Thread: Silence?

Silence?

As a shadow priest, should we speccing into Imp. Fear and Silence now? Since we can glyph fear to make mobs NOT run away, that becomes a slight crowd control, but the bigger perk is the interrupt that silence brings to the table, which is one of our weak points, our lack of control over mobs.

With Cata being the way it is, what's your opinion on this?

Silence & Psychic Horror are very important now, and you don't lose any great talent imho.

Also they are very useful for pvp

Not sure how long fear lasts.. but from what I've seen it's long enough for the dps to burn down one of the mobs usually, so definitely worth it.
    And you're right about silence being golden... especially on fights like Baron Ashbury lol.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It'd be awesome if Shadow Priests didn't have to waste three talents to get Silence.

Heh, and Ret Paladins cry that they need to waste one for an Interrupt.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Psychic horror is pretty awesome now. I use it pretty much in every heroic. The dps wont always be free to do their job so if you can spare a fear to help your group do it. I also MC a lot. The ramp in halls of origination after the first boss works greatly for mc. I usually mc the mobs down from the platform and it works like a 30sec cd for the time it takes them to come up :P
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tefached View Post
    As a shadow priest, should we speccing into Imp. Fear and Silence now? Since we can glyph fear to make mobs NOT run away, that becomes a slight crowd control, but the bigger perk is the interrupt that silence brings to the table, which is one of our weak points, our lack of control over mobs.

With Cata being the way it is, what's your opinion on this?
    i dropped the 2 pts in twisted faith last night to pick up silence cause our shaman just couldnt interrupt heals in 1st boss sfk hc. actually mobs running was useful in pinnacle vortex cause the tank seemed unable to pull outisde grounding field... :P

I plan on picking them up on my priest when I start leveling her to 85. More CC in Cata is never a bad thing! At the moment I'm still working on gearing up my main, though.

Off-topic: Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I read your thread title was, "I kill you"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It'd be awesome if Shadow Priests didn't have to waste three talents to get Silence.

Heh, and Ret Paladins cry that they need to waste one for an Interrupt.
    You know you can't compare classes in that manner. Only the end result is what's important.

OP: Mind Control is still an awesome CC if you do it on the right mobs.

I loved MC in BC, I haven't played around with it too much in Cata. I missed silence to maximize DPS in Wrath, but it was a definitely pick up with the xpac (mostly due to my getting back into PVP on my shadow priest) but it is very handy in dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account

Heh, and Ret Paladins cry that they need to waste one for an Interrupt
    apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    apples and oranges.
    Red Apples and Green Apples. Different flavor, but they're both the same fruit.

And my biggest problem with the quoted statement was the Paladin community, moreso than everything. I'm sorry that wasn't made more clear.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

More replies on this than I figured I'd get.

I've pretty much found out what I needed to know, that silence is worth speccing into. I pulled a point out of whatever the improved fade/reduced Sfiend cd talent is, and avoided a talent here or there in disc to get silence. ( I still have Evangelism, don't worry!)

And as for the "Silence! I kill you!" thanks for the laugh

I've found that, while silence is useful, Mind control is far MORE useful on (humanoid) casters.

DoT up skull and then MC the caster/healer that is giving you troubles. In Vortex pinnacle MCing the adepts can give extra heals or 12k smites. I've yet to try it, but I'd love to MC the Shadow lancers in HoO and use that frikken aoe against them.

Yeah, I'm talking more like boss fights. Like the first boss in SFK, and whatever else needs interrupts. Mostly just first boss in SFK =P