Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Disc Vs Holy Mana Regen

Just wondering from those who have played around with both disc and holy in heroic dungeons if they had an easier time on one or the other conserving mana. Currently Disc and not having too much trouble.

Deleted
    i see allot priest having problems with mana specialy holy,
    i ask em why they dont use arch angels and they all go :@

why not ? it uses smite, chakra has a smite buff why not ?
    its 25% mana back & a mana reduc buff
    down side is you need to cast offensive spells, so no healing

edite: this statement is totaly wrong
    apolize at #11
    Last edited by mmocea8dfff509; 2010-12-12 at 06:33 AM.

Deleted
    From my experience, it all depends on the group, are the DPS good so they dont take random random that can be avoided? Because that makes me oom incredibly fast. Is the tank gemming stamina? (Like 100% of the tanks I've been with >.<) Otherwise, disc and holy is not that much different for me....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure I read on EJ that even with the nerf to Rapture (the disc talent) is still regenerates more mana than Holy Concentration (the holy talent). I might be wrong however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    "RAWRIMABEAR" only goes so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corola10 View Post
    i see allot priest having problems with mana specialy holy,
    i ask em why they dont use arch angels and they all go :@

why not ? it uses smite, chakra has a smite buff why not ?
    its 25% mana back & a mana reduc buff
    down side is you need to cast offensive spells, so no healing
    Archangel is currently a return of 1% mana per stack of eva, so that's 5% mana return which is basically less (with current mana pools) than the cost of 5 smites, making it an exercise in time wasting for mana returns, however the healing buff is nice, though unnecessary for holy. As for disc with atonement, AA becomes more viable and the buff to healing is nice, still most likely unnecessary. However once we have more intellect, with Enlightenment, Discipline may find the 5% mana return becoming beneficial.

I really fail to see how Archangel/Atonement/Evangelism are even worth the 5 point investment. You can do so much better with those points by spreading them into Holy, or hell, even Shadow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    I really fail to see how Archangel/Atonement/Evangelism are even worth the 5 point investment. You can do so much better with those points by spreading them into Holy, or hell, even Shadow.
    They're not better. They're an absolute waste of points if you intend on doing PvE. Only bads take Atonement, Archangel and Evangelism for PvE. Disc regen is absolutely fine. People just need to learn how to heal again and try to ignore their Flash Heal button.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not having mana problems with either of them.., tho I try to have as much spirit as possible. I use my heal spells like blizz intended, Heal like 90% of the time, flash heal ONLY if someone is about to die, maybe people run oom cause they keep spamming flash heal..?

They're not better. They're an absolute waste of points if you intend on doing PvE.
    Hence why I said you can do much better by using those points elsewhere

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    i was going oom too bad with disc, reason was i was playing a LK style and oviosly it does not work, using heal a lot more and itll be better, not perfect though...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadanzi View Post
    Archangel is currently a return of 1% mana per stack of eva, so that's 5% mana return which is basically less (with current mana pools) than the cost of 5 smites, making it an exercise in time wasting for mana returns, however the healing buff is nice, though unnecessary for holy. As for disc with atonement, AA becomes more viable and the buff to healing is nice, still most likely unnecessary. However once we have more intellect, with Enlightenment, Discipline may find the 5% mana return becoming beneficial.
    ok got numbers wrong again >_>
    it was indeed 1% not 5% or 3% each stack
    but i kinda agree it actualy is bad i tried it & i just didnt work to much mana + healing time loss
    Last edited by mmocea8dfff509; 2010-12-12 at 06:35 AM.

Are you saying a Hoyl priest should use Smite?

Waht are you smoking and can i have some?

please figure out the combination of talents you need ot actually use that before suggesting this simply retarded idea.. or do you have more talent points than the rest of us?

I've been using Discipline spec for running heroics and raiding (well, just Baradin Hold so far =P). I've gone into Atonement/Evangelism/Archangel, as one smite heals for about the same as casting Heal and then gives you the Evangelism buff and therefore Archangel. So you get the 5% mana return, 5 Heal casts, a healing buff, and around 1k extra DPS on the target. During our Baradin Hold run, I was able to maintain my mana pretty well by stacking Shadowfiend with Hymn of Hope, using Inner Focus and Power Infusion on cooldown. And actually, the extra 1-1.5k DPS I did on the boss helped in the long run as our gear and DPS aren't that great yet. Compared to Holy, it seems that Disc is using less mana for the same or better job.

Deleted
    well i was going from the statement from blizz: you actualy can dps to gain mana back or something like that
    thought it is "true" you can get mana back from dps but its just doesnt give any benefit

but OK, im taking my words back posted in #11