Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    No I won't I will get the recipe through archaeology and if it's the last thing I'll ever do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3rd3vil View Post
    No I won't I will get the recipe through archaeology and if it's the last thing I'll ever do!
    Why? You've already decided that you'll never make the mount since the vendor materials cost more then you're willing to pay.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Niroth View Post
    What will limit the number that we will see of this mount is the fact that the vendor mats cost 29000G, a sum that won't change over time.
    that's not completely true, goblins get a discount so through them the vendor mats are 23.2k, and eventually people will get the guild rank lvl 24 discount for vendors, i've heard about those stacking too so it might even go cheaper than 23.2k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterkrazzy View Post
    that's not completely true, goblins get a discount so through them the vendor mats are 23.2k, and eventually people will get the guild rank lvl 24 discount for vendors, i've heard about those stacking too so it might even go cheaper than 23.2k
    Ok that is correct. So Goblins and / or the guild rank 24 perk will make them cheaper. But the regular price is still 29000G. Looking at the Engineering mounts I would be surprised if Blizzard would lower the prices for the vendor mats by default.

"Also, check our forum guidelines. This is covered as "Activites considered illegal by Blizzard"

...wait what?

I'm confused.

First Canopic Jar opened, no recipe.

Deleted
    Why? I just don't want to buy the recipe or the canopic jar with the recipe for 20k and then buy the mats for 30k! One time 30k and that's it! Now where the hell is that next canopic jar

Just discovered the stupid scarabs....100 minutes wait time! Legendary....

Two canopic jars, one ring (that is utterly useless to me, since I have no casters at 85) and two thousand odd night elf fragments.

Retarded system. Should at least guarantee a Tol'vir site at 525 archaeology, if not always then at least every other site (clear a tol'vir site, clear a non-tol'vir, forces a tol'vir to spawn if there isn't one).

If there was at least the chance of getting something I could use on my hunter (archaeologist), rogue or feral druid, it might be less totally re-fucking-diculous.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I've been farming for days straight now, no luck. I get tons of Night elf stuff. Maybe once every hour I get a tol'vir digsite. My first artifact was a jar (without the recipe, of course) and I was thinking "this might not take that long after all". After that I only found common artifacts. Now I just started research on that stupid epic caster ring, and as the poster before me, I do not have a single char over 60 that could use it. It's slowly driving me nuts flying all over kalimdor and collecting useless Nightelf scrap just for the chance to get a digsite so I can have the chance to get a jar so I can have the chance to find the recipe in the jar. That's a lot of steps. If I could dig only in tol'vir sites and the recipe was just an even rarer drop, my morale would probably not be so low...it's maddening.

Deleted
    I got my Vial of the Sands reciped from my very first canopic jar and crafted myself the first on my server the very next day.

It was from Tol'vir fragments in Uldum. I know I must have got extremely lucky hehe /smug grin

I just crafted my second mount for someone in trade using there mats and a 20k tip, so I recommend if you do get this recipe sell it using there mats and get the gold back what you had to pay on vendor mats

Heres me looking very sexy lol

Deleted
    Now I've had 2 rare items for the tol'vir and 2 canopic jars....how great is the drop chance for the third now? 2%? 3%? ^^ It has to drop now otherwise I have to hurt myself

Deleted

Waited till 525 in alchemy and 525 in arch to solve my first tol'vir which was the canopic jar, and pow recipe.

Deleted
    Damn it yeah first canopic jar....always about luck, damn Blizzard!

Deleted
    3 commons, no jar

My luck dictates I will eventually start to get the jars but they will contain nothing but dust.

Deleted
    Now I've had 2 rare items for the tol'vir and 2 canopic jars....how great is the drop chance for the third now? 2%? 3%? ^^ It has to drop now otherwise I have to hurt myself
    if the drop chance for the first is 1%
    the drop chance for the second is 1%
    the drop chance for the Xth/rd is 1%

unless the drop chance has a memory, the chance doesn't increase. it's called the gamblers fallacy "I've lost 99 times, so this next one is a guaranteed win" of course, it's rubbish, the dice/roulette doesn't remember which ones youve had before, you could win once, you could win a million times, you could never lose! but of course, you have an equal chance of never winning EVER. the gambler's fallacy is a logical leap coming from the fear that YOU've put work in and someone's got something out of it (like in penny fall coin machines) however, this only works in systems with memories, like cards or penny fall games. WHOO GCSE STATISTICS ^_^
    (It IS possible that the canopic jar drop has a memory, but it would be a bit pointless to program in for ONE thing, most likely it is, as they say "RNG is random")

Deleted
    I thought the chance increases by digging out more and more tol'vir fragments? If not then holy shit, it's always the same ...

Deleted
    Got the Vial of the Sand's recipe from a Canopic Jar on first attempt (525 in Alchemy).

Deleted
    I thought the chance increases by digging out more and more tol'vir fragments? If not then holy shit, it's always the same ...
    same with everything, the chance NEVER increases, once 1%, always 1%
    ofc, your chance of getting it in total increases the more you get, but that's obvious, more jars = more chances to get the item, but on a jar by jar basis, it's always X%

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... I'm gonna keep my alchemy. ^^

Deleted
    What a dumb shit I get some regular things 3 times one after another but no canopic jar for the past 4 days with maybe 20 regular items! Legendary....and then when I get the canopic jar the stupid recipe isn't there....what the hell! I have to retire soon this shit is about to unman me!

---------- Post added 2010-12-22 at 03:30 PM ----------

When someone else does archaelogy is it possible for him to give me the canopic jar and the recipe might drop even though HE doesn't have alchemy?