Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic instances are to long

I dont mean to hard, I mean to long. Im all for more difficult encounters, but atm most instances are an hour 1/2 long sometimes 2 hours depending.

Now, the times it takes 2 hours is because I am in with a random group, so that doesnt help. With guildies its about an hour with maybe 3 wipes (new shit is new right?)
    Even without wipes I have noticed some take an hour. I dont want heroics to be 15min like in LK, but an hour is pushing it. 2 hours in a random is just insane, its almost a raid at that point.

Im not asking for a nerf, in fact Im not really asking for anything. Im just frustrated that everything seems to take forever. Trash takes forever to die, and boss fights are 10 - 15min at times.

Sorry if this seems like im bitching, I think Im more annoyed at bad players (myself included at times) then I anything else. I played back in vanilla and BC, but going from LK to this is just a hard transition I guess.

Anyone else feel this way?

Run with better DPS? If bosses are taking 15 minutes, you are with a horrible group. These threads are getting so annoying...once we all have gear they will go faster and turn into aoe just like in the last 3 versions. People need to stop writing these complaining posts and take that time to get better at the game
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

1) Guessing you started playing in WotLK so there's your first and biggest problem
    2) 80-90% of the 5mans are like 5 or less bosses, same as wotlk. The game is a week old and ppl are in blue and green gear. WotLK 5mans took just as long in the beginning.

I actually like the idea of a long heroic but with rewards balanced according to the time it takes. I'd rather run the same 2-3 hour long heroic 10 times over the course of a month and get the same reward as running the same 15-30 minute heroic 100 times over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post
    1) Guessing you started playing in WotLK so there's your first and biggest problem
    2) 80-90% of the 5mans are like 5 or less bosses, same as wotlk. The game is a week old and ppl are in blue and green gear. WotLK 5mans took just as long in the beginning.
    You obviously didnt read what I wrote.

In the start of LK, heroics took 30min, 45min tops. I hit the lvl cap and started running heroics in the same time period as I did now.

what boss fight is taking you 10-15 mins? and what healer sustains mana that long.

heroics are fine, an instance takes a max of maybe an hour to run with a few wipes for me. I dont know who you are running with if an instance is taking you 2 hours long.

edit: LK was a screw up. blizzard admitted it. Heroics are supposed to last an hour and be hard. Lich King dumbed things down to easily so they were being pushed out in a day. Same with raid content and everyone skipped normals.

Just going to have to be patient in this expansion

15+ Year Old Account
    That's funny, because I clear heroics in about 45 minutes. 0.o

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

We'll see. The longer length might be appropriate.

Because there is a fairly low weekly justice (I think it's justice. In my mind it's just P.v.E honor) cap, raiders won't have to run heroics after they've picked up the gear they need from specific bosses. So, theoretically, for the people actually running heroics, this'll be the extent of their endgame content. In that case, longer is better because they'll presumably be having fun during that time.

I.E., in wrath heroics were farmed endlessly by everyone, so shorter was desirable. In cataclysm, they won't.

Edit: Also that length sounds much longer than I've experienced. Are you secretly counting a lot of wipes?

10+ Year Old Account
    and boss fights are 10 - 15min at times.
    No boss fight lasts that long, i know it, you know it, we know it.
    Longest boss fight so far was 6 minutes with 1 dps down halfway. And healer will be OOM around 3-4 minutes depending on the fight.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    I think the last boss in DM is the longest fight in heroic dungeons, iv done all of them except throne of the tides.

Also only dungeon that lasted for 90min was DM when we ran it for the first time. Every other lasted for less then 60 maybe Halls of Origination lasted around 75 min when we done it for the first time. Also this was done in premade grps with gear that wouldn't allow us to queue for heroics, so pugs might take longer but the would have the gear advantage.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post
    you didn't even read the OP's post. nice.
    proof ? he said: I played back in vanilla and BC, but going from LK to this is just a hard transition I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekx View Post
    and boss fights are 10 - 15min at times.
    Just tonight, I ran with a guild group into Lost City Heroic. We had two new 85s who hadn't seen the fights before. The first boss nuked them both in the first explosion, when he was at about 75% health or some such. The three of us remaining (thankfully including healer and tank) still killed the boss. It took maybe about 6 minutes. Healer still had about 30-50% mana remaining.

We cleared the whole thing, including a couple wipes on the second to last boss, in just about an hour. And this is including explaining boss dynamics to the new blood.

Frankly, most of the issues with the content boil down to the players. Healing can't keep up? That's because your DPS are taking damage they shouldn't be and/or CC isn't being done properly. Heroics taking too long? Either people are farting around, or you're wiping a lot because they aren't doing it right. There's a reason why my guild groups go significantly faster and easier than PUGs.

Deleted
    Raid bosses aren't even taking 15 minutes... or maybe just that, heroic bosses take 2 minutes on average for us. Your DPS must either be REALLY low, or you take ages for someone to actually start CC and you have a tank who keeps very very slowly explaining that you're sheeping a moon and trapping a square etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the last boss in DM is the longest fight in heroic dungeons, iv done all of them except throne of the tides.
    I dont see h DM that way, i see it as a double dungeon, you first run half of it until cookie, then you run the nightmare mode deadmines, with 3 extra minibosses with no loot and vancleef at the end. Halls of Origination is similar on the first boss, 4 minibosses with no loot, then one boss, that part takes longer than the last 4 bosses.

But i do understand the OP here, there is a frustration when you keep wiping on heroic bosses that have really annoying mechanics, wiping 1-2 times is fine, but once you wipe 5-6 times, it starts to get frustrating, people want to quit, they know they are fucking up, they could do better, and there is a high chance that the holy paladin gear will drop and the group has no paladins (if you know what i mean). When that happens, at the end of the heroic, you dont even want to run another anymore.
    But everything will get better with more gear, bosses will die faster, healer wont OOM, and we will have enough dps to make up for someone who screws up and died earlier.

Im not joking when i say what our guild's disc priest told me: "Some of these fights are harder than 2 healing heroic lich king".
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    But i do understand the OP here
    Well i don't understand how you understand the op when your answer is hard to understand in relating with i understand from the op understandings. Do you understand me?

You answer is like my country politicians answer, long, bad and not related with the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wailing Caverns. That is all.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Dm is too long i dont know if i would enter there again when i get everything i needed.Same for Halls of Origination

Deleted
    afaik they are just the same lenght as normal...

U will cry in one year that u can faceroll hero in 15 min. Ye it will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics aren't long at all, the longest I've spent inside one is about 1 hour 20 minutes, and that was one of the first we ran and wiped several times.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K