Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Official [Insane in the Membrane] discussion thread!

I'm making this thread for all you Insane grinders out there!

Let's put all discussion, ideas, questions and statistics in this thread.
    I'll try to compile all the good info in the OP.

Steamweedle Cartel

Rep gains:
    All mobs yield 5 rep for their main opposing faction, and 2,5 in spillover to the others.
    The faction that gets 5 rep is the Goblin town closest to the point you're grinding.
    At 11999/12000 , you stop gaining rep for the main faction, but the spillover stays.

Numbers based on grinding south of Lost Rigger Cove in Tanaris.
    If you grind in Northern Barrens, swap Gadgetzan and Ratchet.

Hated --> Hostile (36000 rep)
    Gadgetzan: You need 36000/5 mobs. This equals out to 7200 mobs.
    Everlook, Ratchet and Booty Bay: You need 36000/2,5 mobs. This equals out to 14400 mobs.

Hostile --> Unfriendly (3000 rep)
    Gadgetzan: You need 3000/5 mobs. This equals out to 600 mobs.
    Everlook, Ratchet and Booty Bay: You need 3000/2,5 mobs. This equals out to 1200 mobs.

Unfriendly --> Neutral (3000 rep)
    Same as above

Neutral --> Friendly (3000 rep)
    Same as two above

Friendly --> Honored (6000 rep)
    Gadgetzan: You need 6000/5 mobs. This equals out to 1200 mobs.
    Everlook, Ratchet and Booty Bay: You need 6000/2,5 mobs. This equals out to 2400 mobs.

Honored --> Revered (12000 rep)
    Gadgetzan: You need 12000/5 mobs. This equals out to 2400 mobs. (Rep gaining stops at 11999/12000 honored in Tanaris)
    Everlook, Ratchet and Booty Bay: You need 12000/2,5 mobs. This equals out to 4800 mobs. (Rep gaining stops at 11999/12000 honored in Northern Barrens)

Revered --> Exalted (21000 rep)
    Gadgetzan: You need 21000/2,5 mobs. This equals out to 8400 mobs. (Needs to be grinded in Northern Barrens)
    Everlook, Ratchet and Booty Bay: You need 21000/2,5 mobs. This equals out to 8400 mobs.

When you stop gaining rep for Gadgetzan, your standings will be:
    12600 mobs killed.
    Gadgetzan: 11999/12000 Honored
    Everlook, Ratchet and Booty Bay: 31500/36000 Hated

Captain Dreadbeard does not provide any rep, so there is no need wasting the time to kill him. He's standing on the North ship.
    However, there is a rare spawn mob Andre Firebeard (which some of you might remember from Pre-Cata) who spawns on the south ship.
    He seems to be on a 3-4 hour spawn timer, and yields 25 rep per kill. It won't affect the rate that you gain rep much because of the spawn timer.
    But it's worth knowing, as it's not a long walk to check it.

Since you're revered with Gadgetzan, you can now do some quests for them. The rep awarded doesn't hurt your Bloodsail standing.
    Here's a list of quests granting rep: (Alliance perspective)
    A Few Good Goblins (250 rep)
    A Fool's Errand (500 rep)
    A Great Idea (250 rep)
    Bisterpaw Butchery (250 rep, Gadgetzan)
    Butcherbot (250 rep, Gadgetzan)
    Chicken of the Desert (250 rep)
    Cutting Losses (250 rep)
    Gargantapid (250 rep)
    I'm With Scorpid (250 rep, Gadgetzan)
    Just trying to kill some bugs (350 rep)
    Scavengers Scavenged (250 rep, Gadgetzan)
    Breaking and Entering (500 rep in Zul'Farrak)
    It adds up to 3600 rep with Gadgetzan and 3300 with the others.

If you do these quests, you end up at:
    Gadgetzan: 3599/21000 Revered
    Everlook, Ratchet and Booty Bay: 34800/36000 Hated

Head over to Northern Barrens and go to where the pirate camps used to be on the shore. Right off the shore, you find Fray Island.
    Here you grind the last 17400 rep needed with Gadgetzan. Seeing you'll just get 2,5 rep, you'll need to kill 6950 mobs.
    However, there is a mob giving 25/12,5 rep per kill in the big house called Cap'n Garvey. So you probably don't need to kill 6950 mobs.
    If you are picky and want 999/1000 exalted, you need to kill 200 mobs extra.
    If you did/will do this, add 1000 rep to Gadgetzan, Everlook and Booty Bay from now on.

After getting Exalted with Gadgetzan, the rep standings are like this:
    Gadgetzan: 2/1000 Exalted
    Ratchet: 11999/12000 Honored
    Booty Bay, Everlook: 1100/12000 Honored

Now head down to Tanaris again, and grind mobs at Lost Rigger Cove.
    You still need 12760 more mobs. Grind it out, and then you're exalted with Steamweedle. Congratulations!

If my math is flawed, let me know!
    Last edited by kakefarmer; 2010-12-08 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Organizing the post
    Summergale 85 Paladin - Holy/Prot dual specced.
    The Insane Progress:
    Steamweedle: Exalted (done: 999/1000)
    Bloodsail: Honored (done: 1618/12000)
    Darkmoon: Friendly (in progress: 275/6000)
    Ravenholdt: Revered (in progres: 4000/21000)

10+ Year Old Account
    Tip for those just starting this. If you are close to exalted with the gob reps do not destroy your reputation. Get them to exalted 1st and then do Bloodsail. If you get Bloodsail and want to get back up with Goblins you CAN do the qsts and cloth turn ins that destroy your Bloodsail rep and still get the achievement. As long as you have gotten the required rep at some point that part of the achievement is done.

This has been speculated a lot so I messaged a GM and he confirmed.

Are there even pirates in Tanaris anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah :P The things a write in the OP is all Post-Cata.
    The Insane Progress:

Some additional post 4.03a info (not in game atm or I'd verify and list speific names), you can also grind rep in Tanaris off the Wasteland Scavenger npcs (name might be off but they also drop the water pouches), I did get rep off them = to killing pirates. Not all priates in Tanaris give rep, specifically the ones being blasted by cannons in the northeast part of the zone. Thousand Needles pirates I couldn't find any that gave rep. In Stranglethorn Vale, I was getting rep for Booty Bay + spillover for Venture Co. npcs, with no Bloodsail loss. And in Grizzly Hills, at Venture Bay? (the lighthouse area for pvp) the Venture Co. Evacuees did not give rep, but the Venture Co. Stragglers did. I might have those last two backwards.
    Last edited by Furbiscuit; 2010-12-10 at 01:14 AM. Reason: spelling

Darkmoon Faire is in January, so I'm farming up my Cata herbs to have some of the new decks ready to hand in - obviously this is the one where you'll make the most money off of the decks, so I'm really working hard to make sure - I imagine that I'll not only complete the rep, but actually make more money than I spent (including time farming) on these decks. If you've got Darkmoon Faire to do, definitely try and get Cataclysm decks going asap.

So in order to get the STV Achievement, I need to do all the Booty Bay quests relating to the Bloodsail, and then destroy my rep, correct? As well, BB Bruisers now give rep all the way through exalted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if i'm following here. are you talking about the quest ach i STV?
    The Insane Progress:

Has there been any confirmation of being able to grind to exalted with Bloodsail on Booty Bay goblins, and not by just farming Jazzrik? I would test it myself but I am busy with finals and leaving the country in a few days.
    Bleep blorp: I'm a robot.
    last.fm | armory

Jazzrik is gone and there was a blue a few weeks ago about grinding exalted on Booty Bay Bruisers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily i got the BB rep first, so i will rise my goblin rep through quest and grinding

i got my shen'dralar rep first(shortly after, they removed it from the achivement T-T), then did the bloodsails and still working to get out of hated from the gob fractions...but thanks to guild perks it can go a little faster. also, having 2 instead of 1 camp of pirates with cata helps too.

Didnt they remove this achievment?:O

No, just took out Shen'Dralar or however ya spell it

QQ they nerfed it... QQ But seriousy good luck guys and I have found it is still very easy for all but bloodail.
    Last edited by Aabrahm; 2010-12-25 at 07:48 AM. Reason: not qqing at others

people are saying it got "nerfed" but well, honestly... it didn't get nerfed as much as people are saying. because think about it, getting goblin rep has become harder. seeing as the godmode ratchet goblins are gone. thankfully i had already finished pre-cata, but yeah.

however, i don't have proof to back up my post, seeing as i haven't researched if there is a new replacement to the ratchet gobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willing View Post
    people are saying it got "nerfed" but well, honestly... it didn't get nerfed as much as people are saying
    Did you grind Shen to exalted? If you did then your point is valid and I'll step away but if not then you really have no idea. Grinding shen was the only "hard" part of this achievement - it wasn't just time consuming but had horrible RNG factors also.

Will this grind decrease bloodsail rep? and what should I do to have both bloodsail and steamwheedle exalted?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Tip for those just starting this. If you are close to exalted with the gob reps do not destroy your reputation. Get them to exalted 1st and then do Bloodsail. If you get Bloodsail and want to get back up with Goblins you CAN do the qsts and cloth turn ins that destroy your Bloodsail rep and still get the achievement. As long as you have gotten the required rep at some point that part of the achievement is done.

This has been speculated a lot so I messaged a GM and he confirmed.
    hmm, i messaged a GM with the same question whether i should bother trying to restore goblin rep while keeping bloodsail and they said yes, i should, which is precisely why the achievement was so hard to get...
    idk though it was before cata...has it changed or do we have some incongruencies?