Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    i just spent 600 for a craft yesterday, no idea if i over payed, but i was kinda in a hurry. Doesnt rly matter though, i got a sweet cape and ill make the money back.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftzy View Post
    This is so sad, i ran a monstrous amount of heroics during the few weeks after i hit 85 before they made the Chaos Orbs only obtainable by those with actual professions to use them. Hence before i usually just needed on them and stacked them up. Now i don't have any crafting profession, so i have no use for them currently. But in fact, i have 23 Chaos Orbs in my bank just lying there, it's almost as if i want to re-do one of my professions for a crafting one, even tho i'm quite satisfied with my current ones.
    You Needed 23 times on a BoP item you can't use? What the hell for? Was it just to slow down other people as they tried to get their crafted gear or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a very populated and fast server, most guilds are 5/12+ 25man so the orbs aren't rare at all, they normally sell for 600-800g.
    My name is Legion, for we are many

i see crafters offering their orbs for 750
    moderators removed my signature picture because they can't get Glad like me.

Haters Gonna Hate

Orbs were around 1000g each in the start now they are 200-400g on Stormscale EU Horde

Deleted
    Charging 600g each myself for them. If customer needs more than 2, i take 500g each.

I always do free for guildies and 500g per orb for anyone else. Aerie Peak-EU.

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hrethel View Post
    You Needed 23 times on a BoP item you can't use? What the hell for? Was it just to slow down other people as they tried to get their crafted gear or what?
    This is the "They might make them BoE someday" mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I lay my head is home. See that rock? Thats my pillow.
    start of cata i was selling for 1k which made me quite abit of gold but had to thank the guild cause i got all the chaos orbs from heroics was sitting @ like 20 - 30 odd

300-500g per orb on Zenedar-EU

To give you an idea, on my server the belts are selling for around 7500G on the AH. Mats (other than Orbs) are around 3.5K. So crafters are making roughly 2K per orb. Now normally you make a bit less when you agree to craft directly for someone with their mats (they've done some of the leg work for your) so I'd say 1-1.5K for each orbs would be a reasonable amount on my server for what you did. So like 2-3K total. You way undercharged based on my server economy. Hell, I gave a guildie a 600G tip to make me that belt and we never charge each other. Just felt really bad using their orbs when they can get so much for them. Best way to determine the raw value of orbs on your server: check the price of belts, then check the price of the bars, and subtract the bar cost from the belt cost.

Horde side on Hyjal they go for 1k each, not sure about alliance side

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Have always charged 200g per (Blacksmith) Main tank for a 500 person guild means I'm basically swimming in the damned things.

Fetching about 250-350g on my server.

Blacksmiths are still able to ask 1k on my server. Leatherworkers and Tailors are typically getting 500-800.

As an engineer I can't get rid of mine at any price. No one wants the gun or bow.

(been giving them away to guildies for free if they bring me mats for gun or bow mainly)