Thread: Fire orb use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    It gains damage from Mana Adept, not the Arcane Specialization.
    I was hoping it would be both, but that'll due, it's still useful. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmon View Post
    I recall reading somewhere, (possibly a Lhivera post on the wow forums)...
    Found it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937068#2
    ...and I did read it wrong.
    It's good that they made it useful, although to different degrees, for all 3 specs; fire benefits most for obvious reasons, then frost with the talent to make it frosty, and lastly arcane with the mastery working on all damage types. I still wish they did something more with ranged AoE for arcane though. I'd like to see something like Overload from the Arcane Protector guys at the top of the stairs before The Curator in Karazhan... Fond memories of saying "You're the bomb GTFO" whenever they cast it on someone in the raid. A unit-targeted ranged AoE like that would fit arcane nicely. Oh well, one orb per minute is better than nothing.

Deleted
    It's amazing as frost as it spams slow on targets and triggers fings of frost (don't kill me if im wrong there:P) and also does pretty decent damage over 15s.

But ring of frost seems kinda useless. At first I was under the impression that it worked like deep freeze and wouldn't break on damage but as it is now, I can't see any use for it at all in PvE and even for PvP, it seems kind of gimmicky.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    It's amazing as frost as it spams slow on targets and triggers fings of frost (don't kill me if im wrong there:P) and also does pretty decent damage over 15s.

But ring of frost seems kinda useless. At first I was under the impression that it worked like deep freeze and wouldn't break on damage but as it is now, I can't see any use for it at all in PvE and even for PvP, it seems kind of gimmicky.
    It saved my ass in PvE.

If you pull too many mobs, pop RoF and you get a 10 second breathing room.

And in PvP it's really good.

-It can be used offensively to set up a shatter combo (RoF counts as a frozen target).
    -It can be used defensively to CC someone for 10 seconds.

It can also be used to trap someone. If you manage to catch someone in a RoF, they can'n really move so they either get frozen or they become a sitting duck. You can also use it to protect yourself or a friendly target by casting RoF around that person so that melee can't reach him.

A healer or DPS who's free from melee dps for 10 seconds is really nice to have.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I use ring of frost just because it's beautiful <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our mage kept throwing fire orbs as we ran today and I spent the longest time wondering why every single boss had a laser beam effect that was unreported.

Deleted
    start fight with a pyroblast, living bomb. then comb then fire orb. will put over 8 right away, otherwise use it when it comes off cooldown everytime

Love this as frost (as shitty and dumb as they are). Procs ice lance around 5-6 times every time I use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jancro View Post
    Has anyone found a good use for Fire orb? :O

I can't seem to find any "idea" situations where i'd use Fire orb, it seems like a "Set it and forget it" kind of spell.
    I actually use Fire Orb lots of times. On trash, on the boss. Never pulls unwanted aggro either and its compliments fire nicely.

Right now I have found it VERY useful for tagging mobs in all the busy zones while leveling. This way I can get all the mobs tagged before some damn druid dive bombs in and steals them. =P
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." ~William Faulkner
    "Ever look at the word 'Damage'? - It is clearly right in front of you...DA MAGE!"