Question in regards to tabards and rep in cataclysm.

I saw in the post http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...maximum-amount that they are removing the spam that says your rep is full and your no longer gaining guild rep.

Well my question is, how do you know you've reached your current max and it's safe to switch tabards to an NPC rep? I saw a current/max xp bar for guild, but i didn't see anything for rep.

When basically you,see that you stop gaining it,or u reach ur daily/weekly cap

You gain guild rep independently of faction rep. It's gained every time you do something that would earn guild experience.

Quote Originally Posted by c4tuna View Post
    You gain guild rep independently of faction rep. It's gained every time you do something that would earn guild experience.
    I thought you gained guild rep while wearing a guild tabard instead of the NPC reps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boazjuggalo View Post
    I thought you gained guild rep while wearing a guild tabard instead of the NPC reps?
    No you don't need your guild Tabard on, Feel free to use a Faction/NPC tabard

So is there any benefit to wearing a guild tabard? Our guild leader had in the guild notes that we had to have it on to get the stuff... Ugly orange and purple with a cat head tabard...

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's just there for show I guess, used to be a Tabard you got with out any requirements or anything but yea doesn't really serve any purpose other than looks