Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Quest Exp -> .25 Guild Exp Now, Small Guild Nerfed again?

From cata launch until lastnight, quest exp have always resulted in the same amount in guild exp.

This morning launch, it's now 1 to .25 relation, i.e 20k quest give 5k guild exp.

It doesn't seem like a big deal at first but if you look at it this way.

6 Million guild exp daily cap, that means 24 million QUEST exp, to further put things in perspective, 82-83 takes about 4 mil exp. So for a small guild say of 5 people, you have to level everyday for 133 days to even reach the guild cap at a decent pace.

I don't think there's even enough quests in the game to support this for small guilds.

Does blizzard intend this or us to reroll alts over and over just to level the guild?

guilds wich concist out of only 5 people don't need/deserve getting a level 25 guild anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    i find it stupid that we have to wait almost 5 months to get to lvl 25

Deleted
    So you see the cap as too high? Or the exp too slow? I don't know what kind of guild are you in, but when I log on at 7 am my guild has already reached the daily cap for his day.

Quote Originally Posted by Saraki View Post
    guilds wich concist out of only 5 people don't need/deserve getting a level 25 guild anyway.
    i don't know about Deserve, but blizz has stated the system is slated towards larger guilds. just invite a ton of lowbies and callit a leveling guild and reap the benefits of having a whole bunch of lowbies being... well, lowbies. its like your own sweatshop! i mean.... a guild where everyone is contributing!

Quote Originally Posted by Justsstig View Post
    From cata launch until lastnight, quest exp have always resulted in the same amount in guild exp.

This morning launch, it's now 1 to .25 relation, i.e 20k quest give 5k guild exp.

It doesn't seem like a big deal at first but if you look at it this way.

6 Million guild exp daily cap, that means 24 million QUEST exp, to further put things in perspective, 82-83 takes about 4 mil exp. So for a small guild say of 5 people, you have to level everyday for 133 days to even reach the guild cap at a decent pace.

I don't think there's even enough quests in the game to support this for small guilds.

Does blizzard intend this or us to reroll alts over and over just to level the guild?
    Only have a couple people in your guild and you want 25th lvl at the same rate as the bigger guilds?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Sorry to make fun of you, but it's only to go along with your QQ you're giving us. I could understand if there was an issue it was a 10-15 (active) person guild. But let's be honest here: You're complaining about 5 people. That's not a guild: That's a group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So you see the cap as too high? Or the exp too slow? I don't know what kind of guild are you in, but when I log on at 7 am my guild has already reached the daily cap for his day.
    Pretty much this, I log on and see that guild xp is capped, you dont seem to be helping at all <.<

Join a bigger guild! We had 71 people online when the cap reset, and within 20 minutes, we'd hit it again :P

But seriously, you'll get it eventually. Not everything can be catered to fit everyone perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are saying that five-man guilds don't deserve to reach the cap, yet I've seen my guild cap out with just me, a ret pally, and a warrior online. When you think of the grand scheme of things, taking 133 days to get the HIGHEST GUILD LEVEL POSSIBLE and therefore reaping ALL OF THE PERKS isn't the wildest thing ever. Not even a half a year in a tiny guild for all the perks sounds like a deal to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

In deffence for the OP, why accomodate smaller guilds in one aspect (same lockout for 10 and 25 raids with the same loot) and then gimp them in another. Although, I could see blizzard wanting to commend larger guilds. It's not easy putting together a large active guild, so why not encourage it?

I don't see why you should have to invite a bunch of randoms to gain benefits. We're a 10man guild which means we are 10 people, and now we're getting behind cause we can't keep up with the amount of exp required.

Yeah join a bigger guild.

Within 4 hours of it resetting, we had the cap again. We had a little over 55 people online when it reset.

If blizzard thinks it's a little off that guilds are capping their daily experience per day in a couple hours, then they are not looking at down the road. Right now everyone is rushing to 85. All these quests from 80-85 give out huge amounts of experience. What is going to happen to the guilds who have all their main members level capped in the first week? Forced to do 25 dailies every day? Go quest in the rest of the zones of cataclysm? Well I already did all the cata zones in the first 3 days. So, now what? Level alts? And does a level 8 give as much guild experience per quest turn in as a level 83 does? If not, then what's the sense in making new alts to help level the guild? The biggest problem I see is after the first few weeks, how are guilds going to keep up the pace of leveling the guild, when most are done leveling?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furgg View Post
    In deffence for the OP, why accomodate smaller guilds in one aspect (same lockout for 10 and 25 raids with the same loot) and then gimp them in another. Although, I could see blizzard wanting to commend larger guilds. It's not easy putting together a large active guild, so why not encourage it?
    This is a very good point. On the face of it, they are contradictary incentives:

Guild perks -> larger guilds
    Loot/achieves/logistics -> smaller guilds

But doesn't that make it more likely the happy medium becomes:

Large guild with multiple small teams

Then, at a later date:

MONSTER guilds with many small and some large teams and one skill-capped 25-man team!

Besides, there's no way Blizzard would ever tune the daily guild XP cap for guilds with 5 or less people since this means every single multiboxer in the game could progress at the same rate as guilds with more than one person...
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-11 at 05:55 PM.

I'm also in a small guild, and agree that it is a little too slow for small guilds. I am in a lowbie leveling guild with about 25 members, 10-15 fairly active, but we only get xp if solo questing, since we don't have enough people in the same level range for guild runs of dungeons. I am fine with leveling up slower, that is no problem for me, but at my guild's current rate it will take close to a month per level, which seems a bit excessive.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

They need to multiply the experience required for each level by 5. And then multiply the cap by 5. They can remove experience from solo questing. The experience and rep in and of itself is the reward, the reward for doing something as a guild, should be the guild experience reward

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedklown View Post
    If blizzard thinks it's a little off that guilds are capping their daily experience per day in a couple hours, then they are not looking at down the road. Right now everyone is rushing to 85. All these quests from 80-85 give out huge amounts of experience. What is going to happen to the guilds who have all their main members level capped in the first week? Forced to do 25 dailies every day? Go quest in the rest of the zones of cataclysm? Well I already did all the cata zones in the first 3 days. So, now what? Level alts? And does a level 8 give as much guild experience per quest turn in as a level 83 does? If not, then what's the sense in making new alts to help
    level the guild? The biggest problem I see is after the first few weeks, how are guilds going to keep up the pace of leveling the guild, when most are done leveling?
    You have to keep in mind the intention for the guild perks are. Blizzard is trying to push a different aspect into the game. Individual questa are not the only way to lvl and once you reach lvl cap it definitely won't be the most efficient way of guild lvling. Their (blizzard) saying the if your guild can work together to earn achievements and conquer new content then you get rewarded, if you don't want to then just ignore that aspect of the game. There is nothing in the rewards that can make one guild better than the other, just mostly cosmetic rewards.

My guild [Whats Threat on Vashj server] is small with 10-15 active players. Only 5 or 6 people have Cataclysm right now, and they have been leveling and doing dungeons. We hit the xp cap, or come very close, every day. I had wanted to start recruiting more players to help level faster, but it doesn't really seem like it will make a big difference right now. Also the rest of us will be getting cata and contributing to xp soon enough. Basically, it doesn't seem like our small guild, with 2-8 people online at a time, has much trouble with leveling. I certainly don't feel like bigger guilds have a guild leveling edge over us.

Not everyone enjoy being in a huge guild and who are you to say you guys don't deserve these perks... we pay the same 15 a month as everyone else, so give us a fair shot at getting somewhere at a decent clip?

ok first off my guild is not big maybe an active 15 people right now and most of them are done leveling and we still manage to get xp capped in 2 hours or less. Also for those complaining on how long its going to take to get to lvl 25. Stop qqing. Learn to work torwards something instead of being awarded stuff like for ICC.