Low fps on ultra

I've been having this problem of low fps on ultra for a long time while many websites say my pc is more than up for it. Even now I read the article on the front page about tom's hardware I really don't get what's the problem.

My specs are:

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3
    Memory: Kingston 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM x2 = 4GB
    Video card: ATI Radeon 5850 HD
    Harddisk: SAMSUNG HD103SJ SATA Disk Device
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Direct X 11

I run everything on full ultra and only get a measly 32 fps. and even on high quality I sometimes go down to like 15 fps (usually 60 fps).

Turn shadows on low or medium, they're a massive hog and are pretty much not noticeable anyways.

This helped somewhat but it's still not running very smoothly. Around 40-50 fps now

What's your multisampling at? Lowering that a bit too will give you a drastic boost.

Also, about 60 fps on ultra settings seems about right for that setup.

Set my multisampling from 8x to 4x and it works great now, thanks!

Schanpples. Yeah, there may be some people that disagree, but I find that the difference between shadows/multisampling from high to low to be pretty much not noticeable.

Deleted
    how much fps do you have in sw/ogrimmar? i have the same cpu but my gpu is a GTX460 and there i have ~45/50fps...looking at the tom's hardware guide at the front page i fear it could be fault of the cpu : \

Also what addons you using? For me sometimes SLDT for example bugs out and I go from a stable 60fps (vsync on) to 1-30 fps on ultra. Your computer looks more powerful than mine and mine runs wow on ultra with everything high (cept multisampling it can run with that but the water bugs out for me =/ ) very smoothly so yea should be able to.

Oh and Razile might just have something to do with the hundreds upon hundreds of people flying and running etc.

have you edited your config so wow actually uses dx11?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by talitu View Post
    have you edited your config so wow actually uses dx11?
    i dont know if is only me, but if i use the dx11, i can only set the refresh rate to 59 : \

A steady 60 FPS is superb for playing warcraft really. and sure when there are alot of particals and a billion people in orgrimmar then it might drop to 40. but even then you can play it without lagg really.

Deleted
    I never understood why anyone would insist on having so much fps, you do realize that everything above 30 fps is almost unnoticeable for the human eye right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marydoll View Post
    I never understood why anyone would insist on having so much fps, you do realize that everything above 30 fps is almost unnoticeable for the human eye right?
    i know but its just annoying when you have a new pc and not everithing goes 60 fps with all settings at max

Well I really do notice a big difference between 30 and 60 fps. And btw in my WTF folder I couldn't find the line that said anything about dx so I added a line myself, does that work aswell?

Don't know about you, but I notice a huge difference between 55 and 60 FPS. When I suspect it's not 60 I take a look at the reading and immediately know I'm right (yet at the same time I hate being so sensitive to FPS changes).

Also, not sure why 60 is the magic number that everything runs so smoothly at, but above that threshold the quality doesn't seem to improve further. Anything under 60, though, is starkly apparent [to me].

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    Don't know about you, but I notice a huge difference between 55 and 60 FPS. When I suspect it's not 60 I take a look at the reading and immediately know I'm right (yet at the same time I hate being so sensitive to FPS changes).

Also, not sure why 60 is the magic number that everything runs so smoothly at, but above that threshold the quality doesn't seem to improve further. Anything under 60, though, is starkly apparent [to me].
    Your monitor refreshes at 60Hz, hence 60 is the magic number for fps on most computers, though there are 75Hz and 120Hz monitors out there, so on these you would notice a difference.