Thread: The Lions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I live in Detroit, and I actually have really high hopes for the next season, I really think they are pulling it together and with any luck we can have a good season.

I clicked on this link from the front page hoping it was going to be about real Lions.
    Or maybe another LionKing movie.

I'm disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    I clicked on this link from the front page hoping it was going to be about real Lions.
    Or maybe another LionKing movie.

I'm disapointed.
    this made me /lol

OT: I have been a lions fan since the sanders years, and although I may be a homer for them for that reason, I still rep them day in and day out (while still living in DC and being a skins fan and toting that my lions have beat the skins 2 years running now!) and I will continue to fight for them.

I like the way the lions are headed and once we can get the monkey off our back of being the scapegoat for miscellaneous fouls and shit we will be a true contender. I feel the conspiracy is that because the lions have been labeled as such a shitty team that no one really looks the other way when they hand out flags like candy to us. The thought of "they are bad anyways, so who cares" is a dreadful shadow and once we break that mold we can truly evolve into a winning team, a winning franchise and hopefully (in the next couple of years or more) bring home a ring.

I love the lions and will continue to love them, I love the way things are moving and when we are soon on the top I will looking at all the naysayers and just relishing that moment.

call me delusional, call me out of my mind, I've heard it all before but I am still here.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is fans like you that truly deserve the wins sir. My buddy (Vikings fan) and I typically hang out and if we see people who wear Pats/Saints/Steelers/previous SB winners gear, then we stop and ask them different questions about the teams such as to a Saints fan: "Name one quarterback that played for the Saints before Drew Brees." When they don't answer, or don't answer correctly, we see them as bandwagoners.
    If we see someone in a Lions/Bills/Browns/other bad teams we start up conversations, because we know that they are real fans of the teams. Also, becoming a fan of the team due to a player isn't all that wrong, unless said person only became a fan due to the sudden amazingness of the player. For example, I like Miles Austin, I was hoping that he wouldn't have a breakout season so that the Ravens could've picked him up for next to nothing, I liked him because he reminded me of Hines Ward with less catches, he plants some devastating blocks, yet if you ask people in his jersey when he was drafted, as well as where he played college ball, I doubt they could answer.
    Oh and, delusional? Naaa, no real fan is absolutely delusional, there will be that time eventually, maybe not in the fan's lifetime, (poor Red Sox fans, as well as the entire city of Cleveland) but it will happen someday!
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They were so close so many times this year, and they were on a four game winning streak at the end of the season. Next year is going to be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    It is fans like you that truly deserve the wins sir. My buddy (Vikings fan) and I typically hang out and if we see people who wear Pats/Saints/Steelers/previous SB winners gear, then we stop and ask them different questions about the teams such as to a Saints fan: "Name one quarterback that played for the Saints before Drew Brees." When they don't answer, or don't answer correctly, we see them as bandwagoners.
    When I read that, I tried to think of former Saints QB. First one that came to mind was Jim "Dont call me Chris" Everett. What a stud he was!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    When I read that, I tried to think of former Saints QB. First one that came to mind was Jim "Dont call me Chris" Everett. What a stud he was!
    You're good then. Him, Aaron Brooks and Archie Manning are the main ones that my buddy and I can thing of, not a fan of the Saints, but if someone gives a remote guess that sounds close to someone, we'll count it good hehe.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!