been armor twisting just because it's free.

I've noticed its pretty easy to keep multiple renews up in heroics with Heal Chakra refresh. Would (Inner Will --> 2-4x Renew --> Inner Focus --> Heal Chakra rotations) be a pretty standard light aoe healing method? Or is the gain negligible from twisting will to focus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I just got Inner Will and I am switching between the two in dungeons. On bosses where I know mana will be less of an issue I'm using Inner Fire, for everything else I use Inner Will.
    Made a nice cast sequence macro for it.
    This, 100 times this. It's not that one is better than the other all the time. It's that you can change between the two.

For example, from an spriest perspective, Pve: inner will is good for multidotting and general mana conservation. Or on fights which require movement.
    Pvp, inner fire, fear(/whatever peel you want), inner will to gain distance while redotting, inner fire again.

Bascially it requires a little thought rather than "this one must be up at all times."