Thread: DPS Question

Deleted

DPS Question

Hi all i'm fairly new and playing lock and i'm finding myself 1k-2k dps behind everyone else, I'm getting my dps rotation right and my spell stats are the same as the other locks and i cant understand why? I have 50 ms and only get 10 fps in 25 man raid combat would that effect it?

Do i need to use stopcasting macros?
    Is spamming keys when casting bad?
    Should i only press a new spell as the cast is about to finish?
    Do i need an addon like snowfallkey press?

I just dont understand how i can be so far behind with the right rotation and same spell stats :S

10 fps isnt that much but i would say its more about experience
    i play with snowfallKeyPress just to mention it.
    you simply have to minimize your downtime while moving or such things and spamming your keys all the time is never worse than doing it only when the cast is about to finish.
    the main problem i noticed with everybody who is behind someone else is that they dont spam their keys. so they have downtime between their casts.
    another thing is your cd management. dunno what cds locks have but you have to use them wisely and only move if its necessary. the best thing you can do while moving is to use some nice instants so that you dont have any downtime.
    its also about crit luck. sometimes you have 20% less crit sometimes you have 20% more crit.
    but in general you have to gain experience through playing and that will take some time. nothing to worry about imo

Deleted
    Experience and Practice i guess elex. Tbh aslong as your doing a significant amount of DPS to the target i wouldn't worry about what others are doing. Dont forget Raids are about people working together not against each other trying to beat them

What spec are you? (also pls post your rotation)
    *something else to keep in mind while lvling to 85 and running dungeons, casters right now are having a hard time finding hit on gear. If you are only sitting on 10 to 12% hit then dont expect to do your max potential in dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 FPS is ouchu.

Have you lowered all graphic options to minimum and turned off allo extras like shadows or anything else? An FPS that low will absolutely inhibit your performance!

Spamming a spell while another one is casting is fine. In fact I think it's what most players do. ;P You can also try to stand away from your raid during an encounter to minimise the FPS loss.

Good luck!

Deleted
    Destruction seems to have improve but affliction still isnt all that.

Affliction
    Spell Damage: 5372
    Crit: 12.7 %
    Miss: 4.4 %
    Buffed DPS
    Shadow Bolt DPS: 2,846.2
    Corruption DPS: 1,670.8
    Unstable Affliction DPS: 1,648.0
    Drain Soul DPS: 1,420.3
    Bane of Agony DPS: 1,193.7
    Soul Fire DPS: 713.4
    Haunt DPS: 702.1
    Felhunter DPS: 355.5
    Nightfall DPS: 243.8
    Total DPS: 10,793.8 dps

I've noticed Drain soul is included in that at 1,400 but i cant do that on a dummy so is that the problem? I'm still 500 or so short though if that was where i was going wrong

Rotation is Demon soul > Haunt > bane of agony > corruption > UA Souldburn/SF > Shadow bolt (With fell hunter)

Min dps after 5 mins 8.6k Max 8.9k

This is with just 3% damage and 8% spelldamage

On the target dummy both raid and 85 seem to be the same so i'm presuming its not a hit problem?
    Dot is near enough 100% uptime give or take 0.5/1 sec here and there for soulfire/SB cast to finish but its more or less upp full time.