Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Retadino View Post
    Honestly Black Arrow is not very good anymore. Unless they really changed something recently. I would suggest trap launching an Explosive Trap right away (unless other hunters are using it, because the tick doesn't stack) and SV hasn't been super great DPS since pre 4.0 MM is still the best by a good amount as far as i know.

But that probably won;t help your problem right now so I'd say you should never have full focus unless you REALLY need it such as when ES and BA(Trap) are off CD. While in between there keep spamming AS while you can and regen your focus with CS. Steady Shot sucks for any class other than MM and even as MM I would only use Steady to get that buff then its AS/CS because the CS damage is better.

Hope that helps.

Black arrow has Toxicity increase it's critical strike damage by 50% while also costing only one GCD, so it's much better than shooting an Immolation trap at the target for single target DPS.

As for the state of Survival, I find it's doing quite well and has a decent room for error while Marksmen has a DPS drop for you using to many focus regening shots.

Deleted
    Honestly Black Arrow is not very good anymore. Unless they really changed something recently. I would suggest trap launching an Explosive Trap right away (unless other hunters are using it, because the tick doesn't stack) and SV hasn't been super great DPS since pre 4.0 MM is still the best by a good amount as far as i know.

But that probably won;t help your problem right now so I'd say you should never have full focus unless you REALLY need it such as when ES and BA(Trap) are off CD. While in between there keep spamming AS while you can and regen your focus with CS. Steady Shot sucks for any class other than MM and even as MM I would only use Steady to get that buff then its AS/CS because the CS damage is better.

Hope that helps.

BA have lots more damage that ET who also is lost of dps time to be planted and i have instant L&L proc from the CCing around with frost traps

Hope that helps.

MM was only on top at level 80. At 85, Survival is currently ahead by a fairly wide margin. Black Arrow is also superior for all non-humanoid bosses, as very large beast/dragon bosses don't even seem to trigger the trap properly.

---------- Post added 2010-12-11 at 06:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    BA have lots more damage that ET who also is lost of dps time to be planted and i have instant L&L proc from the CCing around with frost traps
    This as well, if an encounter allows you to be throwing freezing or frost traps down at any point, do it. That's instant L&L procs and great DPS potential, while still having BA/ET up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    You seem to know what your talking about.. however you should never be using Steady Shot as Survival, always use Cobra Shot as it increase the duration of Serpent Sting so you never have to waste focus to manually cast it again, Steady Shot does nothing at all for Survial. Only MM.

Edit: Cobra shot is affected by your Mastery Rating, while Steady Shot does not. Therefore Cobra does a substantial amount more damage then Steady as a Survival Hunter.
    Ah yes, I forgot you get Cobra Shot at level 81 (I thought I remembered getting it at level 83 and the OP was level 82) so you are right!