Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Life grip shenanigans

How many people have cussed you off yet? I had a rogue who would magically appear at my feet RIGHT after sapping a mob before every pull. It was very strange, and he started yelling soon after it happened. >

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO! Let the games begin1!!!11!!!!

I pissed off a mage in guild once because he blinked ahead of me after we wiped and were running back so I life gripped him back.

it fun yes. but these past few days it started to feel like a chore in the LFD to pull the stupid dps

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    it started to feel like a chore in the LFD to pull the stupid dps
    It's a full time job.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    it fun yes. but these past few days it started to feel like a chore in the LFD to pull the stupid dps
    Don't. They won't learn if you don't let them watch from the floor. A progression environment is different, of course, but right now players have to learn that they can't stand in the stuff on the ground anymore and you doing that thinking for them won't help them any.

It's very nice in HoO at first boss to pull up the one that pushed the thingy

I have been having some real fun with it....but one that stands out is doing some guild run dungeons we were about to wipe. The hunter hit his FD and it was just him and I left. Right as I was about to die I hit Leap of Faith on him and it took him out of FD and he died as well. Good times

Quote Originally Posted by Dänk View Post
    I have been having some real fun with it....but one that stands out is doing some guild run dungeons we were about to wipe. The hunter hit his FD and it was just him and I left. Right as I was about to die I hit Leap of Faith on him and it took him out of FD and he died as well. Good times
    As a hunter, I'd faction change and camp you until my fingers hurt.

Had a buddy do it to me while I was tanking in Grim Batol. Several times. Had a few WTF moments before I realized what was happening, lol.

In a BG:
    A warrior charged my DK friend. I lifegripped him away to me, worried about a brostorm. The warrior Heroic Leaped to us, I rocketboot away to where the warrior just was. The DK gets my pain suppression so the warrior Intercepts to me. My DK then Death Grips the warrior back to him. I am then thunderstomped back to the DK and warrior by a passing eleshaman.

WoW pingpong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dänk View Post
    Hey now! If you don't have to rez one extra person, that's a plus! I never mess with a Hunter's FD.

Except once..... Back before they removed 'Divine Intervention', I use to DI the hunter for shytz 'n gigz.

I put one of our friends who was still in a party with me on top of a roof in orgrimmar when he was afk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    In a BG:
    A warrior charged my DK friend. I lifegripped him away to me, worried about a brostorm. The warrior Heroic Leaped to us, I rocketboot away to where the warrior just was. The DK gets my pain suppression so the warrior Intercepts to me. My DK then Death Grips the warrior back to him. I am then thunderstomped back to the DK and warrior by a passing eleshaman.

WoW pingpong.
    Game. Set. Match.

I pulled a Ret Pally in my last Halls of Reflection run that was getting destroyed by Trash, and I couldn't spare anything more than a global (Serenity on cooldown) to heal him without risking imminent-tank-death. I even apologized after!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

In the good situations its wonderful like pulling someone out of a beam. The long CD doesn't make it useful other then fun purposes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I pulled a Ret Pally in my last Halls of Reflection run that was getting destroyed by Trash, and I couldn't spare anything more than a global (Serenity on cooldown) to heal him without risking imminent-tank-death. I even apologized after!
    In the Stonecore at the last boss, I was running with a group of friends and when the mass wave of adds spawned, I was on the opposite side of the Void Zone to my Hunter friend. She multishot and hit the with an Immotation Trap, but they caught up to her and her life startted dropping pretty fast, one quick Leap of Faith and I managed to ninja her out of melee so she could finish them off

When you think about the amount of healing it saves you and see all of the situations it is literally perfect for it really is an amazing spell.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It's an amazing spell, also... situational. And with mana regen in the state it is (which I am quite proud to say I am managing very well with).... make sure you're not wasting it on being silly during a tougher fight. It is actually somewhat expensive in terms of mana for a good laugh.

I think the spell might possibly be not only amazing and highly useful.... but I have to go back and eat my own words b/c I didn't think this one was going to pan out to be as good as it has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Deleted
    In BG's, chastise on a flag carier / guy that tries to run away + mind control + leap of faith = win

Quote Originally Posted by greenlander View Post
    In BG's, chastise on a flag carier / guy that tries to run away + mind control + leap of faith = win
    ehhh i gotta try this!