Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I tried bgs and dueling as sub and dear god I hated that.
    I'm back to mut pvp this season. I'm enjoying the massive damage against healers

Deleted
    Mmm, i couldnt find anything usefull regarding reforging in sub PVP. Any 1 got any clue?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
    Mmm, i couldnt find anything usefull regarding reforging in sub PVP. Any 1 got any clue?
    im doing mastery to get my rupture as high as possible. having fun doin premed, garotte, hemo, rupture, vanish and watch them panic also the evis is massive if you do it within the few seconds when the armour is stipped.

Deleted
    mmm rupture got me intrested.
    I usually do ambush/garrote hemo and backstab spam and tbh it does 0 dmg nowadays... before cata i could 4shot most cloth users with timed kidney/blind and now it takes forever and i die so freaking fast... so mb ur tactic is worth trying.
    Also wondering about improved recu, 2%/5sec does squad atm...

mmm rupture got me intrested.
    I usually do ambush/garrote hemo and backstab spam and tbh it does 0 dmg nowadays... before cata i could 4shot most cloth users with timed kidney/blind and now it takes forever and i die so freaking fast... so mb ur tactic is worth trying.
    Also wondering about improved recu, 2%/5sec does squad atm...
    i have also moved 2 talent points into initiative so i dont need an extra attack after the hemo to get 5cps... makes it quick in and quick out... before they know it they got 3 dots and no target... then u can build up ur energy and stun lock em with the bleeds running

Deleted
    mb thats an option cause srsly in bg's i die in like 3sec top when leaving stealth. i feel so vulnerable, and those shitty new cd which i dont even have time to enable...
    ahh and regarding caps - what hit/expertise on pvp?
    Last edited by mmoc0c42c18e76; 2010-12-15 at 01:17 PM.

mb thats an option cause srsly in bg's i die in like 3sec top when leaving stealth. i feel so vulnerable, and those shitty new cd which i dont even hate time to enable...
    also try selecting a target while in stealth as soon as poss and build up as much cps with HAT... use these points before you attack with recup for the dmg reduction, healing oc and energy regen. also keep ur main target after bleeding and vanishing as this will build up more cps with HAT.

Deleted
    Mmm, i altered build for recu and tried to use ur adviced and it ended up pretty well. I'm not the best dmg dealer atm but i also live long enough to be a viable pvper. Also my stats are currently a mess i am heavyly overhitted i guess.

Mmm, i altered build for recu and tried to use ur adviced and it ended up pretty well. I'm not the best dmg dealer atm but i also live long enough to be a viable pvper. Also my stats are currently a mess i am heavyly overhitted i guess.
    Glad i helped

I know mastery is appealing to you guys for +rupture damage but some guys over an AJ have done the math and discerned that, for sub pvp, you want to reforge for haste, and mastery for assassination.

Deleted
    no one takes opportunity? nobody want's a 30% damage increase on your main attack? and why does almost everyone pick up 3/3 lethality? it's 10% more on the crit amount, not the main damage it self. The imp recuperate is more for 1v1 and BG's. I don't see myself opening on a foe and at loosening the pressure by using CBs on recuperate...though I haven't done arena in this season (9) yet.

I personally love blackjack, for 2v2 and 3v3 it's awesome...it's basicly 8 more secounds of CC at start...that almost like a double sap... combine that with blind+resap and you have a sure win. the sapped enemy does so little damage he's/she's forced to use all CC's to save his/her partner...

I haven't played at the +2000 ratings so feel free to correct me.

the major glyphs need a bit more testing...

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout View Post
    I know mastery is appealing to you guys for +rupture damage but some guys over an AJ have done the math and discerned that, for sub pvp, you want to reforge for haste, and mastery for assassination.
    i have tried the haste thing, but im using a particular playstyle that im benefitting more from the mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    i have tried the haste thing, but im using a particular playstyle that im benefitting more from the mastery.
    And that's fair enough. I stand by what I said earlier; everyone specs according to what they need. If people could get a grasp on this maybe we'd see stop seeing so many threads requesting the "cookie cutter" build. Because honestly, now that Blizz has given us choice (which feels more like our arms are getting twisted), there isn't one spec.
    I'm personally going mastery myself at the moment because I'm playing alongside a friend of 4 years who has played feral druid exclusively since the start of TBC. We can pretty much operate in-sync with no verbal communication because we've played together that long ^_^. And what with the way ferals are now... Fights don't last very long. Hence my attraction to bigger finishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout View Post
    And that's fair enough. I stand by what I said earlier; everyone specs according to what they need. If people could get a grasp on this maybe we'd see stop seeing so many threads requesting the "cookie cutter" build. Because honestly, now that Blizz has given us choice (which feels more like our arms are getting twisted), there isn't one spec.
    I'm personally going mastery myself at the moment because I'm playing alongside a friend of 4 years who has played feral druid exclusively since the start of TBC. We can pretty much operate in-sync with no verbal communication because we've played together that long ^_^. And what with the way ferals are now... Fights don't last very long. Hence my attraction to bigger finishers.
    i must aggree... i originally thought with the reduced talent points and limits to cross speccing that we would be limited, but i have never had so many options ingame before...

I am fighting the urge to run with 2 pvp specs as apposed to a pvp and pve spec.

I am torn between Imp. Recup and Puncturing Wounds.
    I did the math with some easy numbers. Say you had 100,000 HP (clean number), 4% of that is 4000 HP every 3 sec, meaning a max CP Recup is healing for 40,000 HP, plus the 20% healing from quickening, for a total of 48,000 HP from that one ability.
    I couldve made a mistake somewhere in there, but a heal for about 50% of your total HP sounds pretty nice IMO.

I just cant decide between an offensive/ defensive build. :|

EDIT: This is coming from a PvP perspective :P
    Last edited by Aggroholic; 2011-02-16 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggroholic View Post
    I am torn between Imp. Recup and Puncturing Wounds.
    I did the math with some easy numbers. Say you had 100,000 HP (clean number), 4% of that is 4000 HP every 3 sec, meaning a max CP Recup is healing for 40,000 HP, plus the 20% healing from quickening, for a total of 48,000 HP from that one ability.
    I couldve made a mistake somewhere in there, but a heal for about 50% of your total HP sounds pretty nice IMO.

I just cant decide between an offensive/ defensive build. :|
    that math is correct. 2% -> 4% + 20% = 4.8% per tick.

personally, I'm really liking imp recup and puncturing wounds without quickening for randoms - where healing is a rarity and I'm often "on my own" so to speak. I might switch it up with speccing into quickening instead of imp recup for rated bgs/arenas though, but i need some gear first.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    You should look at this page : you'll see what are the most used talents by 2k2+ players

Deleted
    Sorry to bring this thread up again but I've been looking into talent builds as i'm going to respec (anyone who armoury searches me will easily see why!!!) and there are a couple of things which are bugging me. Apologies for repeating anything.

First off, somebody mentioned in the beginning of the thread that Nightstalker was pointless if you have Quickening. Well yes, I can see how this would be true BUT with the new addition of the character speed spec I can see that with my Combat spec (Quickening, no Nightstalker) my stealthed speed is 86%. With my current Sub spec (Quickening and Nightstalker) my stealthed speed is 103%. So in short, I think these effects do stack even though that contradicts the Quickening description.

Secondly, why does nobody seem to take Waylay? I'm gonna try putting two points into this instead of Initiative.

Thirdly, some people say Haste is more important while others say Crit is (for Sub). Some say they are equal, and whichever suits your play style. If I spec into Lethality and increase the effectiveness of Crit on two of my most powerful attacks, surely Crit becomes much more important, no?

I'm not going to change to a Mut build because I enjoy Sub too much, but any advice would be welcome on a Sub build. Right now I'm thinking http://wowtal.com/#k=kWp-dSyR_.aei.rogue.
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2011-02-22 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    Hmm this build is for? wPvP? Arena? Bg?

I think importnant is preparation.. why u dont have?
    Would be grat have this talent in assasssination tree.. i must playing as sub now coz of this talent (big survi)
    Rest is ur tchose.. ^^

Deleted
    Just BG for now. Will start on arena soon but have to wait for my partner to level first. I'll respec then if I need to I guess.

I understand your point about prep but the 5 min CD puts me off, plus it got nerfed in 4.0.6. Of the abilities it resets, I use Shadowstep the most by far and that has a pretty short CD anyway. I never find myself especially needing Sprint or Vanish too often and when I do they are usually off CD anyway. I used to have it before and found it mostly useless. Now when I start arena i'm sure that will change perhaps.