Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Anyone else feeling fustrated, Hopeless, And depressed during LFG Heroic Dungeons?

I really cant even begin to explain how frustrating it is...

Lemmi just say, im someone who has wiped on onyxia a couple dozen times. It never bothered me. You cant expect 40 mans to run smoothly. First week of magtheridon release, my guildies and i had to farm fire pots to absorb infernal/fire patch damage... It took us probably 20 wipes a shit load of consumable farming, and tears! 20 wipes later we got the kill, i was happy, i never bitched, never complained.

Now, here i am in LFG. FOR 45 MINS! I get into a group, we clear for 10 mins to the first boss... We pull, we wipe. 2 people leave, we replace those 2 people. We pull again, another wipe. The whole group disbands.

Why!? Do people just magically think that by leaving LFG, and requeuing they will become a better player?

It burns my soul, it really does.

You got tanks having zero clue what to do, you try to explain it to them. Beg them to check out a video or two, and they refuse. Its just amazing to me.

Now healers are the worst, the really good healers are off somewhere running with guildies and friends. The LFG healers are the players who picked up a couple healing pieces while questing/doing regs and decided hmmm "if i heal ill get into heroics faster..." and fail horribly causing groups to split after a couple trash pulls. Then there is the WOTLK style healer, spamming heals like mana does not exist. 15 sec into the boss fight "OOM sorry..." argggggg! Im going to level my resto shaman(ex main) just so i can heal well, to show people THIS IS HOW U HEAL!

LFG giving me shitty ass group comps.
    Bear tank
    priest
    Warrior
    Deathknight
    Warlock - Me

What the fuck kinda group is that for heroics. I got this comp for H HoO. We looked at each other like "wtf is this..."

Im lucky to have a couple guild runs a day, but i cant have a guild run when ever i want!

So im forced to hop in groups, spend 1-2hrs to leave an heroic dungeon incomplete.

Im also noticing a lot of bitchy activity during runs. Like plate dps taking tank loot, cloth dps needing on precious spirit loot. What the fuck are you people thinking!? Healing is difficult enough rite now, why would you take a healers gear? Tanks are rare as fuck, why would you take a tanks gear? You might as well go to that players house, spend the day with them cooking a big dinner, then when its time to eat around the table, SMACK the food out of their mouth, smash the plate filled with food on the floor, and leave.

I really dont know what else to say man. I might as well make a video for my channel.

Shit just got real, ty cataclysm.
    Last edited by TheEverydayDre; 2010-12-12 at 12:27 PM.

www.youtube.com/TheEverydayDre Cata raid vids coming soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    as much as i feel your pain, i'm also loving the 'retard filter' cata seems to have, esp heroics.

The shit you take for it now, with bad groups, longs queues and half finished instances, will be worth it in a few months when (hopefully) the only people left healing and tanking are the ones that can handle it, and are great (not that i'm biased or anything :P )

You tank and healer friends should be your best mates right now

Deleted
    Just get guild groups togeather, pugging isnt a fun way to play imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEverydayDre View Post

Bear tank
    Shadow priest
    Warrior
    Deathknight
    Warlock - Me

What the fuck kinda group is that for heroics. I got this comp for H HoO. We looked at each other like "wtf is this..."
    A Mind Control from a Priest is THE best CC for H HoO. There are plenty of inturupts in that comp as well.
    Take time to explain pulls including bosses to avoid wipes with players you don't know. It may take longer but it may avoid rage quit and lead to successful kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm if priest mind controll who heals?
    and i think the priest was shodow doing dailys stuff^^

Oh give it a few more weeks for the masses catch up, the nerfs will be rollin in left and right to heroics so the casuals and bads can get gear also thats a fact, it's happened before it will happen again.
    Oh hi

(ಠ.ಠ) Im begging the WoW gods to just give me a break...

I gots nothing but time these days, i got 3 weeks off work, winter vacation...

I really just want to spend time farming heroics, and gearing up for raiding soon.

If pugs ran smoothly, people read/knew a little about the fights, played well i could do so much with my time.

ARG so frustrating, now im going to level my resto shaman because im disgusted at how bad some people are healing. When a healer tries to tell me healing is hard, and that person is spamming wild growth, and spamming greater healing wave's, then turns around and says "Opps sorry oom" it really pisses me off.

Question to all...

Why the fuck am i always 10-20% higher than most puggers on dps. I see rogues doing 5k dps... Trying to fan everything, then you got deathknights pulling crap dps, and standing in everything getting cleaved and shit. Ret paladins 90% of them suck... Im pulling 11-14k on a boss, they are pulling 4k. Its far too prevalent!
    Last edited by TheEverydayDre; 2010-12-12 at 12:29 PM.

I think the biggest obstacle so far is people joining queues and getting a dungeon they haven't done and don't know any of the boss fights, and not saying anything.

All my dungeons inevitably end with a wipe on the first boss, three people saying, "I've never been here lol" and two random people dropping group, followed by a third since for some reason dropping group is contageous, especially if you're retarded.

Since I don't raid with my guild anymore, I started a new Druid to level as a Bear tank after I got my main to 85 on Wednesday. Going to spend two weeks getting him to 85 and hopefully by then the retard factor will have calmed down and I can run heroics on him.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought heroics were supposed to be done after everyone farmed non heroics for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Oh give it a few more weeks for the masses catch up, the nerfs will be rollin in left and right to heroics so the casuals and bads can get gear also thats a fact, it's happened before it will happen again.
    Im patiently waiting for things to go to the ground again... At this point i really dont care for heroics. I just want my gear so i can start raiding. Im that frustrated rite now.

Bear tank
    Shadow priest
    Warrior
    Deathknight
    Warlock - Me
    wow, no healer? i see your problem, unless the spriest had heal OS, but why list her/him as a spriest then...
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Deleted
    I'm feeling a bit more frustrated, degraded. It's like I'm down before I'm done. Rejected, depressed and I can't get what I want.

My brain would like to excuse everyone for that horrible reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Plus points for not including bads in casuals or vice versa.
    Minus points for implying it.

Bear tank
    Shadow priest
    Warrior
    Deathknight
    Warlock - Me
    Since when do you get groups without healers?
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

Deleted
    Why the fuck am i always 10-20% higher than most puggers on dps. I see rogues doing 5k dps... Trying to fan everything, then you got deathknights pulling crap dps, and standing in everything getting cleaved and shit.
    I feel your pain on this one. I generally am pulling 10-12k dps on boss fights and looking at the other dps rocking out at about 5-6k... Had a lock in Pinnacle today tell me I was bad while pulling 10k dps while he was at an amazing 2k >.< (and no I didn't pull aggro off the tank or miss a single interrupt)

Quote Originally Posted by Muoteck View Post
    priest priest... Not shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Muoteck View Post
    The SPriest could have signed as Healer/DPS and just joined in Shadow Spec /MysterySolved

And ya i feel the pain, i don't like being in a guild with tons of fucking stupid rules etc, so i am forced to use the LFDTool, and it's not fun when you get into a group after FOURTY FIVE MINUTES OF WAITING only to have the group go balls up after the first wipe because the stupid DK didnt move from the green shit on the floor.
    Last edited by Nzo; 2010-12-12 at 12:30 PM.
    Oh hi

I think it's hilarious that people are unable to read threads before replying. I mean, I understand on some 12 page monstrosity, but there's 11 replies to this thread and 4 of them are comments about the group not having a healer.(Obviously the Shadow Priest was questing while waiting for the queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you cant do a guild run, at least search for people in trade and do a server run. There you know the people at least a bit and they won't be total jerks/quiters, since they're on the same server and somewhat care about their image.

Deleted
    (ಠ.ಠ) Im begging the WoW gods to just give me a break...

I gots nothing but time these days, i got 3 weeks off work, winter vacation...

I really just want to spend time farming heroics, and gearing up for raiding soon.

If pugs ran smoothly, people read/knew a little about the fights, played well i could do so much with my time.

ARG so frustrating, now im going to level my resto shaman because im disgusted at how bad some people are healing. When a healer tries to tell me healing is hard, and that person is spamming wild growth, and spamming greater healing wave's, then turns around and says "Opps sorry oom" it really pisses me off.

Question to all...

Why the fuck am i always 10-20% higher than most puggers on dps. I see rogues doing 5k dps... Trying to fan everything, then you got deathknights pulling crap dps, and standing in everything getting cleaved and shit. Ret paladins 90% of then suck... Im pulling 11-14k on a boss, they are pulling 4k. Its far too prevalent!
    I know how ya feel, sucks to be doing 12k dps in a normal and pulling people doing stuff like 4 or 5k

Deleted
    LFD and heroics this hard are incompatible. You wait for 30 minutes for a group then after one wipe you disband and have to queue again, that is about 10 minutes of playing and 1 hour in queue. If you get a good group that is willing to wipe then these heroics are fun but if not then the game isnt worth playing. Wish I could play bgs while in the queue.