Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Valor Points Turning Into Justice Points

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    At the release of a new tier all Valor points are converted to JP. It's in effect the same, as I said, as Frost/Triumph. Valor becomes, essentially, a new currency with each tier. JP continually collects the old items and points as it moves along.
    I dont know if this has been addressed before, but doesnt this make new characters skip tiers again just like in WoTLK? Meaning, new characters going straight into the newest raid from heroics.

How do you guys feel about this?

Yep. Exactly like WotLK. So people saying epics will feel epic. Not so much.

New characters will be going into the previous tier set with justice points (ex-valor) ..

And how I feel? Ok by me... it could seem wrong with 1 or 2 tiers but when there will be like 5-6 tiers of gear sets, it would be stupid to force people farm all these sets.

Personally I don't really care like I didn't care back in Wotlk. My guild will be progressing on the current tier and that adjustment just makes it easier for our alts to do 10mans and have fun without the boring grind for a 2nd time. All those that have a problem with this are just elitist and jealous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care in the least. I have plenty of alts, the last thing I want to do is stumble through old raids with other people's alts in 4.2. No thanks.

so they can catch up and won't have to wait until someone decides to PUG/group an *old* raid?

as soon as a new tier of raids/dungeons comes up, everyone will forget about running the previous, so it is actually a smart move skipping tiers to catch up with others who've been playing endgame for awhile..

10+ Year Old Account
    they can get at the gear, but the teir stuff comes from Tokens from the raids, so even if they are swapping up gear and points you shouldnt be seeing people wearing alot of teir, unless they drop the tockens
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Tbh, its not gonna be as easy to get the valor items now, as it was in Wrath, as theres a weekly cap of 1250, which is not more then 1 item. Gonna take longer to get them, and ppl will prolly try and pug raid, which they have done in every expansion. So the problem about gear being easy to get, is really up to wether the content is easy to pug or not.

This is an old debate. Some people will always feel like "if I had to do it this way, you should too". Blizz feels (and I'm directly paraphrasing blue posts here) that those people had the advantage of seeing things first, and that it's perfectly okay to make something easier when it's no longer the latest and greatest.

Anyway, as others have said, it isn't really feasible to ask someone to put in the same amount of time you did on older tiers, since there won't be enough other players working on those tiers for a person to put in the same amount of time you did. When it's old, it simply isn't popular anymore, and if it's unpopular, it's difficult for anyone to do it, even if they wanted to.

Despite Cata raids being more vanila-like, there is still no tier progression... which is imo, bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Despite Cata raids being more vanila-like, there is still no tier progression... which is imo, bad.
    And do you have any idea for "solution" ? or just saying..it's bad?

Deleted
    They will never make people have to go through every single raid to get to the end game content, why can't people understand this? If I levelled an alt from 1-85 and the next week a fresh set of raids were released nobody is going to want to take me through the old content in a pug, and this is even more-so when the 3rd tier of cata raiding is released

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I'm with you.

Yes, it is easier for alts to go straight into progression with their guild. But personally, I'd like new players to experience all the content and raids, not because I'm an elitist or jelous, just because Cataclysm is great. I dont know what the raids are like yet, but progressing always feels good.

Even clearing heroics now feels like progression, which is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Summarized: Good for alts, insanely bad for tiered progressing. Guess we will be seeing T11 Content beeing abandoned if there won't be some sort of weekly raid quests like in Wotlk. Therefore we will probably still have all the bads around in PuG's trying to raid the latest content.

EDIT: To the people saying what about if I level an alt and have to start gearing 3 tiers behind the newest content; So what? there will allways be more alts around. Just hope to higher forces that there won't be the chance of maxing out your alt, and bringing it up to pair with your normal mode main in about a week like in WotlK's end
    Last edited by Lichlips; 2010-12-13 at 08:28 AM.
    Current goals ingame:
    100 Mounts: Done Over 9000 Achievement points: Done
    All raiding glories:4/6
    40 Exalted reputations:Done
    Achievement whore since: June 2010!

While progression is fine, let them choose if they want go through old raids and dungeons or not... noone should be forced to do old content if they don't want

Quote Originally Posted by Lichlips View Post
    Summarized: Guess we will be seeing T11 Content beeing abandoned if there won't be some sort of weekly raid quests like in Wotlk.
    Ya. Kinda sad, seeing as Cho'gall is such a prominent lore char.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxuss View Post
    They will never make people have to go through every single raid to get to the end game content, why can't people understand this? If I levelled an alt from 1-85 and the next week a fresh set of raids were released nobody is going to want to take me through the old content in a pug, and this is even more-so when the 3rd tier of cata raiding is released
    but but.... people loved to go back! /lol yea i agree wit yea man. sadly ppl think everyone with the kindness of their heart would go back to previosu content they done to death to get a new guy some gear/attuned

its really pathetic that the enjoyment of so many people in this game seems to rely so much on others not doing the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    but but.... people loved to go back! /lol yea i agree wit yea man. sadly ppl think everyone with the kindness of their heart would go back to previosu content they done to death to get a new guy some gear/attuned
    My guild did that for new guys in Burning Crusade, running Karazhan for new guys while progressing in Black Temple! But then again, it was a semi-casual raiding guild with a core raiding group, and its only requirement was for you to be Finnish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    its really pathetic that the enjoyment of so many people in this game seems to rely so much on others not doing the same.
    agreed

i couldnt care less if some bastard is failing with his pug while im progressing with my guild. i dont care if that pug does better than my guild. why proves my guild sucks and i should help make them better or pug with the other guys cause they are better