Question Useful yellow gems?

Are there any classes that benefit from gemming pure yellow gems at all? Haste/Mastery/Critical Strike Rating/Dodge Rating.

Thank you,

Edit: I realize this might be the wrong place to ask, but I am asking from a Profession-perspective. Is it worth getting yellow gem recipes over the popular red ones?
    Last edited by Mechanics; 2010-12-09 at 10:03 PM.

All those seem useful, especially the haste or mastery ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldeice View Post
    All those seem useful, especially the haste or mastery ones.
    Could you elaborate a little further? I am not really aware of any classes or trees that might benefit more from said yellow gems than red gems in general. Could you point out anyone in particular?

I think with the ability to reforge, and better socket bonuses, people are going to find a benefit in using split-color gems to get socket bonuses, and then be able to reforge stats to make up for any possible losses in "necessary" stats. I would personally suggest getting split gems with attractive stats, but I have no real math to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cybermind View Post
    I think with the ability to reforge, and better socket bonuses, people are going to find a benefit in using split-color gems to get socket bonuses, and then be able to reforge stats to make up for any possible losses in "necessary" stats. I would personally suggest getting split gems with attractive stats, but I have no real math to back it up.
    This. The socket bonuses seem to be a lot more attractive. Being able to put an (for example) Int/Mastery in a yellow socket to pick up a socket bonus and then reforging other stats could prove very useful.

To Answer your question, Im not sure there is a reason to get a straight yellow gem, but the oranges and greens will likely sell fairly well (Stam + Mastery, tanking yum for yellow sockets)

Thing is, on my realm, Amberjewels have dropped to really low prices, especially compared to similar blue-value gems like Inferno Ruby. Basically, this is likely a direct result of no-one picking up recipes for Amberjewels and so there are basically no-one cutting these gems, hence no-one really buy them. In that sense, I was wondering whether it is because the yellow gem recipes are inferior to the red-gem recipes or as cybermind points out, split gem-recipes, or simply because no-one have picked up the recipes yet.

There would be some cases that the socket bonus is useful, but there are also a lot of times where it's just better to skip it. DK gemming, at least for dw frost, has been back and forth the last 3 patches :P

Then again, this is probably similar for most classes.