Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Mage dps lacking in CATA

Don't worry guys it'll all be over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by daydayhyphy View Post
    Don't worry guys it'll all be over soon.
    Oh no, why?!? I want to look down on mages for a while yet. Are you saying you will all move up the charts?

At least frost is good for something.. PvP. Arcane and fire just fails in both aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Came across a frostfire mage last night in a random, he was doing very well, 10-15k single target.

Quote Originally Posted by yovmit98 View Post
    Came across a frostfire mage last night in a random, he was doing very well, 10-15k single target.
    depends on the player the ones who cant do 15k complain....

look at ret pallies there dps is relied apon procs same as a fwe other classes.
    mages will just have to grim and bare it till they get op mana pools and can hit one button again.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

85 Mage main, usualy top dps in every heroic all while CCing, fire spec, I don't see any problem.

....we have bad dps? O_o Nooooooooooooooooooo!

In like raids or something right? I just know as Frost in my PvE spec I can do like 13kish on heroic bosses I think. 11k-12k without deep freezes I know for certain.

I play arcane n im having the same problem...been reading the forums and trying to find out what stats to use. But with where should i be with heroics is my question. Im def not a fail mage i had no problems in WOTLK..ive reforged n gemmed a few times n still my dps hasnt passed 9k..im in all 346 blues.. its gotta be something wrong im doing with my gear

We are underperforming? News to me I'm putting everything but good unholydks and ferals to shame on the charts.

I think the DPS is just a bit lower now because people are actually stopping to do CC and spell steal as well as other abilities and its not an all out spam dps on a boss like it used to be in WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by ssj3mage View Post
    I play arcane n im having the same problem...been reading the forums and trying to find out what stats to use. But with where should i be with heroics is my question. Im def not a fail mage i had no problems in WOTLK..ive reforged n gemmed a few times n still my dps hasnt passed 9k..im in all 346 blues.. its gotta be something wrong im doing with my gear
    If by nature you don't at least have an idea of what you need to do to fix your problem you probably aren't an above average mage.

Use mage armor with the mage armor glyph and time your evo and use mana gem as a dps cooldown on burn phases.

Do you have an armory link of some sort? ^_^ Yesterday I fixed my Frost spec and got "Ignite" which gave it QUITE a deeps boost. Maybe we can make an adjustment?

Silly mages, you had an entire expac to shine. Let someone else do it.

yea
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/airres/simple

wont let me post links yet lol..but thats my profile...i undid all reforging last night

15+ Year Old Account
    I really hope OP is not serious, specially after months of QQ about mage's OP DPS.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Mage DPS is fine.

Mages have always and will always suffer more from undergearing than other classes. Once people are fully established in tier gear, mages will float to the top.

I am only completely out-classed by feral druids right now. Any other class/spec I can and will beat.

Helpful tip: GO ARCANE

Deleted
    I am not 346 all the way yet (339 itemlvl atm), but do ok damage with Arcane. It's realy all about mana-management. Int - Hit - Mastery - Crit - Haste is the order to stack. (EJ-forums tells Haste is better then Crit, but then your manaflow goes quicker as well, so prolly better when mana is no or significant little issue anymore. For the moment I prefer Crit over Haste, so my cast just hit harder)

Don't be afraid to use (only) 2 or 3x AB before you Barr. Evocation is up every 2 minutes now, so use that a lot. Use mana-gems wisely.

When I start nuking (I use a macro wich activates all at once) and just spam AB, I am out of mana in no-time. So keep an eye on your your cooldowns etc to let the mana high, cuz a lot of extra damage you get out of Mastery wich requires high-mana to be at his best. It's all about timing and managing your manaflow now.

Doing about 10k dps in dungeon, and when Nuking and give it all 15k (ish)
    Last edited by mmocf08192276f; 2010-12-15 at 02:53 PM.

yea
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/airres/simple

wont let me post links yet lol..but thats my profile...i undid all reforging last night
    Okay so you dps as fire right?

Well I don't see anything that would ruin your dps like a bunch of spirit gear...just a pvp trinket and an agility gem. ^_^' I guess your toons all good. Perhaps practice again? Whats your rotation and stuff?

My secondary spec is fire. I just know it has pretty lousy dps unless I can start getting Hotstreaks.

Mage DPS is lacking? What? I'm doing fine in heroics and raids at the moment, even with bad gear.

I'm currently donig dungeons as fire and I am having no issues at all with topping the dps charts. Currently sitting at 337 ilvl with around 29.5% crit with certain buffs in dungeon groups, without counting fireball glyph and critical mass debuff. Mana doesn't seem to be an issue at all either but I have yet to do any raids to see how I'd fair. Boss fights are averaging about 12-13k, sometimes getting upwards fo 17k dps on single target bosses.