Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekanikos View Post
    I'm max level Alchemist...
    this does not bode well for us...

just wondering, can you CHOSE what you get in archaeology? or is it random as well? I heard that if you get something, you can't get it again until youve discovered the rest of that race's artifacts, eg. if you discover the jar, but the recipe doesn't drop, can you get another jar, or do you need to find the rest of the tolvir stuff first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    this does not bode well for us...

just wondering, can you CHOSE what you get in archaeology? or is it random as well? I heard that if you get something, you can't get it again until youve discovered the rest of that race's artifacts, eg. if you discover the jar, but the recipe doesn't drop, can you get another jar, or do you need to find the rest of the tolvir stuff first?
    No, you can't choose what you get. Once you start an artifact you have to finish it to clear it and then you randomly get assigned another one. I have gotten multiple copies of night elf artifacts in a row without having discovered other items. I'm going to assume at this point it's RNG on the artifact you discover.

I hit max Arch a little while ago, now I have to get lucky on the Uldum digs.
    Last edited by Mekanikos; 2010-12-10 at 11:36 PM.
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekanikos View Post
    No, you can't choose what you get. Once you start an artifact you have to finish it to clear it and then you randomly get assigned another one. I have gotten multiple copies of night elf artifacts in a row without having discovered other items. I'm going to assume at this point it's RNG on the artifact you discover.
    bugger, so it's an RNG drop in an RNG container in an RNG digsite...
    oh god, it's TLproto drake again

actually, it's more like TL PD but if it had a low chance to drop a container with a chance to hold the recipe... this WILL be fun

I was thinking the same, it may also be a smart drop like jeeves, where you needed 450 engineering for it to drop, we may need 525 alchemy for the recipe to drop.
    I got the Jeeves schematic on my rogue a month ago before i got 450 in engineering just yesterday. Did they change it or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tekkitan View Post
    I got the Jeeves schematic on my rogue a month ago before i got 450 in engineering just yesterday. Did they change it or something?
    I thought it was 450, guess it must just be GMengi or maybe just engi?

Deleted
    Does anyone else think it's absurd that this recipe is not Bind to Account?

I did not enjoy leveling Archaeology too much, but I'm sure some people did. But asking me to level it all the way to 525 on my Alchemist again just makes me cringe.

Changing it from Bind on Pickup to Bind on Account should make no difference whatso ever, right? Either way, I'm not going to bother with archaeology on my druid until I'm done with my warrior(completionist character). Which could take a very long time in itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadali View Post

I did not enjoy leveling Archaeology too much, but I'm sure some people did. But asking me to level it all the way to 525 on my Alchemist again just makes me cringe.

Changing it from Bind on Pickup to Bind on Account should make no difference whatso ever, right? Either way, I'm not going to bother with archaeology on my druid until I'm done with my warrior(completionist character). Which could take a very long time in itself.
    EXACTLY the same position I'm in. My mage is currently 395/450 in Archaeology as the portals made the initial dig site hunting bearable. Now my pally's got to catch up as he is my alchemist

Then again, everything we do in this game is a grind that keeps us playing ..........

10+ Year Old Account

Not really. It's obvious they want this to be somewhat rare, and to be fair, the recipe falls under the same exact rules that every other recent random recipe falls under: you need to be that profession to see it to be able to loot it.

/I actually enjoyed leveling archaeology.
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

Deleted
    Under that logic Zin'rokh and Staff of Ammunae should both be BoP. Can't have people using their epic weapons on more than one character now can we?

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the screen shot to confirm this. GM 1, me 0 lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Under that logic Zin'rokh and Staff of Ammunae should both be BoP. Can't have people using their epic weapons on more than one character now can we?
    BoA gear already exists, BoA recipes do not. If they make an exception for this, then it will set a precedence and people will keep trying to get them to apply this to the other BoP recipes and the exception would become the rule.
    Last edited by Mekanikos; 2010-12-11 at 02:08 AM.
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

Deleted
    Oh well, obviously you've thought this through completely. If they remove invonvenience from a secondary profession the sky will fall.

Blizzard can control their game. If they've made an exception for epic weapons the same can happen for one scroll.

15+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense to me that it is BoP because it makes it somewhat RPish.
    You as an alchemist are out in the wild looking for artifacts and you
    discover the secret scroll that teaches you how to make the dragon
    potion..or something like that. I don't RP so I am just guessing what
    RP really is. If it was boa then people would be twinking their alts
    with it. They would say "Yea I found this potion on my hunter lol",
    which makes it more trivial.

10+ Year Old Account
    my alchemy/ archeologist toon has a new reason to visit old zones n level that up

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebald View Post
    Only problem is that you can't have a feat of strength that only alchemist could get...
    Except you can. That's the whole point of the FoS category. Duh.

Me with alchemy 525 and archaeology 525 just opened a canopic jar and it only had the Mummified organs in them.
    It isnt a guarenteed drop if you have both profs maxxed

I was thinking the same, it may also be a smart drop like jeeves, where you needed 450 engineering for it to drop, we may need 525 alchemy for the recipe to drop.
    You didnt need 450 engi to get the recipe drop for Jeeves. Also, as everyone can get archeology the Vial one could be a boe? (Reciep, not the actual mount ofc).
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Except you can. That's the whole point of the FoS category. Duh.
    Indeed, there are Feats of Strength which can only be obtained by specific classes, while everyone has the ability to level Alchemy.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    You didnt need 450 engi to get the recipe drop for Jeeves. Also, as everyone can get archeology the Vial one could be a boe? (Reciep, not the actual mount ofc).
    nope, the recipe's BoP