Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    Why not? Spirit is 1:1 conversion to Hit Rating and will benefit us more than actual hit rating say if we wanted to Heal.

Don't forget that Spirit is the only base stat that can be reforged out if you have too much effective Hit rating. All Priests should be discouraged from actual Hit Rating and should leave it to Warlocks and Mages.
    I was just making a statement to those who are complaining about Spriest taking Spirit gear

To little spirit in my opinion tho, because we only get 337 Spirit in that set, so guess we Spriest need to need on spirit off set and do some reforging too then. Time will show
    Last edited by mmoc34e4c98c38; 2010-12-16 at 12:05 PM.

Shadowpriests can't win.

I get yelled at when I roll against healing priests for SPR gears 1) to improve my hit and 2) it's an upgrade.

I get yelled at by mages and locks for rolling on non-SPR dps.

When there are no healing priests in the group, I have mages and locks rolling on SPR gears against me.

We can't win. Blizz needs to make a better distinction for priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Spning View Post
    Shadowpriests can't win.

I get yelled at when I roll against healing priests for SPR gears 1) to improve my hit and 2) it's an upgrade.

I get yelled at by mages and locks for rolling on non-SPR dps.

When there are no healing priests in the group, I have mages and locks rolling on SPR gears against me.

We can't win. Blizz needs to make a better distinction for priests.
    Don't listen to them. Holy/Disc Priests are not entitled to their own gear. Priests as a whole are entitled to their own gear. Blizzard made it this way. Think of it like this:

Normal Cloth - (Contains Hit Rating, No Spirit) Shared By:
    Mages (All Specs)
    Warlocks (All Specs)

Spirit Cloth - (Contains NO Hit Rating. Compensated by Spirit) Shared By:
    Priest (Holy/Disc)
    Priest (Shadow)

With this ruleset in mind, I think it's wrong that Mages/Warlocks will be prioritised over a Priest on Spirit gear and vice versa. Priest's regardless of spec should not be rolling on items with Hit Rating unless no one else needs it. This sounds completely fair to me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Backreaper View Post
    I never said it was fair, but if for a resto druid its an upgrade regardless of armor specialization then theyl probably roll for it as well.
    Well that would hardly matter since they can't press need.

Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    Don't listen to them. Holy/Disc Priests are not entitled to their own gear. Priests as a whole are entitled to their own gear. Blizzard made it this way. Think of it like this:

Normal Cloth - (Contains Hit Rating, No Spirit) Shared By:
    Mages (All Specs)
    Warlocks (All Specs)

Spirit Cloth - (Contains NO Hit Rating. Compensated by Spirit) Shared By:
    Priest (Holy/Disc)
    Priest (Shadow)

With this ruleset in mind, I think it's wrong that Mages/Warlocks will be prioritised over a Priest on Spirit gear and vice versa. Priest's regardless of spec should not be rolling on items with Hit Rating unless no one else needs it. This sounds completely fair to me.

Thanks, I think that's a great rule of thumb for me to follow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys. Cool it , we are the same class.

Remember that Ele Shamans and Balance Druids(?) have this issue with their healer counter-part as well. I believe this design change was not only to lower loot distiction (mail Int hit gear), but to also allow DPS and Healers to change role without changing too much of their gear. I'm able to respec Shadow for a 2 healer fight and not worry about hit rating! How great is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Backreaper View Post
    The people in your dungeon are obviously bad players who think they know everything.
    1 spirit = 1 hit +some mana regen.
    Spirit gives no mana regen to shadow priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogey View Post
    Spirit gives no mana regen to shadow priests.
    Not in combat, but outside of combat it does, so it means you regain more mana in between trash pack pulls. It's just a nice bonus over using pure hit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Not in combat, but outside of combat it does, so it means you regain more mana in between trash pack pulls. It's just a nice bonus over using pure hit.
    But nothing worth taking into account for actual combat longevity.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Optimal DPS gear is always going to have all of your best stats on it. If you haven't noticed, spirit gear tends to lack 1 major stat that spriests WANT.

You may get a piece with 100 spirit on it, but you'll be robbing yourself of a potential 100 haste.

Even reforging won't solve that problem.

Learn to manage your freaking mana. It's not that hard.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Learn to manage your freaking mana. It's not that hard.
    It's not even that. It's just drinking between pulls and who cares about heroics!?

Im also gearing with spirit gear to avoid having to carry two disparate gear sets, anyone telling you this is a bad strategy is dumb

Obviously dont ignore clearly superior items, but similarly, dont be taking items from your cohorts when the item you have is the same albeit with a stat which doesnt "say" hit!

Im disc/shadow. In randoms im healer 99,9% of the time since obviously theres a need for healers on my server - Mazrigos/battlegroup - dont know and dont care. What im worried about is that even though i do 3-4 randoms/guild runs per day for past week or so, i got 1 item for my healing specc (the gloves). And by one item i mean one spirit cloth that dropped. I still have green q boots and bracers (ye... no tailoring no faction no justice vendor sells those slots). I get 2 items with spirit from faction quatermasters, one of wich is shared with my tailoring epic only spirit item (same stats, nice job blizz). And since healers mana can be a bitch to go by in hc's i really really need those spirit items (thats why im not taking that nonspirit items since i loose around 200 spirit+ alltogether).
    On the other hand i am shadowpriest (at least i gear it when i can) and i pass in randoms all the time since im a healer (ye... imagine that not needing on items since its not my mainspecc?!?). That leaves me (with my insane bad luck) crappy chances on spirit gear for healing specc and zero chances on my dps gear as shadow since its my offspecc.

And now shadows are needing on spirit for those brief moments between trash pull? Yey cant wait for randoms where i start needing on everything i can need on.

I do understand shadows, but my bad luck in getting any items for my healing gear had made me bitter and angry and i feel threaten by my offspecc now

Theres one thing id like to point out. Spirit no matter how good it is or balanced for any specc was meant to be healer stat. That was stated from blizz. They only put that conversion in so healers dont need second set of gear if they change specc. If DPS goes oom in hc' fight its not a big deal since they can stand there, maybe disperse, but if healer goes oom well things get complicated.
    Be smart dont look at yourself as no.1 in the world, if your with a fellow healer priest, pass spirit if he needs on it. And that my friends will keep spirit up for both
    Last edited by Eow; 2010-12-17 at 09:27 AM.

With SW;D mana regen, double under 25% since you can cast two times
    Dispersion ready almost any time
    Shadowfiend that gets its CD shortened. I can't really see how you can run oom, unless you are spamming DP to dps. SW;P and VT on the targets, roll trough them with MF to refresh the spell, and you should be doing 10k dps in greens. DP is imo only a spell to put on nuke targets, bosses and small groups.

Unless your group is struggling VERY hard to kill stuff, keep SW;D on CD, and your will be at 50-80% mana troughout the fight.

Bumping an old thread because its clear that people still don't understand.

Spriests rolling on and wearing spirit gear has nothing to do about regen. 99% of groups aren't waiting around between pulls for everyone to spirit regen, so the stat as a mana weight, is irrelevant.

We wear spirit because we need the hit rating. Im in almost full bis gear (12/12 25m) and I either have spirit pieces in every slot, or crit rating reforged to spirit just to meet the hit cap. I'm even human, so I get more hit from spirit than from hit!

Please PLEASE stop thinking that Spriests shouldn't be allowed spirit because they have "oh so many cd's" to get mana back. That arguement is invalid and really getting old.

EDIT: Disc priests stack mastery after Int > spirit so.... what the !@#$ is the problem? Shadow avoids mastery like the plague!
    Last edited by Adon; 2011-01-30 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Bumping an old thread because its clear that people still don't understand.

Spriests rolling on and wearing spirit gear has nothing to do about regen. 99% of groups aren't waiting around between pulls for everyone to spirit regen, so the stat as a mana weight, is irrelevant.

We wear spirit because we need the hit rating. Im in almost full bis gear (12/12 25m) and I either have spirit pieces in every slot, or crit rating reforged to spirit just to meet the hit cap. I'm even human, so I get more hit from spirit than from hit!

Please PLEASE stop thinking that Spriests shouldn't be allowed spirit because they have "oh so many cd's" to get mana back. That arguement is invalid and really getting old.

EDIT: Disc priests stack mastery after Int > spirit so.... what the !@#$ is the problem? Shadow avoids mastery like the plague!
    This person pretty much nailed it. I'd also like to point out that most hit items with the exception of a couple have crit/mastery instead of haste therefore making the spirit/haste item more valuable to us. That is why i primarily go spirit because I find it is better itemized to the secondary stat we need. Obviously if you are hit capped you shouldnt be replacing a crit/haste or haste/mastery item with spirit/anything UNLESS you are wearing a blue spirit item in another slot that you know you plan to upgrade to an item with no spirit/hit on it. To avoid taking items you won't necessarily want later review the gear available to you and make a list of gear you want. This avoids taking gear you won't need later and spreads it to people who might plan to keep it for the full tier of content.

Deleted
    our guild had some issues discussing this, as some healers got very angry when some dps druids and lighting shamans rolled for spirit gear.. (atm the priest in the guild are very friendly between us and we all understand spirit is ok for all of us)

at the end, the raidleader chose to let anyone loot for whatever they need. (ofc no spirit cloth for mages/warlocks as it's useless stat). This means.. we healers can also roll for nonspirit cloth. Atm im sitting in my holy spec at about 4200manaregen in combat, with the full card proc (wich is always 19s left or so). So rolling for some mastery/haste items is not so awful, and can give beter throughput even tho you lose some manaregen.. (also reforge gives you a little bit back..

in conclusion, make sure no one is just so greedy and rolls for everything they "may" need, and let them roll for the things they need. Shadow priest for example, should roll for normal and spirit cloth.
    Some guilds are letting shadows roll for spirit only if they actualy use their heal offspec when it's needed, and if they are pure dps, giving priority to the heals (wich uses to end in a higher kill chance on bosses. unless some dps do really bad)

Quote Originally Posted by JaheraMinahonda View Post
    our guild had some issues discussing this, as some healers got very angry when some dps druids and lighting shamans rolled for spirit gear.. (atm the priest in the guild are very friendly between us and we all understand spirit is ok for all of us)
    Make sure your guild healers knows that Spirit pieces are the ONLY way for Balance Druids and Elemental Shaman to get hit rating. There are NO pieces of PvE caster leather or mail with hit rating on it.

That's why the discussion about Spriests rolling on Spirit gear is a little different.

I can understand why people look at shadow priests using spirit gear and immediately think that player is bad, but that's not he case.

It's ONE talent, that has a bunch of text surrounding it, and you know how people are about... reading...

Spirit is one of our prime stats in this expansion... personally I think it's bull shit because of the reason you just gave. Needing or spending DKP on spirit gear may be necessary, but healers aren't going to understand it.

Not all of them at least.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I would always perfer to use Spirit gear over pure Hit if I have the option, simply because it can be used for both of my talent specs instead of just one. It seems pretty obvious Spirit is supposed to be used instead of Hit as Shadow, considering our Tier 11 has Spirit instead of Hit on it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.