Deleted

Kill Shot and travel time

This may just be a pet peeve of mine, is anyone rather annoyed by Kill Shot and the travel time it takes? I would often fire it off, the GCD would execute but the boss or mob would be dead by the time it arrives, I know it's no real marginal DPS loss or any game destroying balance issue, but it just annoys me to no end.

Should it be an Instant damage hit, possibly representing a shot fired at greater speed and power, or is it fine the way it is?

I'd like to hear some opinions on this, I can't be the only one whos annoyed our Kill shot just keeps hitting dead things!

Yea this is very annoying. But technically it is a shot... so it has to have a travel time. Taking the travel time off Kill Shot would mean that you have to take the travel time off everything, since every spell with travel time has the potential to not hit in the way you're describing.

Deleted
    That is true, But it is also a 20% activated ability with a cooldown, closest thing being to it is Shadow Word death, and that is an instant spell.
    Maybe the health threshold could be raised slightly higher, though that could cause problems more than solving them.

Especially annoying if u glyph for it lol... the cd doesn't reset until the first one lands ><
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fully agree with this post. Bugs me too.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think we should be able to glyph it to hit twice as hard, instead of this clunky crap we have going.... but thats just me (i know i know, then it hits for as much and takes 1 GCD rather than two QQ), I'm not just a big fan of the redesign +glyph.

Deleted
    The way Kill shot should, or orginally worked as it was fired before everything else at the 20% mark, but recently I find I can ise the GCD on a better with something like Chimera or Kill command, I don't see why we would use it if our it'll break our standard rythem we form.. and it doesn't provide a substancial DPS increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    So long the boss dies I do not see a problem with Kill Shot having a travel time. Caring so much about is nothing but EPEEN, really.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poosh View Post
    So long the boss dies I do not see a problem with Kill Shot having a travel time. Caring so much about is nothing but EPEEN, really.
    Like I said before, it is a trivial issue and doesn't effect us mechanics wise, but it is still a little dissapointing when you wind up that killshot and it hits a boss already lying in the dirt.

I dont have a hunter as a main, but warriors have a SLIGHTLY similar issue with executes. by the time the target hits 20% and i hit my "execute" (your "kill shot") the target is dead, my rage was spent and no damage was done.

so alls i can add to this is Hunters as a class arent completely alone in the issue of "my resources were spent, and nothing was accomplished"

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    The way Kill shot should, or orginally worked as it was fired before everything else at the 20% mark, but recently I find I can ise the GCD on a better with something like Chimera or Kill command, I don't see why we would use it if our it'll break our standard rythem we form.. and it doesn't provide a substancial DPS increase.
    Are you seriously suggesting using Chimera or KC over KS?

Quote Originally Posted by sliightly View Post
    I dont have a hunter as a main, but warriors have a SLIGHTLY similar issue with executes. by the time the target hits 20% and i hit my "execute" (your "kill shot") the target is dead, my rage was spent and no damage was done.

so alls i can add to this is Hunters as a class arent completely alone in the issue of "my resources were spent, and nothing was accomplished"
    That has nothing to do with Kill Shot travel time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, if I understand you correctly you are mad because a target dies before your Kill Shot hits them. Do you want every mob to stop taking damage at 1hp until a hunter hits them with Kill Shot? I really don't understand why this frustrates you, it doesn't frustrate me.

Deleted
    i just do an instant in between my 2 kill shots

Where this REALLY matters is in PvP, where your target can get healed before your Kill Shot has landed - thus making the target survive, even twice if glyphed.