New Guy, Need Computer Build Help

Hey Guys,
    Long time lurker, first time poster. So, for Christmas I may be building a new computer. I don't want to shell out too much, 700 tops, but I am looking to build the most powerful computer for that budget. I would, obviously, like to play WoW on it and other games. I was wondering if you guys would be kind enough to help me, for I am ignorant on building computers, get the parts I need that could be most cost effective.

If you guys can help me with a build, minus the case, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
    Brutta

There was a post on the main page of MMO-Champ the other day about building pc's and different price brackets you might want to check that out.

---------- Post added 2010-12-12 at 07:20 PM ----------

Edit: found it http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...h-Atlasloot-v6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    ...I went to America for a Holiday and I had someone ask me if the kids ride Kangaroo's to school...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

I built a pretty good system for 700USD a couple days ago.

I5-760 quad-core
    CM hyper 212 CPU cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    GTX 460 1gb
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    Coolermaster Storm Scout case

Of course if you were completely building it from scratch, you would still need a Power Supply, Hard Drive and optical drives. Lucky for me, I already had a modular CORSAIR 750w, and obviously a Hard Drive and DVD burner from my old computer.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Yeah, I will check it out for sure. Yet, that case he uses looks horrible lol.

Any more suggestions?
    Personal experiences?

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 02:02 AM ----------

Also, why wouldn't I go with the AMD 965/955....it is a lot cheaper and from what I have heard comparable.