Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you just got trolled by the tank and they wanted to be a dick about it kicking you to let a healer friend in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaerix View Post
    Wrath mindset my ass. I'm a wrath baby (well, more wrath toddler since I got to 70 about 2 days after wotlk's release) just like a lot of other people and I know damn well that CC is useful when you don't want to get murdered by certain groups.
    You were pvp then I assume
    PVE-only wrath players.. are worst kind
    the only challenging hc was HoR and they nerfed it to scale with players skills

lol you had a WOTLK tanker, yea this is why i took the role of a tank for cata... Most people are afraid to vote kick a tank with 46minute queues for dps lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo View Post
    I think you just got trolled by the tank and they wanted to be a dick about it kicking you to let a healer friend in.
    The worst random dungeon groups I've ever had consisted of 3+ people that knew each other and thought it would be fun to be an ass for no reason. Well, there are multiple kinds. There's the first that I already mentioned- a bunch of asses laughing together. The other includes one ass and a couple friends that don't want to say anything about it.

The second you can do something about- the first, you can't. Just down one boss and leave group if you're confident in your queue times.

I love when people put all the fault on "wotlk" players. There were dumb players even before wotlk you know...

OT: I hope we don't outgear heroics soon, so people actualy learn to play this game properly...

I got kicked for a similar reason in lost city. So here I am, minding my own business when tank says "Hunter, CC triangle and pull." So, I go into camo, walk over a bit, shoot my trap, and happened to be an inch or so off, tank says "omg" and so I md'd to tank, shot, correct mob ran into trap, everyting else ran to tank like normal and everything was fine. Or so I thought. I got a "You have been removed rom the group." message.

I later got yelled at because the tank broke my CC, then when I reapplied the mage decided to arcane blast it. No one blamed the mage for damaging the guy and breaking the CC. Nope, it was all my fault. And a shaman healer stole my heroic belt then the tank stole my gun. Neither thought to ask if I needed the item more. What really pisses me off is that the heals was able to roll need on a dps belt.

Deleted
    Normal is normal, it's not necessary. Unless of course your pug is full of shite players, in this case I think it was, given you wiped. Still, as the above comments state, probably just WotLK goons or something. Those palyers will be flushed out during the heroic versions of the Cata Dungeons.

-GL etc.

I have an idea that COULD work... have tiered dungeons, for 80- early 85 are normals, then have an option for the first tier, then second, etc. Kind of like a heroic, but you choose your difficulty. The only way I would see this as a problem though, is queue times for single players without a guild

I'm sorry most of you seem to be having trouble using the LFD. Most of my experiences have been great. You stay calm, explain what's going on to people if they don't know and work through it. It results in less wipes, less frustration and not wasting a queue. Instead of nerd raging for somebody doing something wrong, ask them if they realize what went wrong during the pull / boss fight and explain how/why to not do that.

I've only had one bad experience, and it was in Heroic BLC. Our tank got mad at me for not sapping mobs in combat. I explained the ability to him and he raged and tried to kick me. When he realized the vote didn't pass, he left and we had another tank in less than a minute.

One who understood how sap worked.

Its not just WotLK players. How I wish it was. Folks from vanilla are as well still programed to AOE and move on. Its going to, sadly, take a while for every one to relearn how to play. Your going to have many groups that don't want to learn until they realize they haven't a choice in the matter. Its sad but it is like that in every Xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by getz999 View Post
    Anyone remember 7 mob pulls with H MGT? Lol, people were like "woah, we need to learn shit"
    Oh god this... that was terrible with that many mobs. Grim batol has some the size of that.
    But yeah kicking for CCing, especially a crucial mob, is just plain stupid, I think they were just plain bad or stuck in wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.