Poll: Do you eat the hairy peel of kiwifruit?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was afraid of Kiwis when I was little.. I saw a cartoon with a talking Kiwi and from then on (till a certain point in my life, of course >.<) I thought they were all little animals that people were too cruel to! Killed them, skinned them, and then eat their green meat! YIKES!

But well, then, I realised they were fruits. But no, still can't eat the 'fuzzy hairy' part.

Deleted
    Offtopic... sorta..?

When we first started importing bananas to sweden, we ate them with the bananapeel still on. Since then, we've learnt our lesson...

OnTopic: The kiwiskin does indeed containt antioxidants and vitamins, it's healthy. But the fuzzines, oh god... the fuziness!

EDIT----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus View Post
    I was afraid of Kiwis when I was little.. I saw a cartoon with a talking Kiwi and from then on (till a certain point in my life, of course >.<) I thought they were all little animals that people were too cruel to! Killed them, skinned them, and then eat their green meat! YIKES!
    That's just too damn cute How old were ya when ya could start eating 'em again?

I live in NZ, I peel the skin off green kiwifruits, but on golden ones and some kinds of green ones there isn't much fuzz do it doesn't bother me and I just eat it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post
    But the fuzzines, oh god... the fuziness!
    I know!!!!

Deleted
    i always eat them with furryskin too
    only to bad a week ago i ate my cat tought he was a kiwi =[
    r.i.p kittykat

I cut them in half, and then eat either side. When I'm done I flip the skin inside out and eat it that way, so the rough side is on the inside. It's very sour, and tasty!

Pure win! XD

But i scoop the fruit out :P