Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jirya View Post
    My Tigers could have done more but with minnesota losing a lot of thier bullpen i think we are good enough, wish we would have thrown the money at crawford or werth though
    Your boys did good this offseason though. It went under the radar but you'll be in it.

As a die hard Twins fan, I would have really liked to see more additions to the pitching staff. We lost some key late inning guys and as of right now, Carl Pavano is still a free agent *fingers crossed he re-signs with us*. Getting Joe Nathan back after Tommy John surgery if he can be effective is going to help a lot. Regardless of pitching though, the offense is absolutely stacked with the addition of Tsuyoshi Nishioka from Japan and Justin Morneau appears on track to be ready to go for spring training. Definitely going to be an awesome AL Central race this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastchief View Post
    As a die hard Twins fan, I would have really liked to see more additions to the pitching staff. We lost some key late inning guys and as of right now, Carl Pavano is still a free agent *fingers crossed he re-signs with us*. Getting Joe Nathan back after Tommy John surgery if he can be effective is going to help a lot. Regardless of pitching though, the offense is absolutely stacked with the addition of Tsuyoshi Nishioka from Japan and Justin Morneau appears on track to be ready to go for spring training. Definitely going to be an awesome AL Central race this year.
    Ug, I am still mad at your Twins for completely handing the yankees the ALDS last year. Your boys can do better than that! I'd really like to see them snap that postseason losing streak this year. Unless, of course, they're going up against my boys :P

---------- Post added 2011-01-06 at 04:20 AM ----------

Well, I am clearly the only baseball fanatic on this board...

you're forgetting something - Pavano doesn't need to win a contract next year (unless he signs a one year deal) and well, we've seen that story before haven't we, i believe there are still players who refer to it as the 15-day Pavano!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Rangers fan I have been since the mid 90's not one of those band-wagoners we are infested with now (I live in Arlington TX also a fan of Mavs, Cowboys, FC Dallas, and Stars). Our off season has been *meh* we lost Lee =( but I think we're in good shape to bee the top team in our division for a while. if we go back to the WS and win it this time I would be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I'm a Rangers fan I have been since the mid 90's not one of those band-wagoners we are infested with now (I live in Arlington TX also a fan of Mavs, Cowboys, FC Dallas, and Stars). Our off season has been *meh* we lost Lee =( but I think we're in good shape to bee the top team in our division for a while. if we go back to the WS and win it this time I would be happy
    You should still be in contention even without Lee. I'm a big fan of Hamilton.

Anyway, having seen it after 2004, at least your team has a reason to have bandwagoners :P Making the WS for the first time is not a wasted season by any means.

Phuck Filly, Giants all the way.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indians... /wrists it's been a dead offseason...

we brought back Grover... as some sort of undefined advisor or assistant, not sure which...
    we signed Austin Kearns... after having traded him away last season to the Evil Empire...
    and we signed a minor league deal with Jack Hannahan... excuse me while I wet my pants with excitement there...

for us, it's all gonna be on players coming back from injuries, namely Sizemore (who has been the ghost of himself for 2 years now) and Santana (supernatural! ok, I'm already sorry I went there...) and seeing if Hafner can get out of his own way and hit above Mendoza for the last couple years of his contract (biggest Mistake by the Lake. Ever.)

being that I'm also a Browns fan, it's been a long few years, and looking like another long few years ahead...

Jays fan here. Pretty happy with the off-season thus far.. namely getting Vernon Well's contract off our hands. Boy that contract was awful. Looking forward to seeing some young pitchers make their mark on our team next year, especially Drabek.

Still wouldn't mind acquiring an actual 1st basemen.

Also looking forward to the development of Brett Lawrie.