Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mind control. THE BEST DUNGEON CC EVAR.

Seriously though.

If you do dungeons and have a priest you should definitely go back to the old style Mind control pulls. Especially in places like stone core where the trash is actually difficult. What better way to cc a mob than make it's friends kill it?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is actually -1 mob on every pack so seriously it's good stuff, if you didnt miss it ;X
    http://spamheal.wordpress.com/

SpamHeal – Restoration shaman & not only Blog
    Shaman mechanic, theory and practice blog.

it can also result in 1 less priest very easily if you pull with it...

MC the Adepts in heroic VP and carry the heals >.<

Before MC, consider this:
    -is the tank ready to charge in and get aggro of every mob?
    -is the tank ready to save your ass if, somehow, the mob survives and gets angry and full of threat from you?
    -if you are the healer: is anyone of the group atacking some mob?

Because, you know, sometimes ppl just can't understand what CC is. They rush in with you, get aggro of a mob and get attacked. Then you must leave your mind control to heal him. The mob goes to you. The tank doesn't pay attention and you, the healer, die. It happens sometimes.

Edit: if the group knows what they are doing, then it is an awesome CC!

Quote Originally Posted by Zefinski View Post
    MC the Adepts in heroic VP and carry the heals >.<
    Oh god yes this. Their Greater Heal heals for 100,000.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Agro-problems-super-solution:
    Mind Control X > Let the other mobs kill X > Fade = UWIN@DUNGEONZ

The Aqua Caster giblin things in Throne are quite awesome for explosions too.

It's good that they put this back in as a form of CC again, making it fun instead of "lol immune".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

As a shadow priest, I put one talent point in psychic horror. It's great for after your MC breaks. Just horror the mob and recast mind control. Also, if you don't want to waste a point in horror, then consider getting glyph of psychic scream.

In hc VP MC the adepts its just game breaking:P our healer just had to do some dps in order to not get bored:P

MC is awesome, I just did a run with an Spriest, she was like hmm, these 40k hits are fun. was awesome, we used the mob to kill the group with tank holding threat, then took out the last one, it adds tons more dps

10+ Year Old Account
    I was MCing mobs in heroics back in BC, (MC in heroic Auchindoun was amazing, and sethekk halls iirc)

unless the ability has changed somehow...

The best way is to let the tank pull, have CCs go up and THEN MC your target. Make sure you're standing out of range, if possible, of mob aoes. If you take dmg it might break the MC.

You should alert the tank and group that you will be MCing, the tank should be ready to taunt the MC targets if MC breaks.

I don't know if it causes as much threat still, but when I did it the MC'd mobs really hated you! lol
    Happy MCing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still causes very high threat. Keep in mind to fade after it breaks.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

In normal dungeon's I leveled as Shadow and I got to say, a clutch few MCs saved the day. I find it irritating when there are multiple CCs available and a spriest decides it's better to MC and stand there then to DPS. It happens, but the bottom line is that MC is definitely making it's comeback!

Thanks to Amalisa for this great Sig!

15+ Year Old Account
    It was intended for WotLK aswell (notice there's many trash groups with a OP healer inside WotLK dungeons).

10+ Year Old Account
    Im agree, its pretty good CC

damn, why isnt the priest playstyle appealing to me, id love to mindcontrol stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    damn, why isnt the priest playstyle appealing to me, id love to mindcontrol stuff
    blasphemy!

Anyone find any crazy buffs from MCing mobs, remember the Buff in Heroic Bot, OMG!!! Glad I always run with a really good Face Melter.

Quote Originally Posted by Adahy View Post
    Anyone find any crazy buffs from MCing mobs, remember the Buff in Heroic Bot, OMG!!! Glad I always run with a really good Face Melter.
    In heroic deadmines the blood casters have a melee haste buff that can be applied to a member of your party.