Orgrimmar Portal to Hyjal?

I've done the "go to Hyjal through Moonglade" quests from Org and I've quested a little bit in Hyjal, but in the circle of portals in Org, Hyjal still isnt activated... Just wondering, how the hell do you get it to activate? I've heard that you need to do the quest for Twilight Highlands to get both the TwiHi portal and Hyjal portal to activate, while I've also heard that just questing more in Hyjal should do it...

Anyone know the real answer?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by writhe666 View Post
    I've done the "go to Hyjal through Moonglade" quests from Org and I've quested a little bit in Hyjal, but in the circle of portals in Org, Hyjal still isnt activated... Just wondering, how the hell do you get it to activate? I've heard that you need to do the quest for Twilight Highlands to get both the TwiHi portal and Hyjal portal to activate, while I've also heard that just questing more in Hyjal should do it...

Anyone know the real answer?
    I've gotten the Hyjal quest achievement, which I haven't gotten for Vashj'ir (cause you can't) or Deepholm (cause I only did like 1/3 of the quests there), but I have portals to both of those places.

I would also like to know why it is not showing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling that it is a bug. I would open a ticket regarding it, and hopefully it will be fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    It showed up once I got the portal to Twilight Highlands, or they might have hotfixed it around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythagoreant View Post
    I've gotten the Hyjal quest achievement, which I haven't gotten for Vashj'ir (cause you can't) or Deepholm (cause I only did like 1/3 of the quests there), but I have portals to both of those places.

I would also like to know why it is not showing up.
    You are incorrect. I have got the Vashj'ir achievement so have my guildmates.

Like others have said the portal didn't appear for me until I got the Twilight Highlands one.

Yes it sounds most definately like a bug. Once you have completed the Warchiefs board quest, it should open up the portal for you to be able to travel from Org to your desired location.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a portal to Hyjal......i guess Im one of the lucky ones?
    Warrior For Life

I've been having the same problem with the hyjal portal in SW

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Perhaps you might enlighten us then? Where did you find the "missing" quests, since me and several others have completed every single quest in that zone and still not been able to get the achievement done. Stuck at 117 / 140 quests. Where is the missing questgiver at?
    I can't really recall where it is. But there are several quest chains that start from items dropped from mobs.

Hyjal portal show up at the same time as the Twilight Highlands (TwiHi) one appears (in org) in the portal area after you complete the first series of quests in Twilight Highlands. Takes about 15-20 quests in TwiHi and some quests back in Org before the two portal(s) appears in the city.

So you get to TwiHi, do the city (Highbank) quests, get to the quest where you fly on a zep (cut scene) and do some quests at the Dragonmaw Port where the cut scene ends.

About 6-8 quests later in Dragonmaw you get a quest to collect some stones for the portal.

That turn in energizes the portal in TwiHi. You go back to Org and Hellscream has a couple more quest in Org for you. The completion of that small chain turns on the two portals in Org for TwiHi / Hyjal.

Note that you need to be 84 ( I think that's right) to get the Warchief quest to get to TwiHi by a start in Azshara. I'm guessing you could go direct to Twilight Highlands, Highbank city and start, but I didn't try and don't know if you can pick up the quest lines there. You have to kill various lvl 84s to get the portal which probably isn't too hard if you really want the portals.

I'd guess there is a similar path for alliance in Stormwind for these two portals.