10+ Year Old Account

Leather & Spirit (Moonkin)

so i think i missed something prior to the cataclysm release. i understand that Moonkins get 100% of there spirit turned into hit rating. but where did all the leather "Caster DPS" gear go? we don't need spirit for in-combat regen since it doesn't provide any, so we don't need spirit on every single piece of gear. i really haven't done a ton of research on raid gear coming up or even heroic 5 man gear. so i'm quite curious what other moonkins think about this, and is there a decent amount of gear with just stam/int with no spirit?

I believe they changed it so there is no leather "caster dps" gear because moonkin would be the only class to use it, I might be wrong but I think they did the same with mail caster gear.

there is still leather items with 2 secondary stats other than spirit, but the number of those drops have been reduced.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.2?fil...66:54:43:22:22

There is some with and some without, just like always. Questing there is a lot of spirit gear but if you look at the high end pieces both are available. If and when you hit cap, using a combination of hit and spirit, reforge the rest into what you need. Spirit has a theoretical limit, where regen is where the healer wants it, so non spirit/hit pieces are available to fill the gap.

Reforging is the real key. Gem and then reforge whatever you need.

The spirit is budgeted the same as hit (same with every reforgable stat) so you'll get it just as much as a clothie will get hit. They decided that leather and mail spell hit gear is a waste (only getting used by 1 spec each), so they made both spell specs in leather and mail share their gear with each other.

Thank god I thought I was going crazy... I was collecting boomkin gear for my offspec and I was like this stuff has spirit on it this isnt right...