Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Because this is an RPG, and being different / special / unique makes your character more yours and less exactly the same as everyone else.

The stat bonuses are required for all professions now. If there isn't some kind of stat bonus, no matter how it's implemented, the profession is automatically worse than everything else. This is the reason the engineering tinkers got nerfed but the cogs and helm were introduced.

In light of the stat bonuses being bland and required the only remaining 'difference' of any real value between professions (what you can make for other people is meaningless) is the BoP items. This mount was one of those; now it's just a gold sink.

The remaining 'unique' things for professions are:
    * The flying carpets for tailoring
    * The flying machines for engineering
    * The tinkers for engineering
    * The alchemist stone for alchemy

Did I miss anything?
    There are some JC-only trinkets. I'm just not understanding how this had any "real value" for Alchemists. It's just a mount.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    Seriously, wow.. The Vial of the Shifting Sands change? I guess exclusive things only last a week nowadays... :| There goes any need of levelling Alchemy, just need the cash.
    You still need to be an alchemist to actually USE the mount as far as I know. And if you have tried to level archaeology to get the recipe, you would thank them for this change

Lol at the spawn rate of Obsidium Ore in certain areas of Hyjal now. It's more or less instant.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    You still need to be an alchemist to actually USE the mount as far as I know. And if you have tried to level archaeology to get the recipe, you would thank them for this change
    As far as I know that's not true, and I'd honestly be surprised if it were.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Because this is an RPG, and being different / special / unique makes your character more yours and less exactly the same as everyone else.

The stat bonuses are required for all professions now. If there isn't some kind of stat bonus, no matter how it's implemented, the profession is automatically worse than everything else. This is the reason the engineering tinkers got nerfed but the cogs and helm were introduced.

In light of the stat bonuses being bland and required the only remaining 'difference' of any real value between professions (what you can make for other people is meaningless) is the BoP items. This mount was one of those; now it's just a gold sink.

The remaining 'unique' things for professions are:
    * The flying carpets for tailoring
    * The flying machines for engineering
    * The tinkers for engineering
    * The alchemist stone for alchemy

Did I miss anything?
    I don't think you meant to quote me there? I was talking about the Pally nerf and you're griping about the dragon mount...

Light of Dawn probably won't be used anymore, it went back to patch 4.0.1 version, where it was worthless. Thankfully Holy Radiance is still effective.

I'm confused. I see at least 4 Blood Elves and 1 Goblin in that Premonition screenshot. Plus the Dwarf in middle, Reyy, is wearing Northrend model shoulders. Can someone please explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Akzel View Post
    I'm confused. I see at least 4 Blood Elves and 1 Goblin in that Premonition screenshot. Plus the Dwarf in middle, Reyy, is wearing Northrend model shoulders. Can someone please explain?
    They probably switched to different gear/used a transform item for the pic. I guess they could've fought as Blood Elves (I've fought as a Wolvar before), but for the gear it's probably their "pic" set.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2010-12-15 at 07:48 PM. Reason: their not they're

Quote Originally Posted by Sundeath View Post
    Now why don't they make engineering and tailoring mounts BoP?
    Engineer Chopper?
    Thats the only other craftable mount that can hold 2 people and guess what, its BoU

"The gem cuts Timeless Nightstone, Jagged Jasper, and Solid Zephyrite can no longer create perfect versions of the cut."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U

So I can no longer get a Perfect Solid Zephyrite because people are too lazy to make another cut for the daily? That's stupid.
    If anything is wrong, it is the daily quest that was poorly designed. GIVE BACK MY PERFECT STA GEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Smallviille View Post
    I still cant see normal Throne of Tides even though they hotfixed so 85s can go through it or is based on gear? Anyone else having this problem?

cant see it either. maybe it is gear based or perhaps the devs and marketing have poor comm skills.

WHAT?! I'VE BEEN FLYING AT 280% THIS WHOLE TIME?! Preposterous!!

15+ Year Old Account
    when are they ever going to fix that naga quest in Vashjr where you have to talk to the 3 generals or whatever they are. on Durotan that Overseer guy is still not showing up........

Quote Originally Posted by Omns131 View Post
    Sigh to save everyone some time/make the trolling less.

US side: Premo got the world first nef kill since 25-man is harder then 10!

EU side: NO, you got the patch that fixed the bugs earlier than EU!

US side: You guys got the expansion a day earlier and a free reset!

EU side: Well a kill is still a kill. You can't justify it because of the number of players. Blizz said that both are equally challenging.

US side: Butthurt Europeans! Premos kill requiered more skill and coordination, screw what blizz says.

US side: Yeah Paragon abused auras on LK!

EU side: Still look at wowprogress, Paragon is still number 1!! U MAD AMERUKHUNS?!?!

[And it continues like this until we get into a heated discussion between Football and American football, and someone comments on the use of football instead of soccer.]

Either way GZ on the kill Premo!
    1) With the infrastructure of the American internet, it's amazing that Americans can kill anything, nevermind first.
    2) They are both going to be doing this every week for the next 6+ months. bullet thru head.

Why are they start spawning obsidium in Deepholm? It is suppose to be the elementium zone.

Am I the only one who noticed that there is a Goblin in the front row of this Alliance guild kill?

Bricks have been shat...