Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why wont rogues die when they go low

i wish rogues would actually die when i try to kill em, instead of running away with CoS and vanish. when a rogue jumps me, and i kick hes ass, he should die, instead of always getting away and never to be seen.

Cheat death is awesome.

Deleted
    Could it be Cheat Death? Subtlety rogues?

Deleted
    Did you even read the OP?

He cries about Vanish and CloS. That rogues just gets away... Not the fact that he cant kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attic at my old man's house in Winchester, South England.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adril View Post
    i wish rogues would actually die when i try to kill em, instead of running away with CoS and vanish. when a rogue jumps me, and i kick hes ass, he should die, instead of always getting away and never to be seen.
    Yep, partially agreed with you.

Quote Originally Posted by idototems View Post
    Did you even read the OP?

He cries about Vanish and CloS. That rogues just gets away... Not the fact that he cant kill them.
    "Why wont rogues die when they go low"

Quote Originally Posted by electrikfuzz View Post
    "Why wont rogues die when they go low"
    OP = Opening Post
    Title = Title

So yeah, idototems was right to call you out.

Anyways, why is it suddenly a problem that Rogues don't die? We had to live with that for like, 6 years now?

Honestly, I see Rogue as the pussy class. It's a hard find to see a Rogue win a fight without blowing all of their cooldowns and attacking you when you're already in a fight.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising View Post
    Honestly, I see Rogue as the pussy class. It's a hard find to see a Rogue win a fight without blowing all of their cooldowns and attacking you when you're already in a fight.
    You're upset that a rogue uses the abilities they're balanced around to win a fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    You ever play a rogue? The majority of their abilities are cooldowns. To say a rogue is a "pussy" for using their abilities is just plain ignorant. As for jumping you while your already in a fight, that is not limited to rogues. I cannot thing of a single instance of world pvp that did not involve being attacked while I was already in a fight or attacking someone else who wasn't already in a fight. Its the nature of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hence the name 'rogue'?

You're upset that a rogue uses the abilities they're balanced around to win a fight?
    I'm impressed if a Rogue kills me without blowing all his/her cooldowns, but usually what happens in an encounter is that he/she jumps me, I get stunlocked and near death, I heal then pummel the kid, then they run away or they run away then come back at me when I start in another fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    To say a rogue is a "pussy" for using their abilities is just plain ignorant.
    You're visibly upset. Also..

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I cannot thing of a single instance of world pvp that did not involve being attacked while I was already in a fight or attacking someone else who wasn't already in a fight. Its the nature of the game.
    There's a difference between jumping someone and stunlock ---> "Oh hey, I have almost no health now" then the fight starts.
    Last edited by BlueRising; 2010-12-10 at 07:59 PM.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

I'm impressed if a Rogue kills me without blowing all his/her cooldowns, but usually what happens in an encounter is that he/she jumps me, I get stunlocked and near death, I heal then pummel the kid, then they run away or they run away then come back at me when I start in another fight.
    Then you're playing against bad rogues, just like paladins that stun as soon as it comes off cd or DKs that open with DG.

Also, being stunlocked to death hasn't been a valid complaint since trinkets were normalized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues are a pussy class. Their class is built around running away and resetting fights when things don't go their way. The #1 pussy class however goes to Frostmage, they can truly leave the fight whenever they like and there is nothing you can do about it. With a rogue they have 2 big weaknesses stuns and bleeds putting both those on a rogue you can usually anchor him down. With a mage blink, nova, pet nova, derpblock, they can leave a fight even with 2 people working on him and with a sprint after every blink hah GL ever catching one.

I partially agree. The whole blowing all cds and attacking then vanishing and hiding till all cds are back up is gay as hell, but that's the way they are designed. Can't blame them for doing what the class is built around. Although, the rogues that think they are good after killing you once you've already almost killed them 3 or 4 times is what bothers me.

Gotta be sneaky, charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshkrusher View Post
    I partially agree. The whole blowing all cds and attacking then vanishing and hiding till all cds are back up is gay as hell, but that's the way they are designed. Can't blame them for doing what the class is built around. Although, the rogues that think they are good after killing you once you've already almost killed them 3 or 4 times is what bothers me.
    Paladins are skill, you heard it here first folks.

That's not the issue he's saying, he's claiming rogues can open up on you, even if they are losing horribly, CloS -> vanish -> they don't die on a fight they should have lost. It's not so much that they are using their abilities to win a fight, it's that they aren't using their abilities to fight, but rather to end any fight that is not going favorably.

On topic the subject: Lot's of classes can end fights prematurely one way or another. If a class has it's trinket down, there isn't much you can do against cc -> run away -> mount up -> fly away.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo View Post
    Rogues are a pussy class. Their class is built around running away and resetting fights when things don't go their way. The #1 pussy class however goes to Frostmage, they can truly leave the fight whenever they like and there is nothing you can do about it. With a rogue they have 2 big weaknesses stuns and bleeds putting both those on a rogue you can usually anchor him down. With a mage blink, nova, pet nova, derpblock, they can leave a fight even with 2 people working on him and with a sprint after every blink hah GL ever catching one.
    LOL, did that last night, you forgot popping mirror image just b4 an invis : P

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    That's not the issue he's saying, he's claiming rogues can open up on you, even if they are losing horribly, CloS -> vanish -> they don't die on a fight they should have lost. It's not so much that they are using their abilities to win a fight, it's that they aren't using their abilities to fight, but rather to end any fight that is not going favorably.

On topic the subject: Lot's of classes can end fights prematurely one way or another. If a class has it's trinket down, there isn't much you can do against cc -> run away -> mount up -> fly away.
    Control of the fight is one of the basic tenants of the class, without an ability to leave a fight rogues would not stand much of a chance against other class. Yea it sucks that we have an easy way to get out of sight, and slink back into the shadows, but honestly think of it as our bubble.

"Emphasizes stealth poisons and control"