Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm LOVING the new shadow priest, mana problems are nonexistant as long as you know how to work you priest.
    I was rolling 21k dps on halfus yesterday (10 man) in 338 equipped item level and never worried about mana.

Deleted
    hi there , doing 10k dps on static fights with some blue/hc gear.small tip : still got 4\5 t10.5 on and i wont replace it untill stats can guarantee that it's worth the replacement cause like 20 sp change and + 60-70 crit or haste simply cannot replace either (2) bonus or(4)

I tried Shadow a few times in instances, in almost full 346 gear, and my only issue seems to be that I'm constantly worrying about mana, and going OOM a lot.

-Shadowfiend on CD
    -SW: D on CD, even above 25%
    -Dispersion on CD

and I still run out of mana a lot. Why do our DoTs cost like 7-12% of our total mana? I don't hear any other DPS complaining about mana issues, while Spriest is struggling with mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Reason why you were pulling uber deeps in WotLK: Uber epic awesome gear.
    Reason why you're pulling lower deeps in Cata: Not so uber epic awesome gear.

Deleted
    true , probably numbers will be doubled with epic gear enchants and gems, in later tiers we could see some sick sizzle ... hopefuly

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with "Hold up with the whining till people start gearing up and real numbers come across." thing but...

At the moment things doesn't look good indeed.
    - Worst DPS with a harder rotation
    - OOM faster than a TBC Boomkin!
    - Need to pray to the gods of RNG to start our normal rotation.
    - Our self healing is worst than ever.
    - We are unable to AoE (yeah unable MS is FUBAR)
    - We have the worst Mastery from every single class/spec in the game.

I hope things will get in shape by the time but i think at the moment it's mandatory to re-design Mastery at least.

Shadowpriest was never an easy class to play since vanilla you barely seen any SP running around, we got some more on TBC and even more on WoTLK but still the average SP was bad.
    Atm judging from my realm SP is the new trend i see numerous purple guys running around.

Deleted
    I dunno about all the problems other people have but in my guild we have two shadowpriests me and an officier. We both raid and go heroics together most of the time and I've never seen one of us running oom. I think you should use SWD every 2nd Mindblast and your doing fine. In bossfights use Shadowfiend first so your mindflay can shorten the cd of it and if you are at 60% mana again use archangel fullstacked for a dps and manaboost to 100% in phases where you cant dps due to some reasons just use dispersion and you should have no problems ( I'm on 342 Average gear but only cause my wand is ilevel 308.. )

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    - We have the worst Mastery from every single class/spec in the game.
    Some Ret paladins would... disagree.

My take on the current shadow status is that dots cost too much mana, AoE is basicly nonexistent, and VE is very very weak.

Mana management made dpsing actually interesting. I follow a rotation of swp then mf til I get an orb and 5 stacks of evangelism. Then I mind blast and use my vampiric touch/berserking (troll) macro then devouring plague. SWD on cd, use wings at 50% mana, then sfiend again at 50% then by time it's needed i'll disperse when I can. I switched from the swd glyph to disperse glyp for fights I know I'll run oom on. This keeps me able to dps the whole fight with a mana cd almost always available.

Winga doesn't boost dot damage, and in fact it consumes the dot buff we get. Don't refresh dots after you pop wings. Wait til you mind flay for 5 more ticks.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 02:10 PM ----------

Also, I'm doing horible on trash (around 4-5k dps), but 10-11k on a boss fight. Character armory is Dyermaker on smolderthorn.
    Last edited by livingcorpse; 2010-12-14 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spriest seem so clunky compared to what we where before, having to get 5 stacks of Evangelism and getting and orb up before being able to put up full dmg dots.

I've had a few times where an Orb didnt proc for 3 Mindflay channels so let's just assume the RNG Orb god has a bad day (which happens every now and then). I'm going to use my own character as an example.

3x2,6 s (3 MFs)
    1.3 s (MB)
    2 GCDs (SW:P, DP)
    1.3 (VT)

This is over 10 seconds before my dots start ticking fully, by this time the mob has already dropped considerably even in HCs 1 week after the exp hit. and this is assuming I dot up the kill target with DP and SW:P before it reaches the tank to get some dmg going. This makes me just start spamming Mindspike x3>MB then SW below 25% and get wings up when available. I Understand that we should have a use for MS but to remove the whole "dot class" concept on trash and just use dots on bosses is well... not too my liking. (this is not my game tho)

There really isn't as issue with our DPS, it seems fine for the most part, and yeah haste will probably fix this in the long run. someone asked for DPS SSs this is from my last SFK, I think it's from the whole run I'm not entirely sure tho.

http://yfrog.com/3zuldpsj
    Last edited by Epox; 2010-12-14 at 03:02 PM.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

If you're having mana problems, "waste" a global for SW. Also mind flay doesn't reset shadowfiend unless it crits, back when our crit rating was 30%+ we were used to it coming back a few times in the fight. Now however, our crit is around 10% so it's very noticeable to see.

Also to people saying our dps is bad, I have no clue what you're doing but my dps has been up to par with my guildies. In tol barad I did 12kish while having to dispel, I did 13.5k on Omnitron Defense System. In heroics I do around 11kish. Might just be your rotation, but shadow priests are fine.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

I'm doing 10-14k DPS on Heroic boss fights.... but I reforged all my hit into haste/crit since you only need 6% for heroics, I am sure it will go down once I start raiding and have to reforge for hit.

I love SPriest at the moment, much better than playing a Holy Priest lol... Can have all 346 gear, spam Heal until your balls are blue and only do 1% OH and still run OOM even with a well geared group that knows how to avoid dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by livingcorpse View Post
    Winga doesn't boost dot damage, and in fact it consumes the dot buff we get. Don't refresh dots after you pop wings. Wait til you mind flay for 5 more ticks.
    Wings do NOT consume the DoTs. Mindspike consumes the DoTs, therefore I tend to save Mindspike for the mob when below 10% HP. It hits like a truck.

Deleted
    So is our dps that balanced with other classes? I am holy main spec and I am thinking in respec to shadow, but I am a little concerned about the dps.
    Seems that there are people that say that we are very good and other people that say that we suck, now I am confused. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Lehnsherr View Post
    Wings do NOT consume the DoTs. Mindspike consumes the DoTs, therefore I tend to save Mindspike for the mob when below 10% HP. It hits like a truck.
    he/she never said wings consumed the dots, you misread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suneca View Post
    So is our dps that balanced with other classes? I am holy main spec and I am thinking in respec to shadow, but I am a little concerned about the dps.
    Seems that there are people that say that we are very good and other people that say that we suck, now I am confused. :S
    Melees and mages seem to have the lead atm at least from my exp so far, mages/warr/rogus are easily pulling 15k-16k with entry raid gear

Ofc your dps will be lower.. and you should have exspected that long ago, how you can write you do 8k as if it was a shock to you, I don't get..
    You went from what like 40-50% haste, 40% crit to now around 10 in both? What had you exspected from dps?

Mana is not a problem with some heroic gear, I can easily keep up mana, by using friend, arch and dispersion either when I Really need it or when the boss fight allows it without dps lose.

dps will fast go up again, I'm not even in raiding, and still doing heroics (tho I do have full heroic gear now and a few epics) and I have gone from the 8k max in dungeons as we started with, and back to a more steady 11-12k now, that will surely increase if I would enchant and gem my gear and reforge
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

If you find yourself having mana issues, you should use SW: D more since it regenerates your mana if you have the Masochism talent. The reason you the Shadowfiend cd seems longer is because you had a ton more crit, haste and propably the amazing t10 4piece bonus @ lvl 80.
    Last edited by Deviante; 2010-12-15 at 08:30 AM.