Hey? What happened to my bear?

So, my bear pet used to be a white polar bear that I originally tamed back from Winterspring quite a while ago.

However, it looks like he may have 'Stood in the Fire' when I wasn't watching. He's now light brown with scary glowing red eyes.

Anyone else had their pet switched? I'm a tad upset because the white bear matched my mount (the white bear mount from the Stormpeak daily) so it made me feel that I was just jumping on the back of my pet and riding him.

Ok, so I could just abandon him and get a new one - but I've had him for years now and that would make me sad

A few pets had their "skins" changed yes. Petopia has a list of them here: http://www.wow-petopia.com/guides/transformed.html

I only have a hunter for an alt, and I still get attached, so I know what you mean about it not being the same if you just re-tamed another bear and gave it the same name.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine my surprise when I tamed a Scarlet Tracking Hound from SM purely because of the beautiful red coat and the mangle debuff, and named him Manglebot.

He's now no longer a hyena and has decided that he wants to become a bullmastiff. O.o

Complete with family change, he is now a Dog instead of a Hyena, which makes him a) worthless and b) his name makes no sense now.

On second thought, I think my faithful polar bear has the same debuff :/ I'm sad now. "Wintersbite" makes much less sense on a brown bear than a polar bear.

Are you going to put him down, or accept his new form however hideous it may be?

eternalwhitemoon the same thing happened to me.

It was incredibly strange.

they're a part of the cataclysm beast model reskins/changes (i.e some have gone extinct too)