26 15.38%
  • Wrath of the Lich King

9 5.33%
  • Cataclysm

134 79.29%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Expansion Thus Far

Hey all, I just want to think of what you guys consider to be the best expansion release so far. In my opinion Cataclysm blows the rest of them out of the water, and yes I did play from Vanilla.

Deleted
    Lol'd at the votes.

Haha I know this is going to be a blowout.

Deleted
    BC for me. Might be a bit nostalgia. Outland environments were really cool and Kara gives it a lot of additional points.

BC or WotLK. WoW died with Cata. Raiding is totally destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone intelligent enough to realise that it's too early in Cata to really conclude?

Well, I am.

I won't vote for now. =P

Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    Anyone intelligent enough to realise that it's too early in Cata to really conclude?

Well, I am.

I won't vote for now. =P
    That's why I said expansion release :P
    Last edited by Lapidation; 2010-12-11 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattyfathead View Post
    BC or WotLK. WoW died with Cata. Raiding is totally destroyed.
    i am agree with you,Blizzard made that u have to be nolifer to get epic gear and raiding i mean its a game u can't stay online 7/24 and farm fucking blue items and wiping in hcs

Quote Originally Posted by lebil View Post
    i am agree with you,Blizzard made that u have to be nolifer to get epic gear and raiding i mean its a game u can't stay online 7/24 and farm fucking blue items and wiping in hcs

You're just way too used to WoTLK to be honest. If you think this is hard, you should have seen vanilla wow where epics actually meant something. They're finally re-introducing what should have been established long ago. It's still easy to get epics actually, they're just not tossed at you like in Wrath.

As far as releases go, this has easily been the most stable expac I have played for any game, as for content the jury is still otu obviously but it also has had a fantastic start in that direction as well.

Played since Vanilla and raided weekly, at least when our guild could find a group.
    Raided the most during BC, constantly farmed heroics for gear and did entry level raids up until SSC/TK, when my guild fell apart.
    Raided early WotLK, Maly/OS/Naxx, quit playing for awhile, missed out on the majority of Uld/ToC, raided heavily during LK.
    Currently leveling for Cata, but have done several dungeons so far and seen videos of the raids.

I didn't think any were bad, but like any expansion I'm excited to see what content we have for every patch/expansion in whole. Because Blizz learned from their past mistakes, I think Cata will be one of the best. Won't know for sure until it's over.

I have only done Cata beta so far, but as for best x-pac id have to say BC, they realy started to make the change to zones and instance. And raiding was a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lebil View Post
    I just had a guild member quit because I wasn't on for 3 days for finals. 3 freaking days and people quit. The air with WoW is slowly becoming the one thing I hated about vanilla. It's becoming a nolifer thing, where if you have a life outside of WoW you might as well give up. Queue times are over 30 minutes, that's on a good day I've had them over 50. Just seems to me that maybe things have gotten harder but there is a price to pay for it.

Deleted
    Burning crusade.
    No doubt here.

-The raids were big enough, awesome in an artistic way, and challenging.
    -I don't like to keep doing the SAME raid i've been doing 2-3 months on heroic all over again, because also i have been farming it and trying it on normal mode.
    -Videos while questing is a cool adition of this Cataclysm expansion, but the zones... lack something else. They are so suffocatting. Especially Vasjir, Deepholm and Mt. Hyjal. Also, there are only 5 new zones (without goblins and worgen)... that sucks. In the TBC there was 7(without belves and draenei zones), in wotlk 8 (without counting dk zone and crystalsong) The worst of all 3 exp. It's no excuse saying "but we revamped the world".
    -Wotlk was good at the beggining, then you feel it's the same thing a bit shiny than before. At least this time they really made the big change.
    -Leveling in Cataclysm is extremely easy and fast. Liked the TBC and Wotlk level progression. This time its shit. 37man on my server were 85 in just 10 hours...
    -An we can go forth...

Yes, cataclysm is so cool, espectacular graphics, videos, etc. It's a new product right now. But we should judge it for what it haves, not for what it shines. And it has less content than the 2 expansions appeared before. Simply and clearly.

Cata is the worst imho. BC is best. Also this poll is pointless, you have played cata less than week and you already think its the best.
    My worst opinion based on talent tree changes, hunters changes and making different calsses usless. Example is you dont need shaman he can be replaced by hunter who has rare pet. Pally and drood buffs are same so no difference wich one you take.
    Also lack of new content. Can you imagine what happens if all those players gather mats from same area. There is no place for gathering proffessions, i already see it.
    Also all talks about CC in dungeons, what hapens when you get none CC classes in LFD ??? All this CC wil be crap, but i would love to see it but still its not working.

defintly NOT WOTLK, lol

Deleted
    It's like playing a whole new game, Cataclysm owns vanilla, yes vanilla, or you like items with 15+agi/sta/int and you are cool?...
    Cataclysm owns BC, WotLK..
    As i see it now, the expansion had a very big success, many people are very satisfied with it, so am I, of course it's a rule, that some people want to be different, just because they don't want to be part of the mass...well i feel the way i want to...I don't care about mass..
    Cataclysm owns WoW...enjoy it <3 to all, haters and non haters..

Damn, look at that poll. But hey, it's what we all expected.

I of course vote Cata.

Gonna have to say Cata. I've been playing since the last days of Vanilla and I've seen the release of BC. A lot has changed but with content and questing. I'm gonna have to say Cataclysm right now. I like the difficulty and it's probably manageable with a life. At least, with my life.