Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Dear Sony - get your shit together.

If any of you have a ps3, you guys know what I'm talking about. For those of you that don't, here's what's up.

There has been maintenance now for three days, consecutively, getting this error: 80710A06 without any kind of update or timeline when it's going to be back up. A couple Sony employees have released statements:

"As you are no doubt aware, the current emergency outage is continuing this afternoon and all Sony Online Network services remain unavailable. Our support teams are investigating the cause of the problem, including the possibility of targeted behaviour by an outside party. If the reported Network problems are indeed caused by such acts, we would like to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service."

Eventually, that error stopped popping up and we got to see:

"PlayStation Network is currently undergoing maintenance."

Then they released,

"An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share."

They're making Blizzard look on the ball and quick to fix their servers. This is a bit ridiculous.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Three days?!

They must have been hit really hard by something. I don't really believe they're just keeping their system down that long for lulz.

How can you tell them to "get their shit together" when this "Maintenance" could be worse than they're letting you know (Which it obviously is)

Obviously there's a large problem, and they're trying to fix it.

Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by EddingtonLol View Post
    How can you tell them to "get their shit together" when this "Maintenance" could be worse than they're letting you know (Which it obviously is)

Obviously there's a large problem, and they're trying to fix it.

Shut up.
    Oh yeah? That's why Sony said their system was completely bulletproof and unhackable. This kind of shit wasn't supposed to happen.

l2research shit before you post. Don't come off like a dick when you're wrong.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    Oh yeah? That's why Sony said their system was completely bulletproof and unhackable. This kind of shit wasn't supposed to happen.

No system connected to the Internet is EVER 'bulletproof and unhackable'.

You believed that when they said their system is bulletproof and unhackable?

hahahahahahahah

Companies say stuff that all the time, and most of the time, it isn't true..this isnt new

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you ever google or watch some news?
    You remember the guy Geohotz(i think it was ) he hacked some shit on the ps3(cant remember what).
    He got sued by sony for it, then some hackers group (Anonymous) got angry with Sony .
    So they say it was them that put psn Down.

Anyways try to google the news, my information was nut fully wrote down here. But you should find it if u use google!
    Get in my Belly!

nothing is unhackable. microsoft said the same thing about their hard drive encryption for vista, but guess what hours after vista was released it was hacked. also had my ps3 since day 1 never had an issue with it and if sony tells me their trying to fix something at least i know their doing something about it.
    *broken sig link*

Sony is a giant corporation, and there is a lot of money they're potentially losing every minute it's down. If you don't think they aren't doing everything conceivably possible to fix this, you're nuts. It's probably much, much more serious of a problem than you're imagining.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took 5 years for the ps3 to get hacked, now with "Anon" stepping in thinking its all for the good pissing everyone else off. No one gives a shit about otherOS and they're proving nothing, to anyone.

OT: Cope with it, its not like its changing your life dramatically, so what if you have to have a rl for a few days, go get a tan.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    It took 5 years for the ps3 to get hacked, now with "Anon" stepping in thinking its all for the good pissing everyone else off. No one gives a shit about otherOS and they're proving nothing, to anyone.

OT: Cope with it, its not like its changing your life dramatically, so what if you have to have a rl for a few days, go get a tan.
    basically this...and now i just hope they fix this soon so i can play killzone 3

If any of you have a ps3, you guys know what I'm talking about. For those of you that don't, here's what's up.

There has been maintenance now for three days, consecutively, getting this error: 80710A06 without any kind of update or timeline when it's going to be back up. A couple Sony employees have released statements:

"As you are no doubt aware, the current emergency outage is continuing this afternoon and all Sony Online Network services remain unavailable. Our support teams are investigating the cause of the problem, including the possibility of targeted behaviour by an outside party. If the reported Network problems are indeed caused by such acts, we would like to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service."

Then they released,

"An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share."

They're making Blizzard look on the ball and quick to fix their servers. This is a bit ridiculous.
    Word on the street is Anonymous hacked them. And I just noticed other people beat me to it. Le sigh

Then they released,

Honestly, Sony has no control over what happend to them, so they arent to blame. Getting angry over this just makes you look more the jackass. I dont even play my PS3 online, so i never have issues.

Deleted
    Dident the hackers get their hands on the sourcecode for the ps3 aswell so they can ban and unban whoever and whenever they want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

All systems are able to be infiltrated the US NSA stuff gets ahcked all the time and they usually have no idea whats getting looked at or who it was that was looking

Deleted
    Well....Now this comic meks sense to me .penny-arcade.com/comic/

15+ Year Old Account
    Dear OP - there are other things in life other than your PS3, go discover them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate sony for what they did to GeoHot. So, I really hope this is an attack. Hopefully by Anonymous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angelz View Post
    Do you ever google or watch some news?
    You remember the guy Geohotz(i think it was ) he hacked some shit on the ps3(cant remember what).
    He got sued by sony for it, then some hackers group (Anonymous) got angry with Sony .
    So they say it was them that put psn Down.

Anyways try to google the news, my information was nut fully wrote down here. But you should find it if u use google!
    Anonymous have came out and said that it wasn't them this time

I feel no sympathy for PSN gamers as PSN is inferior to XBOXLive, you don't see them hacking crap out of Live
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77