Crit Chance drop?

My Crit chance has dropped to about 29% in CATA. I was in the 60% range in WOTLK. Did they scale this back that much?

At 80 I was at about 60% crit unbuffed, rigiht now I am at 18%

Yeah, I am completely lost. The drop affects everything we do and how quickly we get CP. I have searched for something to tell me where the drop came from but so far I have not been able to find it

Quote Originally Posted by Dpskitty View Post
    Yeah, I am completely lost. The drop affects everything we do and how quickly we get CP. I have searched for something to tell me where the drop came from but so far I have not been able to find it
    If i remember correctly Blizz stated that the crit levels were way too high near the end of wrath. It caused the dmg to get ridiculous and people were criting a mob more than they were regularly hitting. They said they will never let crit get as high ever again.

Combat Ratings inflated heavily into the amount of rating you need to gain crit/haste/hit etc etc

assuming you mean combo points, it is crucial to how quick we get CP but it's not necessary, we're doing well without it atm.

Crit is one of the worst stats if you're Mutilate, followed only by the white hit cap.

With combo points that's what we base rip and savage roar off of, rip being the top dps attack for feral druid. The extra points are definitely needed to keep everything up. Just seems that the drop is way too much for a class that depends on crit to keep up.

Did you really think you'd be rocking 60% in entry level gear? Crit/haste/hit % from ratings have to be scaled back when you level up to make up for the increased numbers on higher level gear.

Not that I thought it would be at 60% but there should be some continuity between what changes. What is the point in putting better gear out if you are dropping what the stats mean, you might as well leave it the same and say OK, now you have 30% crit again, go get your points. I am saying that there is no need to have 233 agi on one piece of gear if you are going to make it worth less than 30 was on a previous piece. (slight exaggeration)

Quote Originally Posted by Dpskitty View Post
    Not that I thought it would be at 60% but there should be some continuity between what changes. What is the point in putting better gear out if you are dropping what the stats mean, you might as well leave it the same and say OK, now you have 30% crit again, go get your points. I am saying that there is no need to have 233 agi on one piece of gear if you are going to make it worth less than 30 was on a previous piece. (slight exaggeration)
    I get the feeling you don't really understand how blizzard calculates combat ratings. Simple fact of the matter is, ratings (crit, hit, haste, etc) are based on a formula that takes your level into account, as well as a scaleing vareable based on how much they want that rating to be affected by diminishing returns as you stack more of stats that affect it.

They decided that going from level 80 to 81 was going to put a BIG hit on how ALL of your ratings scale, and that they are looking at fixing the Diminishing return scaleing in such a way that you will need to literally stack the hell out of stats to get to the numbers we were seeing before (if you ever get there at all). This will be even more noticable for each additional level you gain up to 85.

I know on my Boomkin I went in with 17% hit, and about 50% crit, and i lost an easy 4% hit and 8 or 9% crit each time i leveled from *0 to 81 and 81 to 82, before i started replacing my gear.

Essentially, they have already said they didnt like the place we were at the end of Wrath, where many clases were actually hitting caps for some stats (like feral druids hitting an effective crit cap), and have decided that it is going to be a LOT harder (if not impossible) to do so in the future.

Also, remember, we are in what is essentially the first raid tier of this expantion. Expecting to come even close to your old stats is rediculous. That would be like decking your level 80 out in full naxx 25 gear and then whining that the stats dont match up with that other guy in full heroic ICC 25 gear.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2010-12-15 at 08:34 AM.

If Blizzard sees it as a problem they will adjust it, they may even give our abilities a % chance to add a combo point as well as when it crits.

P.S. Also stacking haste for feral looks to be the way to go this expansion.
    Smile

10+ Year Old Account
    Went from almost 35% crit in a mix of 264/277 ICC gear to 4.3% with almost full 343 now. However feels like it's alooot more

EDIT: Oh druid tread, hard to read I guess
    Current goals ingame:
    100 Mounts: Done Over 9000 Achievement points: Done
    All raiding glories:4/6
    40 Exalted reputations:Done
    Achievement whore since: June 2010!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you'd levelled up normally, without having masses of epic gear, there would be contiuity, don't expect to go from level 80 epics to 85 blues and greens and still be awesome. We're just as weak as each other now.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 02:23 PM ----------

Mine was nearly 68% at 80, at ilvl 350 I'm at about 34% now.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    If Blizzard sees it as a problem they will adjust it, they may even give our abilities a % chance to add a combo point as well as when it crits.

P.S. Also stacking haste for feral looks to be the way to go this expansion.

There's already a talent that gives us an extra CP on crit, and haste is the weakest feral stat; please don't spread bad information.
    God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh. ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by utopianh View Post
    There's already a talent that gives us an extra CP on crit, and haste is the weakest feral stat; please don't spread bad information.
    No but honestly if our crit is never going to exceed 50% even in end game cata they may need to adjust that talent to be more like rogues sinister strike glyph but for rake shred and mangle.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by utopianh View Post
    Agree, iv been forging all my haste into crit and mastery (if item alreayd had mastery i added crit, if it had crit i mastery) and so on, Seems to be ok so far :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    No but honestly if our crit is never going to exceed 50% even in end game cata they may need to adjust that talent to be more like rogues sinister strike glyph but for rake shred and mangle.
    We already get a guaranteed 2 combo points off of every critical hit that can generate combo points as feral. If you honestly think we need more then that, I would love some of what you have been smoking. Even a 40% chance to crit in decent gear is still shoving plenty combo points down our throats.

You just have to accept that blizzard never wants things to get crazy like they did in Wrath, where you could have a near 100% crit chance in high end gear.