Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What spec is everyone using

hey everyone just wondering what spec are mage's using for normal and heroic instances?

I'm guessing arcane.

My best friend is a mage, he is arcane.

Fire is quite clearly the best. Except for a few instances where the utility of frost come through.

10+ Year Old Account
    im arcane though i wish icould go frost cause its more fun

Frost, more DPS than arcane and more utility than fire

Pre-raid BIS with all chants/gems etc: Fire
    ~329-340 ilvl with 1-2 epics and several gems: Frost

Currently at an avg 342 ilvl and running as fire. Many boss mechanics have an element or two of aoe requirement (the first boss in Stonecore comes to mind) and fire allows for the flexibility of alternating between strong single-target and aoe dps.

I don't know how anyone is playing fire and finding it fun in the least, my average ilvl is 340 and my crit is stupid low, even after reforging, hot streak procs all of never. I'm staying frost until I have enough crit to make fire fun again, and frost is vastly superior for control in 5 mans anyways.

I'm fire but I switch to a PvP frost spec in case I need to do something like kiting the adds on the last boss in BRC.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogdem View Post
    im arcane though i wish icould go frost cause its more fun
    Then do it, this game is about having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire right now, but my low crit is driving me insane. Considering going fire/frost though. Frost is looking pretty cool to me (no pun).
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Fire, as iLevel 335 Hit capped with 26% crit unbuffed. Doesn't sound too bad to me. I love it's utility in heroics!

Quote Originally Posted by agelos View Post
    Fire, as iLevel 335 Hit capped with 26% crit unbuffed. Doesn't sound too bad to me. I love it's utility in heroics!
    ....how? Armory please.

Fire, but I have been frost on 2 raidencounters out of 5 due to the control it provides.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using fire. So much more fun and dynamic compared to Arcane (i'm not saying Arcane is easy. Its not easy to get max DPS with Arcane if you don't know how to manage your mana right).

Fire, go frost for first boss of tol'barad to kill malignants, also for last boss and save fof procs to drop the adds quickly and the worgen boss in deadmines.

I've been fire since a week before 3.3.3. Frost seems nice for mana conservation and some utility over fire. Despite crit being low, Scorch and FB have some increased crit %. On average, i pull 7-9k on bosses, normal cata dungeons. I-lev 6 points below heroics, so i think 323~

Frost at the start to survive. but now im fire to do more dps.

I'm using fire atm. With the current raid content, fire seems almost perfect for the opening encounters in each instance.