Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh mmo-champ, who cares what "problems" arise from the marathon clipping, well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sales records..how very predictable, despite the doomsayers that WoW is dying.

And the Daily Blink is pure awesomeness.....

well actually those sales figures aren't that impressive when you look at percentages vs raw numbers...despite having somewhere between 1.5 and 3 million more subscribers at the launch of Cata as opposed to the launch of wrath they only sold 1/2 million more copies of the game which means a greater % of the player base didn't upgrade their accounts (which is never a good thing). Those numbers also raise questions into how blizzard counts subscribers because I'm a little hard pressed to believe that 2/3 of active subscribers (I'm reducing that from 75% to 66 % to account for the fact China doesn't have Cata) are still playing Wrath.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    # Aggra's voice-overs can no longer be heard or read by other players during the Deepholm introduction at the Maelstrom.
    Funny, I reported that very bug during beta. XD Well, guess it's fixed *now*.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    well actually those sales figures aren't that impressive when you look at percentages vs raw numbers...despite having somewhere between 1.5 and 3 million more subscribers at the launch of Cata as opposed to the launch of wrath they only sold 1/2 million more copies of the game which means a greater % of the player base didn't upgrade their accounts (which is never a good thing). Those numbers also raise questions into how blizzard counts subscribers because I'm a little hard pressed to believe that 2/3 of active subscribers (I'm reducing that from 75% to 66 % to account for the fact China doesn't have Cata) are still playing Wrath.
    Well mate, there's only minority of WoW gamers who buy the game on the day, remember it's Xmas time so a lot of players wants it for Xmas instead of buying it themselves. But I would still say that 3.3 million people who bought the game within 24 hours is quite an achievement because then one can only wonder how many then bought it within it's first week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhannek View Post
    Is it just me or does Tol Barad completely suck right?

I love how I didn't think they could possibly make something more poorly implemented than IoC or Wintergrasp, but I guess Blizzard's BG department never fails to disappoint with their disappointments.
    dont worry, your not the only one thinking that. I have heard on some realms, Tol Barad hasnt even changed hands once yet. Its a poorly thought out BG, FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhannek View Post
    Is it just me or does Tol Barad completely suck right?

I love how I didn't think they could possibly make something more poorly implemented than IoC or Wintergrasp, but I guess Blizzard's BG department never fails to disappoint with their disappointments.
    It's not their fault, It's the fault of Beta players who thought getting beta key is like getting free x-pac to play before rest of other do. These were suppose to report how Tol-Barad is completely broken and unbalanced rather than screwing around.
    And no I'm not saying that because I'm crying because I didn't got Beta key like rest.

Deleted
    Can't wait for the Arena to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    True, but this expansion is a little different. You don't actually NEED to upgrade to enjoy it. I didn't upgrade to Cataclysm until a few days after release. There are plenty of people who are also waiting for Christmas or for finals to end before picking up the expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Btw:
    Who is Athene?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    It's not their fault, It's the fault of Beta players who thought getting beta key is like getting free x-pac to play before rest of other do. These were suppose to report how Tol-Barad is completely broken and unbalanced rather than screwing around.
    And no I'm not saying that because I'm crying because I didn't got Beta key like rest.
    this was reported during BETA, lots and lots of posts about it, polls everything. They didnt listen.

That Daily Blink is slightly embarrassing to read, the writer's anger/jealousy is almost smellable.

The droprate on Volatile Life from herbs has been increased.

Really? I thought they'd lower it if anything. I've gotten well over 300 of these from casual herbing while leveling, and I'm only 83 on my herber. The AH is always packed with them, and I still sell them for 60g for 5. Guess they want to lower the price, but like I said, the AH is always packed with them.

Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now the site is fair and balanced.

Nice comic.

As for those crying foul over it: oh shut up, stop pretending that Athene achieved a damn thing, instead his guild levelled for him while he casually sat back and tagged mobs. This could of course easily have been fixed by blizzard implementing "xp awarded for dmg done" instead of "full xp if you did the first 1 dmg", but its not like first 85 is regarded as important enough to change things, but if that fix had been in, the person who would have gotten it would likely have been whoever got lucky enough to be let in first :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    That Daily Blink is slightly embarrassing to read, the writer's anger/jealousy is almost smellable.
    That user's post is slightly embarrasing to read, the writer's hypocrisy and ignorance is almost smellable.
    Last edited by Jukaï; 2010-12-14 at 01:20 PM.

Honestly, I'd love to see some acknowledgement on the extreme nerf on nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    You're wrong. It is their fault. I was one of beta testers and at no point was Tol Barad actually testable. There were constantly game breaking bugs preventing it to be. There was no 1:1 queue until the end of beta so it was impossible to have proper battles at any point. Also they didn't have npcs guarding the spawn point of attackers so the attackers constantly got camped at spawn. There were some other game breaking bugs related to how capping nodes and spawning works which I don't remember anymore, but yeah, even with all this, plenty of players on forums still could predict and tell that the battle is gonna favor the defenders. Blizzard didn't have a single reply on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm so "Defending the rift" is sitll impossible for Horde as no hotfix deployed yet.

War Games sound quite interesting, I want to try it.
    Glad they fixed that quest Defending the rift. I could hardly believe it made it live.
    Also the comic about Athene is just perfect, hilarious. It describes just how what he did would be perceived in a non in-game way.