Deleted

Unhappy Directx11 and ATI 5650?

Hi! an
    First of all I appologize for my bad english. So i tried to run world of warcraft on my laptop (acer 5740g) the other day with the dx11 mode on. WTF folder -> Config.wtf + added the line: SET gxApi "d3d11". When I log into the game i should see my character's reflection in the water to see if it runs dx11 but saddly... nothing changes... and sometimes the line SET gxApi "d3d11" is beeing removed from the config file. My question is: does ATI mobility RADEON HD5650 support dx11 (the site says it does!) or am I doing something wrong here?. Thanks for help

Deleted
    Step one make sure you absolutely certainly clicked the save button while editting the config.wtf
    If it still doest work you als also add "-d3d11" in the shortcut. To do this richtclick your WoW icon on the desktop. You should see quite a long link to where the file is located. At the very end insert one space by pressing the spacebar (duh) and add -d3d11 right after it. IT should work that way as well.

Deleted
    Nope... doesn't work...any other ideas?

As i understand, some time late in beta character reflections were turned off.

Deleted
    Oh so I heard that I will gain a FPS increase... well.... i think I dont. Is there any way to check if dx11 is enabled?

I have the same prob, will try the "-d3d11" first tho.

Deleted
    they removed that, u wont see your chars reflection on the water

dx11 mode only gives you a performance boost depending on your gpu, some even run the game worse on dx11 :/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    for me whenever I press the windows key in Dx9 it minimizes but in Dx11 Wow stays fullscreen and I have to go into the settings into windows mode. I also get 15-20 more FPS in Dx11 and you can see geographical features reflect off the water... thats how I know if Dx11 is enabled =D

10+ Year Old Account
    60 FPS in DX11 54 FPS DX9

Odd aint it?

Radeon Mobility HD 5870

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze611 View Post
    Odd aint it?
    Not really. The DX11 runtime is more efficient than the DX9 runtime when performing the same graphical processing.