Poll: Enjoying the difficulty?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wiping in Cata Heroics.

Loving every second of it. Anyone else agree?

Deleted
    I'm fine with it, except for the fact that a lot of these instances are gigantic and it takes up to 10 minutes to run back in. There's a lot of empty space in some of them, and it's really annoying when learning the fights from scratch and wiping often. Dungeons don't all have to be like Violet Hold, but when you end up spending most of the session just running through a cleared dungeon, it might be a bit too much.

It would be great if they had done something like, say, allow players to enter mounted but not to mount up inside. That way you could recover from the inevitable frequent wipes in a more timely manner without encouraging people to ride between pulls while actually clearing the place.
    Last edited by mmocc9bca2205f; 2010-12-10 at 07:13 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Done most of them already and wiped normally trying to do achievements. They're not terribly hard, but they're better than Wrath heroics were.

Deleted
    I guess goin heroix when you just hit 329 average item level aint good idea.
    Get as more gear you can, will make your way through heroix a hell of a lot easier.
    Loving the difficulty, loving the challenge, not loving ppl trying to kill stuff in there in "wotlk way".
    Usually resulting in either some ppl dying or whole group wiping or just me running out of mana after every pull with all mana regen CDs on cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its not "stupid" wipes.
    Ye, i like it

I asume people have noticed the portals usually to the left of the entrace in most if not all dungeons to port you close to where you wiped (asuming you've killed at least some bosses to actually be deep in the instance). ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hoped they would be much more harder. Like in TBC. It was impossible to do Arcatraz unless you are decently geared from other dungeons. Now most of PuG's may complete any if enough effort is put in.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    It was impossible to do Arcatraz unless you are decently geared from other dungeons.
    This. Good times.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, i enjoy wiping!

It makes you learn

Wiped 4 times on the last boss of Grim Batol Normal last night, but as we killed him, it felt like killing a WOTLK raid boss for the first time

I hoped they would be much more harder. Like in TBC. It was impossible to do Arcatraz unless you are decently geared from other dungeons. Now most of PuG's may complete any if enough effort is put in.
    Unbalanced does not equal hard.

This is how it should be. If you fail, you wipe. If you do everything right, you win
    This is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    I'm fine with it, except for the fact that a lot of these instances are gigantic and it takes up to 10 minutes to run back in. There's a lot of empty space in some of them, and it's really annoying when learning the fights from scratch and wiping often. Dungeons don't all have to be like Violet Hold, but when you end up spending most of the session just running through a cleared dungeon, it might be a bit too much.

It would be great if they had done something like, say, allow players to enter mounted but not to mount up inside. That way you could recover from the inevitable frequent wipes in a more timely manner without encouraging people to ride between pulls while actually clearing the place.
    There are Ulduar/ICC type portals in the dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    I haven't tried heroics yet as of I am only level 84..
    but I am enjoying the normal instances aswell as you can wipe there aswell..
    wrath was to easy and you couldnt wipe in HC's..

also required gear lvl for HC's are approximately 333.. so I need to grind abit.

Can't wait to start wiping in heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving what I've done so far which is only the last boss of Throne of the Tides so far (very easy fight on heroic sad as that is), but then in HSFK the first boss is retarded hard if you don't have the interrupts for his heals so be prepared but yeah very fun being able to wipe in heroics again =D

Still 84 so havent got to try them yet, but I prefer not wiping in any dungeon (which of course only is possible wiht a guild group atm

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Still 84 so havent got to try them yet, but I prefer not wiping in any dungeon (which of course only is possible wiht a guild group atm
    You wipe for a reason, wiping makes you learn why you fail

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    only place i wipe is on the toilet

It was impossible to do Arcatraz unless you are decently geared from other dungeons.
    I loved Arcatraz, and I was primarily tank back then. Everyone else seemed to hate it, though.

Now most of PuG's may complete any if enough effort is put in.
    so PuGs shouldn't be able to run them, no matter how good they are? :P Also, at least for the first few days, those "randoms" would mostly be those half-insane non-casuals that powerlevelled to 85, so a certain amount of dedication is there anyway
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I enjoy it with guildies. last pug I had was some cocky druid who used all caps and gave up after 2 attempts with his guildies.

but overall yes. probably wiped over 50 times so far and done every heroic cept for stone core

Totally agree with OP, loving it!
    Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Bitch View Post
    only place i wipe is on the toilet
    You don't wipe on the toilet, you whipe there

I love the new heroics and they're the best! It's fun to kill a boss that you've been wiping on for some time until you get the right strategy :>