Deleted

Hunters and their stats

Hello MMO-Champion, been playing my hunter a little during Cataclysm and been wondering what exactly are our most favoured stats and how they weigh, so I thought of making a list to see what stats are better for us and how they effect us. Would enjoy feedback and infomation about the stats and how they effect hunters as a whole and as each specc.

Hit - makes our attacks hit, number one for any DPS specc

Hit rating is important because it negates the inate miss chance all attacks have against mobs or bosses, the miss chance is determined by the level of the mob

Level 85 mob: 5% miss chance
    Level 87 mob: 6% miss chance (heroic boss)
    Level 88 mob: 8% miss chance (raid boss)

In order for all your shots to hit in a raid setting you would require 8% hit
    For a level 85 hunter, 120.109 hit rating gives you 1% hit.

961 Hit Rating is needed to reach the Hit Cap
    841 Hit Rating is needed for Draenei to reach the hit cap

Your pet scales with your hit rating directly, so when you reach the hit cap, your pet does also.

Agility - our attack power stat, though it is a core stat so it will be gained from gear by default

Haste - Increases the Attack speed of our auto shots ( letting them proc wild quiver more ), and increases our focus regen in two ways, one - it passively increases the regen and two- steady shot/focus shots cast time is reduced, meaning faster fired focus generating shots.

Crit - increases our chance to critically hit with attacks, very useful.

Stamina - gives more HP to help us and our pet stay alive

PvP. Resilence - very imporant for PvP a given really.

Would enjoy any feedback if you can give it.

Scources of infomation - Warcrafthuntersunion.com
    Last edited by mmoc8433d251bf; 2010-12-11 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Details added.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually see how this is useful tbh, all you've done is state what they are. Why don't you try and add some values such as what amount of hit is needed for caps at different levels or what stat should hunters prio for each spec when thinking about making an upgrade.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

You're missing Mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiikarii View Post
    I don't actually see how this is useful tbh, all you've done is state what they are. Why don't you try and add some values such as what amount of hit is needed for caps at different levels or what stat should hunters prio for each spec when thinking about making an upgrade.
    Thats what I am asking for! I want to basicalli compile all the basic stats, how they are useful, how they are useful for what speccs and everything, truthfully, I have started with the bare bones stuff, But I can always expand such a list with infomation like you said.

And 3clipse you raise I a good point, I did miss mastery

It's quite easy. First of all, when you hit 85 - get hitcapped! Even if its means sacrificing your other stats. Agi is that backbone of every hunter, its on every pieace of your gear, so natuarlly its quite good.

When it comes to haste and mastery, you should prio Mastery since its increase your dps more then haste does. Haste should not be forgotten, but never chosen before Mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qleoc View Post
    It's quite easy. First of all, when you hit 85 - get hitcapped! Even if its means sacrificing your other stats. Agi is that backbone of every hunter, its on every pieace of your gear, so natuarlly its quite good.

When it comes to haste and mastery, you should prio Mastery since its increase your dps more then haste does. Haste should not be forgotten, but never chosen before Mastery.

I have found I have been gathering more Haste to lower my cobra shot cast time as well as increase my focus regen for me and my pet, it seems to perform betetr as a stat than mastery for now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I have found I have been gathering more Haste to lower my cobra shot cast time as well as increase my focus regen for me and my pet, it seems to perform betetr as a stat than mastery for now.
    Like I said, haste is not to be forgotten. But Mastery is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Qleoc View Post
    Like I said, haste is not to be forgotten. But Mastery is superior.
    maybe, but only if it pushes you to the next interger, otherwise the mastery provides no benefit... It feels horrible(for me anyway) to be sitting at X.90 mastery or something like that, because you know that a large chunk of stats is being wasted... where haste is always going to be beneficial... yeah mastery is probably better overall, but when making gear choices, especially at this point in the expansion.. this should be considered

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hit (till cap)>Agility>Mastery(till cap)>Haste(till capped)>Crit>Stamina

If you get capped with Hit move on to Mastery, then Haste, then Crit.

Use femaledwarf.com you can figure stuff out there.

I am not stating stack Mastery till capped however. You do need a balance. Haste = focus regen/more shots. Crit = bigger hits obviusly.