Deleted

Angry "Wrath Baby"....

Hello,

After reading through a few threads, I have come to the conclusion that every other thread has "Wrath Baby" in it somewhere. Please stop using that terminology! I started playing in Wrath, and currently LOVE the new difficulty level of Cataclysm. As a Resto Druid, I actually get to use all my heals, not just Rejuv and WG. The normal dungeon tactics are on the same level as Wrath raids. I havn't got to raid any Cata raids yet, but I'm sure the difficulty will still be awesome! Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing, and I doubt this will never happen, but can we please stop the generic naming of "Wrath Baby". Every time you use the phrase, a baby murloc dies (and yes, I've just killed 3 making this thread, sorry).

So instead of "Wrath Baby" (4 Murlocs..) maybe just either a) ignore the thread if it is QQ. They want the attention, ignore it!. b) Give them friendly words to help them enjoy the game as it is, not as it was.

Thanks,
    Bonsai

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    A "Wrath Baby" is not someone who started playing in WotLK.

A "Wrath Baby" is someone who was spoiled by WotLK and learned a slew of terrible habits that they now expect to work for Cataclysm. They most likely feel entitled to epics and expect to be able to walk right into heroics after hitting 85. They will panic when they see that they will probably still be in blues when they first start raiding, and the concepts of crowd control and focus firing are beyond their ability - both to understand, and to do. They want to be able to faceroll through all the content laid out before them and will whine about wiping on trash in heroics.

Not everyone that started in WotLK is a "Wrath Baby," and not everyone that's a "Wrath Baby" started in WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post

A "Wrath Baby" is someone who was spoiled by WotLK and learned a slew of terrible habits that they now expect to work for Cataclysm. They most likely feel entitled to epics and expect to be able to walk right into heroics after hitting 85. They will panic when they see that they will probably still be in blues when they first start raiding, and the concepts of crowd control and focus firing are beyond their ability - both to understand, and to do. They want to be able to faceroll through all the content laid out before them and will whine about wiping on trash in heroics.

Not everyone that started in WotLK is a "Wrath Baby," and not everyone that's a "Wrath Baby" started in WotLK.
    I agree with this.

Portal babies are the biggest ones

Deleted
    I see. Thanks for that. I can now sleep well and /cast Revive on all the Murlocs.

10+ Year Old Account
    the ppl who use the terms are the same ones who beat everything pre nerf, 100% always knew their class, are the best of the best and the only reason they arnt in paragon right now is because they said no to the recruitment officer, oh and they are perfect in every way

aka they are liars and they just want to pretend that playing from a certain xpack makes them better some how even though none of them beat deathwhisper pre icc buff and wore welfare gear the sec it was availible to them. (even back when welfare epics in tbc were all the rage)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    the ppl who use the terms are the same ones who beat everything pre nerf, 100% always knew their class, are the best of the best and the only reason they arnt in paragon right now is because they said no to the recruitment officer, oh and they are perfect in every way

aka they are liars and they just want to pretend that playing from a certain xpack makes them better some how even though none of them beat deathwhisper pre icc buff and wore welfare gear the sec it was availible to them. (even back when welfare epics in tbc were all the rage)
    Or they're tired of people expecting to waltz through heroics and come bouncing out in full epic gear without putting any effort into it? Look at first reply for more info. Wrath of the Lich King supported that behavior, while Vanilla and TBC still had some degree of challenge in gearing up.

This sums it up really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixon View Post
    Or they're tired of people expecting to waltz through heroics and come bouncing out in full epic gear without putting any effort into it? Look at first reply for more info. Wrath of the Lich King supported that behavior, while Vanilla and TBC still had some degree of challenge in gearing up.
    no the ones who rail on the forums and make generalizations to feel better about themselves use the term wrath baby.

every player thats bad started in wrath? i have an entire raid history from tbc... want me to remember every single bad player i met from normals while lvling to black temple?

the term isnt just bad player

its specific to wrath because ppl have this thought process of all the bad players must be new.........

Couldn't have said It better myself.

Why let some internet terminology bother you? People have all kinds of annoying phrases to justify their relatively worthless accomplishments and to belittle others to create some kind of personal hierarchy where they can differentiate between bad and good.

Labeling virtual accomplishments and segregating people socially is just one small part of what makes forums so entertaining to read, you can translate their lack of confidence directly by the importance they place on the their virtual selves.

Please put this into the WoW Dictionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

no the ones who rail on the forums and make generalizations to feel better about themselves use the term wrath baby.

every player thats bad started in wrath? i have an entire raid history from tbc... want me to remember every single bad player i met from normals while lvling to black temple?

its specific to wrath because ppl have this thought process of all the bad players must be new.........
    You have clearly missunderstood, its the "getting things easily mentality" that started in Wrath. Dont even try and say it didnt. That doesnt mean anyone that started playing in Wrath is like that. Plenty of people playing since Vamilla or TBC are in the same boat now.

10+ Year Old Account

The poster you're quoting doesn't at any point say that all bad players are from WotLK, or that all good players are from pre-wotlk. He's saying that WotLK gave the people who are playing poorly that mentality, and that "Wrath babies" are people who think that heroics for example will be just as easy as ones in WotLK. I've had people leave groups on one wipe (when it was evident that we knew the solution to said wipe). People like that would be known as "Wrath babies" did they start in WotLK? No one knows, but I'd expect someone who left instantly on one wipe would have had that experience from farming WotLK heroics and the lack of wipes there, whether or not they started in WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath baby huh? I usually call them Frost player. Frost player normally just waltz into the mob in dungeon and tank them all.

In cata, they think they can just roll in and tank them all without any Crowd Control (CC) or whatever. Simple tank and spank.

News flash.....you can't.

For example, in Stratholme level 50 dungeon and in just one run, we kicked out 3 tanks. I never ever kicked out more than one tank per dungeon run in my entire wow playing experience. Why we kicked 3 tanks in one dungeon? Frost players.

They blamed us for being a bad DPS and healer. How can we be a bad dps and healer if we ACTUALLY went through some sections of the dungeon without a tank? yes...... no tank.

TO ALL FROST PLAYERS OUT THERE WHO IS A TANK,

- Listen to healer to make sure if they need mana break
    - Don't just waltz in and think you can pull all of them. Take reasonable amount of mob and know your limit
    - It is YOUR FREAKING JOB to pull any adds off the healer. DPS, its their problem cus they're not watching the threat meter but on healer,, NO EXCUSE!