Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir View Post
    You sooo misunderstand >.<
    Where the hell did i say anything about locks mages benefitting from spirit? Not all specs get hit from spirit? None of mages of locks in either spec gets hit from spirit.
    And who the hell is loothorny here? Do you see mages and locks rolling on spirit gear? If they are freaking nabs sure, same with healers needing on non spirit items. But for max dps or healing you do not want spirit. So locks and mages will never ever roll for it.
    Then again my point still stands. Why should spriest have a harder time to gear up then a healer priest? Let me say it again because its hard for you to understand fully what im trying to say.
    Why should healer priests have monopoly on spirit cloth that drops as much as dps cloth. In wotlk cloth dpsers also needed on some spirit gear, especially locks, so it's nothing new to have competition. Saying i am loothorny wtf, you should hold up a mirror. I am trying to be as fair as possible with loot. Using facts and such.
    Healing leather/mail/plate all drop way less common then cloth spirit does. Any clue why? Let's hope you do.
    My apologies, I might've misunderstood what you said indeed, but it's not hard to 'understand' like you hinted.

I don't see why healer priests should have priority over shadow priests on spirit items. Only reason for that would be that a dead dps does 0 dps I guess. I thought I heard of some specs at least on mage getting hit from spirit but maybe it was on beta or maybe I just misunderstood, meh whatever. Yet, I don't know if the manaregen of spirit cloth is that big of a deal dps wise on shadowpriest. I guess it's less using SW: D which should be a minor dps increase (?). Tho afaik, spriest will go way over gap all of the items have spirit, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Deviante View Post
    My apologies, I might've misunderstood what you said indeed, but it's not hard to 'understand' like you hinted.

I don't see why healer priests should have priority over shadow priests on spirit items. Only reason for that would be that a dead dps does 0 dps I guess. I thought I heard of some specs at least on mage getting hit from spirit but maybe it was on beta or maybe I just misunderstood, meh whatever. Yet, I don't know if the manaregen of spirit cloth is that big of a deal dps wise on shadowpriest. I guess it's less using SW: D which should be a minor dps increase (?). Tho afaik, spriest will go way over gap all of the items have spirit, correct?
    Well my point is, for better balance and more fair and lot more useful for yourself as priest, we should compete over spirit gear instead of hit.
    Blizzard made this for hybrids so we don't have to switch our whole set, to be able to dps, but in my understanding also to heal. So when a healer can benefit from this, why shouldn't a dpser hybrid? Looks all fair to me.
    And you are right about the cap thing. If we have in all our armor slots spirit we will be over the hit cap, and therefor gimp ourselfs. Though we would need around 1750 spirit for that on gear. But with reforge it all is a lot better Tho then i would pass spirit gear over for a guildy anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by darklenne View Post
    I went into a random HC, and throughout the whole instance I was asked and insulted for the use of Spirit on my items.

I tried explaining this to them, but no avail. Mind you, one particular member went on to say numerous derogatory comments about my "maw".
    Put the ignorant little children on ignore and go about your way Spirit = Hit for Spriest, blizz designed Spriest to use Spirit gear.

Had the same thing pretty much happen to me while I was leveling. Did Stonecore as DPS, and throughout the whole instance the boomkin was furiously jerking his e-peen over trash dps, linking recount after every other pull and going "lol u bad i beat u on dps newbzzz" while the DK was just chiming in with "LOOOLLL PWNEEEEDDDD LOL". Tried to explain that I wasn't mainspec dps, and that combat ratings have gone down and I'm still in mostly T10, but they didn't want to hear it, being the ignorant little children that they were. Put them both on ignore and enjoyed the silence for the rest of the dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Deviante View Post
    I thought I heard of some specs at least on mage getting hit from spirit but maybe it was on beta or maybe I just misunderstood, meh whatever.
    Currently, Mages and Warlocks have 0 use for Spirit. It's like Expertise on a hunter, completely useless. And yet they still Need on Spirit cloth when I'm in a group with them...(without even asking, no less)
    Last edited by Vook; 2010-12-15 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

as a shadowpriest I still somehow give priority to healers for spirit items. maybe to just stop the qq'ing in the end,lol

Quote Originally Posted by dyzophoria View Post
    as a shadowpriest I still somehow give priority to healers for spirit items. maybe to just stop the qq'ing in the end,lol
    Well you should not feel bad about needing spirit items !

I personally think blizzard made a mistake with the spirit to hit conversion being 1 for 1... you might as well grab your hit as spirit coz it can double as regen out of combat which is something hit cannot do. Considering the hit conversion is 1 for 1 this makes spirit superior and thus anyone who likes to min max to the nth degree will favour spirit. That means healers need to build a bridge and acknowledge this is the case and direct their angst to blizzard if they don't like it instead of players playing according to the current environment.

If ur suggesting to roll on spirit cloth gear as a paladin healer ur an idiot. Plat spec gives me 5% extra int which is a relatively massive bonus to my mana pool (thus regen), spell power and spell crit. So if your suggesting to lose a few hundred spell power, a few percent crit, 2k mana and some regen, for like 20+ spirit more than I had on the piece being upgraded, your either bad at math or you haven't done your homework.

Deleted
    Im a priest healer, and i dont mind competeing against a Spriest. But as 1 person suggested and i would say was a good idea, if you are grouped with a healing priest, wait and see if they need first, as a dead dps does no damage, if your healers are all geared you will be more likely to survive. I personally only need on upgrades. If the priest greeds then the Sp can need it IMO. As for other healers needing on cloth, thats rare, but you will all ways find muppets and ninja's, its the way of the world.

Tons of greedy people posting in this topic....

Here's the deal. No other class in the game will use spirit cloth. Priests of all specs will use spirit gear. Face it. We shadow priests don't just pick up 8 pieces of blue spirit gear then never roll on spirit again for the sake of healing priests. We would never, ever go up in dps by passing on loot. A spirit piece with more spirit than the already equipped piece will allow for an additional crit/haste piece which helps tons with our specialty, dps.

And besides, we don't want all spirit cloth. Just the spirit haste stuff for the most part. Quit whining about spirit and let the /roll decide.

Deleted
    Wow, I had no idea spirit gave hit... all my item upgrades so far in Cata has been no spirit and instead hit and mastery, I guess those are intended for mages and locks. Good thing I saved my healing gear from doing heroics and raids in wotlk.

just ignore them baddies

Wow. Quite an interesting thread

I've chatted with our resident healer Priest and she is fine with me rolling against her for Spirit cloth. However, I prefer to gear healers before DPS anyway, so should/when the situation arises, I will give first priority to her.

I'm sure BiS when we start getting epics will be a mixture of spirit and hit gear. Think about it. You're hit capped. Your belt, ie, has Hit and Mastery on it. A belt drops with Spirit and Crit. Of course you're gonna replace. Not only is Spirit better then Hit, but you also gain a far more usefull secondary stat too. No Shadow Priest in their right mind would gear only for Hit, or for Spirit. The game has changed, and we now have quite a nice niche for gear. We are the only cloth DPS class that has use for 50% of the cloth out there. Thats good. And it is also great for our off specs too
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir View Post
    Are you being serious?
    Like a paladin rolling for spirit cloth? Missing out on the plate specialization. And the fact that they have waaaay more chance on loot then.
    It's not like priest can roll for leather mail or plate, but the other way around it is fine? That's fair in your opinion?
    That's what i meant with basic greedy nature of many people. In our raids it's always according to your armor type.
    its not like they can roll on it in dungeons, and every raid leader with a brain will not give them cloth due the armor bonus so you have nothing to QQ about

Spirit may be better then hit but it doesn't mean that the gear that has spirit is right for you.

If a piece of gear has Int/Haste/Crit on it, I'll be taking that one over the one that has int/spirit/haste on it.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    some items that should be on par
    have more spi then there hit counter part so for SP's we specialy gain extra benefit from getting it

secund of all if you ever needed to heal you do got the healer gear let we speak
    so they shouldnt whine about it as they have no right

would understand if a healer priest would whine about but still

You just need 15 resto shamans that you rotate in and out of your party for 100% uptime on Mana Tide to lower the hitcap by 78% if you use spirit...

I did a dungeon yeserday, where as the lock needed on a spirit item, i didn't say anything like, but i did need the extra spirit as i am holy/disc specc, but meh i wouldn't mind if a spriest rolled but a dps where spirit does nothing for them its just silly.

Priests - Regardless of spec should always have priority for Cloth items with Spirit. I don't believe it is for Priest healers only.
    With this rule, I generally don't roll on cloth items without spirit if there is a Mage or Warlock in the group as they have to share the non-spirit items.

Eventually - A Shadow Priest will probably not need a single point of hit rating due to the amount of spirit. The benefit with this is that they can easily switch between the three specs without too much problem with itemisation.

As I Shadow/Holy Priest I will roll on Spirit Cloth and I expect priority if said item is a solid upgrade. I will NOT roll on cloth without spirit if there is a Warlock or Mage in the group that needs it. May sound unfair but that's how Blizzard made it.

Deleted
    I dont know if anyone has noticed it yet but the T11 shoulders and leggings for Spriest has spirit on it. but nothing there with hit..

Quote Originally Posted by Sithik View Post
    I dont know if anyone has noticed it yet but the T11 shoulders and leggings for Spriest has spirit on it. but nothing there with hit..
    Why not? Spirit is 1:1 conversion to Hit Rating and will benefit us more than actual hit rating say if we wanted to Heal.

Don't forget that Spirit is the only base stat that can be reforged out if you have too much effective Hit rating. All Priests should be discouraged from actual Hit Rating and should leave it to Warlocks and Mages.