Deep Freeze buggy in PVE?

Anyone noticed that deep freeze "sometimes" does zero damage? Both me and a friend noticed it showing only immune and no damage. And just checked it on recount and found 3 DFs (out of 6) done zero damage. I'm still not sure since recount could count the stun effect as a separate spell. And I didn't have good time mid group to appropriately check combat log.

Is it working fine or there is an issue?

I just thought it missed. : /

The only time I get 'Immune' and it doesn't do damage is when I badly time it and use it during AMS or Bubble. Other than that, the only times it doesn't do damage in PvE is when it misses, or actually freezes the mob

hmmm good point.

I'm hit capped for 5 mans.. and saw it in the arena thingy in twilight highlands. Forgot their levels.. weren't they 85?

And 50% miss rate is one shitty luck!

Yes it is bugged.Did a dungeon last night and DF was doing zero damage most of the time.

Deleted
    I have noticed the same issue in 5-mans, and I'm hitcapped for raiding...

I've not noticed this bug. Each time I hit it, it either stuns them or hurts them. I'm rather mindful of my deep freezes too, because you'd be surprised what can be stunned in these 5-mans that you would think shouldn't be stunnable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin View Post
    Anyone noticed that deep freeze "sometimes" does zero damage? Both me and a friend noticed it showing only immune and no damage. And just checked it on recount and found 3 DFs (out of 6) done zero damage. I'm still not sure since recount could count the stun effect as a separate spell. And I didn't have good time mid group to appropriately check combat log.

Is it working fine or there is an issue?
    When you use Deep Freeze on a stun immune mob, recount sees two things happening with the spell: 1 part damage, and 1 part immune. It lists both in the meter. So if you DF 4 times in a boss fight, it will show 8 DFs with 4 doing damage and 4 immune.

And to the above post, Deep Freeze only deals damage on mobs that are permanently immune to stun, so that's why you see it either stunning or dealing damage.
    Last edited by Potato Bus; 2010-12-16 at 10:57 AM.