Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire rotation for heroics/ raiding

So I recently dinged 85 and I haven't really been topping charts so does anyone know a good rotation for fire?

Start off with a scorch, LB, then start Fireball spam. Reapply LB and weave in some scorches so you don't go oom. Atleast that's how I do it and I do 12-13k.

FFB with glyphs is better than FB

Quote Originally Posted by Wienernator View Post
    Glyphed FB is slightly better than glyphed FFB.

This might change in the next patch when we get more stats.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Stack critt and go Fireball glyph. Atm i'm running with 35% critt with fireball.(self buffed with scorch debuff up)

FFB can't be compared for me atm.

as for rotation:
    - Start of with a LB
    - scorch
    - Spam FB(only if BL, if not you might just want to rotate alot of scorch'es in.)
    - Use your mana gem at 90/80%, depending on your mana
    - If you decide to spam FB do it till BL is over then do Evo

Other then this, Ofcourse use Pyro on proc, keep LB up and make sure you use Combustion after you got all dots and have a critt from a FB/PB up!

I follow this and spike 30k dps, 14-15 average in hc gear + 2 purples.

/water

Deleted
    tbh ur all wrong...

1st, FFB WILL NOT be better for a long time, even with lot of mastery

rotation:
    LB, scorch debuff, flame orb, pyroblas proc, fireball - thats prio order so this is ur rotation

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Critcake View Post
    tbh ur all wrong...

1st, FFB WILL NOT be better for a long time, even with lot of mastery

rotation:
    LB, scorch debuff, flame orb, pyroblas proc, fireball - thats prio order so this is ur rotation
    You will go out of mana on long fights or when you first hit 80 like that. In that case you need to also use scorch with the Improved Scorch (no mana) talent to maintain your mana. You want to make sure that you have enough mana to spam fireball for two important periods:

1. Time Warp (I think it's time Mages of all races join together and stop calling it Bloodlust or Heroism and just say Time Warp)
    2. 35%-0%

How much mana you need will depend on your gear and buffs, so I can't provide exact guidelines--it's something you'll need to get a feel for.

The priority list is much like the previous posters said:

Living Bomb, maintain Critical Mass debuff (scorch/pyroblast), Flame Orb, Hot Streak proc, Filler

Filler is either Fireball or Scorch, depending on whether you're burning or conserving mana. You'll need to figure out what the right mix is for you, depending on your gear and buffs.

Another thing to keep in mind is Combustion. It's not in the list above, but it's a really strong DPS spell. Try to use it after you refresh Living Bomb, apply a new Pyroblast DoT and have a nice Ignite ticking. This will give you the strongest Combustion.

seeing as really only fireball when its a lusted phase or burst needed, what are your thoughts on LB glyph over fireball?

I've found as fire at 85 in almost all heroics, that i go OOM very quickly. Also does anyone use Fireblast in their rotations? with or w/out impact proc?

Iterium-Scilla Horde US
    Last edited by iterium; 2010-12-14 at 03:47 AM.

Don't even use fireball while lusted, it only increases cast speed and not damage so it's just as mana inefficient to do it then as it is when there is no bloodlust.
    Use it under 35%, on trinket procs that give stats that aren't haste and when you have high mana. Scorch the rest of the time.

fireblast itself costs more mana than fireball itself so i dont use it on boss fight unless theres adds near it.
    but other than that i use FFB was doin 11k-13k on dummy self buffed with scorch>flameorb>LB>FFBx3
    but if im really low mana i keep my FFBx3 dot up and scorch until its about to lose its ticks >FFB.

Quote Originally Posted by siaro View Post
    Stack critt and go Fireball glyph. Atm i'm running with 35% critt with fireball.(self buffed with scorch debuff up)

as for rotation:
    - Start of with a LB
    - scorch
    - Spam FB(only if BL, if not you might just want to rotate alot of scorch'es in.)

Other then this, Ofcourse use Pyro on proc, keep LB up and make sure you use Combustion after you got all dots and have a critt from a FB/PB up!

/water
    Could I see your armory please?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Don't even use fireball while lusted, it only increases cast speed and not damage so it's just as mana inefficient to do it then as it is when there is no bloodlust.
    Use it under 35%, on trinket procs that give stats that aren't haste and when you have high mana. Scorch the rest of the time.

I would say differently:

Don't change your filler nuke when bloodlust happens. If it's on a FB heavy phase (the start, after evocation or in molten fury range), you'll stay with FB. If it happens on a scorch heavy phase, you'll keep using scorch.

Mana isn't an issue if you use mage armor. I'm am newly dinged and quite poorly geared, so sometimes I tend to switch to mage armor in heroic bossfights, when I start getting low on mana. You do more DPS with mana and mage armor, than you do without mana and molten armor.

I think this is pretty obvious, but if you're already using mage armor and still having mana troubles, you're doing a lot of things wrong.
    Last edited by Diderot; 2010-12-14 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diderot View Post
    Mana isn't an issue if you use mage armor. I'm am newly dinged and quite poorly geared, so sometimes I tend to switch to mage armor in heroic bossfights, when I start getting low on mana. You do more DPS with mana and mage armor, than you do without mana and molten armor.

I think this is pretty obvious, but if you're already using mage armor and still having mana troubles, you're doing a lot of things wrong.
    Mage Armor drops the crit rating bonus that Molten Armor gives you...Crit I say is very important for a fire mage.
    Now, I've been running a few HCs and I've never really gone OOM. Doesn't anyone use Evocation and their mana gems anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by siaro View Post

as for rotation:
    - Start of with a LB
    - scorch

/water
    Until an armory link is posted, this seems far-fetched. 30k Spikes? Single target? If anyone pops EVERY CD and everything procs at the right time at the beginning of the fight, sure, recount or whatever your using might show a high spike then drop down to a normal level. Who cares about your spike? Damage through out the fight and damage overall are usually what people look for.

Also Dropping Molten armor for mage armor negates the ability to use scorch on the run not to mention the crit. Still need to balance some haste with crit as before cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Wienernator View Post
    This is wrong FB is better then FFB glyphd because 5% crit amounts to me damage and procs ignite more often

Yes, but as I said, you do more DPS with mage armor and mana, than you do without mana and molten armor. If you're new to heroics and having mana troubles, switching to mage armor on some fights is not a bad idea. And yes, I use mana gems and evocation.

This all depends completely on the group you end up in. If the rest of the DPS are weak, you will have to nuke longer, at which point you might get mana troubles. This is my problem, at least. Right after dinging 85, I had mana troubles due to my bad gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    What about when you lust at 35% like I do? The goal is to maximize your dps and the best way to do so is by managing your mana so you have zero left at the end of the encounter. If you had more you could have used FB more, if you ran out you could have scorched at a more appropriate time. But not using your best nuke during a time when you have increased haste is just foolish imo.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 02:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Mage Armor drops the crit rating bonus that Molten Armor gives you...Crit I say is very important for a fire mage.
    Now, I've been running a few HCs and I've never really gone OOM. Doesn't anyone use Evocation and their mana gems anymore?
    I'm actually lazy during heroics and unless we really need the extra dps I won't use molten armor at all, especially on trash. If we need the extra dps I will however change to molten and manage my mana appropriately, but you certainly do need to manage your mana with molten armor even heroics, as after 1 minute of nuking you're to the point of needing to evocate.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    I'm actually lazy during heroics and unless we really need the extra dps I won't use molten armor at all, especially on trash. If we need the extra dps I will however change to molten and manage my mana appropriately, but you certainly do need to manage your mana with molten armor even heroics, as after 1 minute of nuking you're to the point of needing to evocate.
    You weave in some scorches and forgot mage armour exists while you're playing fire.

FFB currently better than FB.