Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames View Post
    That's not the point in this thread.

And I dont see why you would add this to a thread. It seems like you feel insulted by what the OP said and think its personal and should say something ''insulting'' back, very paternising.
    Yeah, the point is complexes, which you demonstrate in 3rd or so post

Me and 3 guildmates actualy had a fun time looking at "i am the best" tanks.. we're at the third boss in Heroic Grim Batol, waiting for a tank to queue. suddenly we see a gnome warrior enters the party. Pops a speed pot and charges to the boss, we whiped of course, after the corpse run the tanked asked for tactics. he actualy got so mad that he weren't healed, that he left party saying something about i can waste time on this. next tank (Paladin). i kid u not, did the same just without a pot, just running wild into the boss, and not knowing the tacs. I think most tanks still are stuck in the Wotlk, instance way "Heal me im charging in".
    Last edited by darkcola90; 2010-12-14 at 12:08 PM.

I'm of the opinion that a good tank is gods gift to groups, like me! .

Tanks have always been the linchpin of the group. Sure, you have to have all 3 roles, but the tank is traditionally the guy pulling, assigning CC, and generally making sure you as a group don't fuck up.

A good tank can carry a poor healer much better than a good healer can carry a poor tank.

More importantly, as DPS, you guys don't really need to know how every spell works, but as a tank, by god, if you don't know what a spell does, you sure as hell better eat it and figure it out, or interrupt it, and save your healer the trouble.
    Last edited by drukai; 2010-12-14 at 12:14 PM.

We forgot how to work as a team in random dungeons, now we pay the price. In all Wrath heroics, toc and icc 30% normal modes (except sindra and lk) we were fine without doing anything but our own stuff. If anyone thinks he's god he will die or get the boot.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no concept of why people can't fathom that one player playing a role badly, does not make all players playing that role bad players. Honestly as a tank that does not have anything in my head telling me I'm God, I get genuinely frustrated at people like you that generalize all tanks.

Sure as hell there are asshole PLAYERS out there, and that means:

1) There will be asshole dps'ers.
    2) There will be asshole tanks
    3) There will be asshole healers.

Now if you're gonna come and discuss saying they're not assholes, just bads/casuals/whatever horrible slang you can come up with, just replace "asshole" with the word. It's the same all over the board, none of the roles are any better in a group. The group needs 3 elements to function properly: A tank, a healer and some dps'ers.

If you are unlucky enough to end up with an asshole tank, or any of the other roles, you have a few choices:

1) Ignore it and move on
    2) Try to reason with them (If this does not work, I suggest you leave the group and go spend your time somewhere else)
    3) Just leave before it has a chance of making you frustrated
    4) Go "God-mode" yourself and just elevate problems leading to someone getting kicked or someone leaving.
    5) I can keep on but I'm not bothered.

On a completely unrelated note: if this was trash, the tank might know what mobs are more dangerous for him, better than you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

OT: Find a guild or recruit more tanks. HF blaming guild tanks.

Best thing in being a tank currently is that if you decided to do some pug heroics, you don't need to wait 40 min just to find yourself in some retarded party, waiting 30+40 mins more to get to another heroic.
    We are not gods, we are party leaders. If you envy and want to be a leader as a dps or heal - befriend a totally uncapable tanking class player and just carry him everywhere telling what to do.

Also lol @
    "most tanks still are stuck in the Wotlk"
    "all dps still have wotlk mindset"
    "woltk mode healers"

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    ALL interrupts ingame are off the GCD. even caster ones but they need a /stopcasting macro for it to work well.

Tanks have more to do than DDs. they need to watch the threat on all targets = switching around as you only get info about the one youre targeting.
    DDs only need to watch out for their dps and if they /assist the tank the first time they wont pull aggro no matter what (vengeance is a bitch). So technically yes DDs should interrupt if they can (rogues, warriors, DKs, shamans, retpalas, mages not so much long CD).
    With my shaman healer I also interrupt a lot if I can stop casting at that point.

still strictly speaking:
    role tank: watch aggro on all mobs, pull them out of potential AEs killing melees, position mobs because of abilities (AE and melee players) and taunting that mob a DD pulled aggro on because hes focusing the wrong one.
    role healer: heal people, watch out for AE, pre-cast if big dmg is expected, decurse
    role DD: damage, singletarget aggro, decurse (in some cases).

so who as the most time to push the off-GCD button? yes yes yes! its the DD. also warrior melees get 5% bonus dmg if they interrupt.

So quit the argument about whos role is whos because DDs have less to watch out for in 85% of the cases
    Not true. The Prot Pally interrupt is on the GCD, and on a 60 second cooldown. If your tank's a pally, he's not going to be interrupting a thing, and it's the DPSers job to handle those interrupts.

Deleted
    I don't agree. Atm tanks get kicked constantly from dungeons because that the dps don't care about which target they attack, how much aoe they do, or how much threath they make (then they blame the tank for all sorts of shit and kick him/her). I find it very fustrating to tank when dps are just going full out not careing about the tank and if its hard for him to keep aggro on these specific adds. I find being a tank that I need take initiative and lead the rest of the group, most of the time noone ever types anything contrustive anyways, so why not take the leader role and do something about it?

Im not gona defend those stupid wrath staying tanks at all.. i know we have have a few xD

But i must say, we need to mark mobs, becouse the classes that can cc dosent have the iq to pick one them self and they even can mark them selfs? and we to need to know what classes can cc, what kinda targets they can cc.. most knowledge has gona away becouse of wrath remember? but dont worry that will come back fast, and we will remember it.. so u dont need to use that famous iq of urs and just consentrate on the dps meters (not refering to all btw)

we even have dps'ers that think tanks now days are still god, and manage everything.. i have few time whiped the grp just to learn them it isent wrath anymore, and they have the nerve to blame me becouse of it.. told them cc the marked targets and dont do a shit, w8ing for like 30 to 1min to see if they do something and nothing.. i get pissed, charge in and mostly get killed and whipe.. they scream either use cc(what i have said) or i suck or healer does.. and leaves.. But that dosent effect me so, always new one coming inn

and i see its pointless to make new post just to say that.. and i dont blame anyone, but myself if i do mistake or something i could have done different..

I've only run a few cata instances, but the ones i had run (as tank) were pretty painful. Giant INTERRUPT NOW bars on guys who weren't being interrupt. Slow/afk heals. Arrogant, god-like healers. I've seen the gamut in only 3 runs. Oh well. My options are a) find guildies who don't suck or b) somehow game the LFD system for both competent and nice players.

I'd much rather do leveling dungeons; everyone knows them, we get through it easy, and nobody complains. And hey, i get a satchel of useless crap out of it.

I think once we get out of the expectation that the run is going to go great and you'll have a good time, things get better. At least you don't get disappointed.